[FM10] Spurs

jackripper

have the chris summer update so Spurs are in the champions League along with blackpool in the prem etc... no other edits made.

spurs3.jpg

Tottenham Hotspurs 2009/10--The beginning!!

WhiteHartLaneES_468x316.jpg

Little Info

Tottenham Hotspur Football Club commonly referred to as Spurs, are an English professional football club based in Tottenham, North London, which currently plays in the Premier League. The club's home stadium is White Hart Lane.

Tottenham Hotspur were the first club in the 20th century to achieve the League and FA Cup Double, winning both competitions in the 1960–61 season. In 1963 they became the first British club to win a major European trophy — the European Cup Winners' Cup. In the 1970s, they won the League Cup on two occasions and were the inaugural winners of the UEFA Cup in 1972 (becoming the first British club to win two different major European trophies). In the 1980s, Spurs won several trophies: the FA Cup twice, FA Community Shield and the UEFA Cup 1983–84. In the 1990s, they won the FA Cup and the League Cup. In 2008 they won the League Cup once more, meaning that they have won a trophy in each of the last six decades — an achievement only matched by Manchester United.

The club's Latin motto is Audere est Facere (lit: "To Dare Is to Do"), and its emblem is a gamecock standing upon a football. The club has a long-standing rivalry with near neighbours Arsenal, and matches between the two teams are known as the North London derby.

Spurs 2009/10--Barclays Premier League

Spurs Squad--A youthful squad based on many british players like huddlestone, Bale and King. i didnt improve it much but the injury proness of Ledley will make me look for a replacement in the future. Defence was solid and my midfeild held there own against some of the best players in the league. We had a bit of an issue with Modric who was close to leaving but decided to stay so i offered a new 4 year contract which he signed. Crouch and Defoe were brilliant for me as was 16 year old Lukaku who scored 23 goals in 40 app in his debut season.

Transfers- I didnt really trust Gomes as my number one so i dipped into the market to bring in russian goalkeeper and captian Igor Akinfeev. A highly rated goalkeeper who at a young age will only become better. He cost just under £20million. i also brought in 16 year old anderlecht striker Romelu Lukaku who had a brilliant debut season at the club. People say hes the next Drogba and if thats to go by then we have a talented player at the club. He cost me £15mil. With that i sold Pavyulchenko,Keane, townsend and hutton bringing in around £19million.

League Table--We once again built on what Harry acheived last year by going one better as we finish 3rd behind Champions Chelsea and Manchester United. We stayed in top half virtually all season and once again we bring in Champions league football and its cash aswell. Newcastle went down which was a suprise and Liverpool showed there decline by finishing 11th and not even making Europe.

Champions League--We made our Champions League debut and was handed a tough group alongside Werder Bremen, Benfica and rosenburg. we beat dynamo kieiv in the qualifier and to be honest i knew we could finish top two in the group and we did that by winning the group. we headed into the next round against Lyon who unfortuanlty beat us 4-3 over the two legs and so we were out butour goal was to make group stages and we did one better. The players will learn from this im sure.

League Cup--Some people call this the mickey mouse cup but for us to win it was an amazing acheivement by my players. We had quite an easy run through the rounds beating the likes of Stoke and Wolves and QPR on route to Wembley. we played Manchester United in the final and with a Crouch double and Lukaku completeing the scoring as we beat my favourite clb Manchester United 3-1.

--Nearly another return to Wembley if we didnt lose to chelsea in the semi final in extra time before losing 3-2 eventually. We beat fulham and Middlseborough on route to the semis.

Key Player

Igor Akinfeev--Brilliant debut season from my new signing showing me i was right to play such an amount for an untested goalkeeper in the EPL. With many years ahead of him hes going to become one of the worlds greats. I just hope its with spurs.

--i wasnt expecting these kind of performances which made the right back spot his hands down leabing Corluka on the bench for most of the season. A truly great season from a great proffessional well done.

--With so many good strikers available to me i knew i would have to sell one or two and Crouch was one that was in my mind to let go but after this season im glad i didnt. With 28 goals in 43 appearances he was my clubs topscorer.

Season   Country    League        Position   Achievements
2009/10  England    Prem League   3rd        Carling Cup Winners
2010/11  England    Prem League   1st        Premier League Champions,League Cup runners up
2011/12  England    Prem League   1st        Premier League Champions,League Cup Winners.

I'm also a Spurs fan, very good season and nice win in the cup, unlucky in the Champions League, but not at all bad for the first time in the comp.

Hopefully you can do even better in the seasons ahead.:)

spurs3.jpg

Tottenham Hotspurs 2010/11--Moving on Up

With the final whistle now blown and a brilliant 5-1 home win against newly relegated bolton we opened up the bubbly and the party started with our home fans as we are officially crowned champions of england. Tottenham Hotspurs are the champions and by a distance aswell as you can see in the League Table. We won the league by a huge gap of 13 points which just shows the massive improvements the club has made since my arrival. We had a few scares along the way like drawing at home with Middllesborough and then following that a defeat to Stoke 1-0 at home also. We did have some great results to with us beating chelsea 3-1 at home and Arsenal 3-2 however before our final game against bolton we travelled to Man City and ended up being stuffed 4-1 so i was glad the title race was already over.

