madman1970's African leagues in advanced panel

madman1970

This is an xml file that adds some African leagues into the game. All leagues and cups are made using the advanced panel. The leagues are made as accurately as possible but the leagues may be incorrect and this will be because I have been unable to find the information on the leagues. The leagues that have been made will be listed here and these are the only leagues that are in the latest version in my file. I hope to eventually make as many African leagues playable as possible but this is a very long job because each league will need to be thoroughly tested. I you think that you have found a bug/mistake in my work then please post in this thread. I will add new leagues soon but I have only done 4 at the moment. The first post will be updated once I have made a new league.

The leagues that have been made:

Algeria (Level 2) + 2 cups

Angola (Level 1) + 2 cups

Gabon (Level 1) + 1 cup

Ivory Coast (Level 1) + 1 cup

Reunion (Level 1) + 1 cup

Sudan (Level 1) + 1 cup

Togo (Level 1) + 1 cup

Zanzibar (Level 1)

The only issue that I have found so far is very minor and cosmetic. The results screen on the league and cups – If you click on years the tournament years are 1 year in front e.g. the 2009/10 cup will appear as 2010/11 for some reason. This doesn’t affect when the games are played. It’s only cosmetic and doesn’t affect anything else. I don’t know why it is doing this but if anyone has a solution then let me know. Again, it is only a cosmetic bug.

Download link

You need to put the xml file in my documents/sports interactive/football manager 2010/editor data

Then you need to tick the box for my file when starting a new game.

I also recommend ticking add key staff when starting a new game so the players that are generated at the start of the game will be a range of ages instead of just being 15 and 16.

All leagues have been tested for at least 1 and a half seasons.

Other downloads - I highly recommend downloading FuryG's Africa mega update from here

If you would like to put this file on another website then please ask me by pm first.

Any problems then just ask.

Hi madman1970,

Do you plan to make all leagues yourself? I ask you this, because there allready are some very high quality African leagues made by FuryG, Veg, Blue Lou and O'Leary's Trainee. (Hopefully I didn't forget someone...) It would save you a lot of time, if you only add the nations that aren't been made allready. :thup:

Hi madman1970,

Do you plan to make all leagues yourself? I ask you this, because there allready are some very high quality African leagues made by FuryG, Veg, Blue Lou and O'Leary's Trainee. (Hopefully I didn't forget someone...) It would save you a lot of time, if you only add the nations that aren't been made allready. :thup:

Yeh I think that I am only going to make those not currently in game or made by anyone else..

I had set plans in motion for something called Project Africa which was to get those proficient with the advanced panel and those who release player updates to work together to get a brilliant update out. It never started but it's something I'd like to see.

As for the cup history issue I'd ask is the Final played after the Season Update day? If so either move it before that date or move the Update day forward. Either that or the competition Start and End dates are incorrect, make sure they fall only on the dates the games are played (e.g. if it starts in Dec and ends in May use Dec 0 and May 1, but if it starts in Jan and ends in May, use the setup date as one in Jan and use Jan 0 May 0)

Madman: I love your project. Keep it going! I'm going to start creating leagues again in a few weeks, when I've finnished my masters degree. Going to download this one! Anyway you should join Magics, expansion project. I will also be a part of it. The project will make it possible to develop the leagues faster and in even better quality.

Can I also ask has this been tested at all, if so for how long was it tested?

I tested for 1 and a half seasons and the leagues and cups all reset OK and recorded history. They have all been tested at least twice. Only just noticed that I haven't put this in the OP

Madman: I love your project. Keep it going! I'm going to start creating leagues again in a few weeks, when I've finnished my masters degree. Going to download this one! Anyway you should join Magics, expansion project. I will also be a part of it. The project will make it possible to develop the leagues faster and in even better quality.

What project is this that you talk of Veg?

The project Magicmastermind talk about in the 4rth post of this thread. It is about expanding the number of African leagues in the game. Magic has set up a teamspeak client to were we used to meet and talk about the advanced panels, and help each other out. Unfortunately, work, studies etc have stopped the project from going to far the last couple of months, but I'm sure we wil be able to get it back up and running. O'leary's Tranee was also a part of this, as was Laton Bhoy, and Mrte90. I will start up again later this mopnth working, need to find a new country though as I have a half finnished three tier Ivory Coast league wauting, but since you have don that Nation I'll go for something else. Anyway send Magic master mind a PM and he can tell more about how he plans the project to get going..

Archived