Youth Coach - what gives?

I've just signed a top class GK coach - 5 star rating for First Team coaching, but he only gets 2.5 stars for youth GK coaching, even though he has a 20 rating for Working With Youngsters. My question is, is it possible to sign a coach who is good for both First Team and Youth Team roles, and if so, what stats should I look out for? If it isn't possible to do both jobs well, how can I search for good Youth Coaches? :confused:

Ah. That's interesting. Having just signed a youth contract GK, my coach's youth rating has gone up to 5 stars. In which case, I can recommend Rosario Di Vicenzo as an absolute top GK coach, for youth and first team...

Cheers.

hey guys what about YOUTH coaches? I use coaches for training both 1st and youth players, I dont have any youth coaches, is there any difference in youth players developing quickly if you use specifically youth coaches?

hey guys what about YOUTH coaches? I use coaches for training both 1st and youth players, I dont have any youth coaches, is there any difference in youth players developing quickly if you use specifically youth coaches?

Makes no difference whether you have regular coaches or youth coaches training your youngsters. As long as the coach has a good 'working with youngsters' stat.

I suspect the youth coaches (or at least working with youngsters attribute) may affect the quality of newgens that come from academy. My best newgens have had my better youth coaches as their favoured personnel when I got them from the academy at least.. But then again, I haven't really done any testing on this matter so who knows, may be just a coincidence. :)

I suspect the youth coaches (or at least working with youngsters attribute) may affect the quality of newgens that come from academy. My best newgens have had my better youth coaches as their favoured personnel when I got them from the academy at least.. But then again, I haven't really done any testing on this matter so who knows, may be just a coincidence. :)

There's probably some connection, but just a bit if anything. I've had several good regens as well and some of their favorite personnel have less than 10 for working with youngsters. The main things that influence the quality of the youth intake are the youth facilities and club reputation.

There's probably some connection, but just a bit if anything. I've had several good regens as well and some of their favorite personnel have less than 10 for working with youngsters. The main things that influence the quality of the youth intake are the youth facilities and club reputation.
Yup, it's very hard to be sure because there's so much randomness involved.. It would make sense though, so I still make an effort to have top notch youth coaches around if I can afford :)

Archived