I created the Catalunyian league and thus the national team with it. Firstly I'd like to say that I made the unforgivable mistake of not changing Cesc's nationality when I was making this patch edit so he's spanish in my game...

Im coaching the national team and for some inexplicable reason I cant use Xavi. This doesnt really compliment my FM abilities but please bear with me...

I have tried 4-5-1, or the same formation that barca play, and I've customised Xavi's role whichever way i can. Ive then changed my formation to 4-3-2-1, giving him and iniesta more of an attacking role but still he's not fitting in...

He is an amazing player and I need a player like that in my team but so far he's been playing sub-par. Any help with his role or of the team would be most welcome ;)

Just give him the role "Actor" and he will do wonders. Just like in WC

????????????????????

Actor??. what you want him to stand on a stage and read a script!.

make him a deep lying playmaker in a MC posistion, should fit in fine

ok and how do you play Xavi? And how many passes does he atttept per game ( only average).

Reason why i'm asking is because I have Iniesta on advance playmaker support, Busquets on defensive mid and Xavi on advance playmaker support. I'm currently playing an edited database and Xavi in game has so far ( only friendly's ) attempted 864 passes and completed 766 in 11 games. That's 88%.

my passing completion rates are ranked in the current qualification campaign

f.navarro 83%

busquets 82

s.sanchez 80

xavi 80

rodriguez 79

but his ratings are not very good, his highest rating was 7.3, and that was when he scored a goal...he's attempting about 50-60 passes/game

i usually play him as a deep lying playmaker, support. short passing with little closing down and much creativity

im now playing s-korea who have only 3 'real' players and s.korea are dominating possession and we're not creating any chances...how thats possible i dont know because this is a decent team with some great players...

i won the game 2-1 after changing the tactic to: http://www.fm-base.co.uk/forum/f72/barcelona-tactic-t37097.html

and taking xavi off...

im now playing s-korea who have only 3 'real' players and s.korea are dominating possession and we're not creating any chances...how thats possible i dont know because this is a decent team with some great players...

i won the game 2-1 after changing the tactic to: http://www.fm-base.co.uk/forum/f72/barcelona-tactic-t37097.html

and taking xavi off...

Which version was it?

and taking xavi off...

Were you using version 1? cos thats a great tactic. using that tactic will help you create loads of chances but it will take time for first the team to gel and second for them to get used to it.

Archived