Before the season started my scouts worked overtime looking to find players who could take the club to the next level and we did some major business in the Transfers. I spoke with my assistant to see who would not be able to take the club forward or anyone who possibly reached the top of the game and possibly couldnt improve anymore. I was given around £36million to give a good title challenge and whatever i brought in by player sale aswell. First bit of business came from Rich club Real Madrid who offered around £20million for dos santos who had been on loan there so i gladly accepted and prayed he wouldnt reject there contract offer as this was good for both parties. He was on his way after completing a medical and agreeing terms. Also to leave the club were Woodgate who had his fair share of injuries and with Ledley in a similar position it was pointless me keeping both of them so one had to go and off Woodgate went for £5million. Kranjcar, Jenas and O hara also left the club bringing in a total sum of £63million.Not bad going.

So with the deadwood now out of the club it was time for me to start searching the globe for the next big thing and if there was any value in the market so to speak. My first signing would be Verratti who cost £500k and is coming on hugely. With Real buying santos from me and there huge squad i cheekily through in a £5million bid in for AMC Van der Vaart and to my suprise they accepted and he was on his way as long as we could agree terms. His wage demand was a bit high but he is a class player who i rate highly. With woodgate gone and King struggling i decided a centre back would be one of my main areas to target and after scouring europe i found myself flying to France to complete a deal for centre back Mahmouda Sakho. A french centre back who has the potential to become a world beater. He came at a price mind with me shelling out around £15million. My scouts then came to me about a young striker from Brazil who had been attracting interest from all around europe, I was told he would become the next big thing form Brazil since possibly Pele. I decided to act quick and tabled a bid of around £14million but Santos played hard ball and wouldnt accept nything below £16million so i shelled out hoping my scouts are right about this one. with one week to go and players like Santos and Kranjcar gone i felt i needed a player who was very versatiale and could play virtually anywhere in midfeild.There were quite a few options and possibly cheaper ones than the one i finally spent the cash for. both Manchester clubs were interested so i appraoched Martin O Neill with regards to James Milner. Martin refused straight away so i spoke with the chairman and he threw in a hge offer of £28.5 milllion pound. Quite a huge sum of money but he could cover many positions and save me buying cover for those positions he could fill. We had the offer accepted and James flew down to london in Mr Levys private jet. I met him at the training ground where he was due a medical and showed him around. He seemed impressed and we agreed a 5 year contract and he was officially unvieled by the club just before the season started. Bringing my total spending to £71 million which is a lot but i recouped around £63million so it wasnt that bad.

We won the League but in the cups it was a bit different as once again we reached the[/url] final for the second year running after beating both Manchester clubs and Chelsea on route with wigan thrown in the mix to. we travelled to Wembley which really isnt far from us anyway and we would be facing huge rivals Arsenal. Which obviously added that extra bit of spice. My boys seemed tense before the game and it showed as we come undone by a 64th minute goal by bendtner and we lost the game 1-0. A disapointment but once again we reached the final. The was a bit different after beating Hull and Swindon we met Chelsea and after a scrappy 1-1 draw forced a replay we headed to the Bridge where we came unstuck once again against another club from London. Chelsea ran out eventual winners 3-2 and once again we were out of the FA Cup. Now onto our second season in the and we were drawn once again with Werder Bremen, Lazio and Partizan. We finished 2nd in the group to werder bremen who beat us 2-1 in the final group game so we knew who ever we pulled next would be a bit harder than what we would of pulled if we won the group. We was then paired against Italian champions Inter who were on a roll domestically and this would be a huge mountain for us to climb especially losing 2-0 at home in he first leg. We travelled to Italy 2-0 down and already beaten was the way some players were thinking and you could tell as Inter scored 3 goals to not only beat us but show even though we won the English Premier League, Europe is a totally different ball game.

So with us having a great season domestically it was down to the whole team and not just individuals but i do however have to mention a few players who really stood out. Now for a 17 year old striker to score goals like he does is totally crazy and im glad i signed when i did because this guy just scores for fun. I used to think Defoe was one of the best natural finishers around but thats changed with Lukaku once again scoring lots of goals and firing us to our first title in many many years. It scares me to think just how good this player will become and it would be my pleasure if he became World footballer of the year in a few years time under my guidance. I just hope we can match his ambition which at the moment were not doing to bad on. I also mention who once again had another great season in the engine room of the team. The type of player who does all the dirty work for the likes of Modric and Van der Vaart to create and steal the headlines. Can he keep it up and progress even more in footballing terms or is this the finished article. Who knows what the future holds but if he keeps playing like he is then he will become an integral part of the club. If he isnt already.

Seasonal review

A Premier league winners medal alongside my League cup winners and runner up medals sit nicely alongside my newly won manager of the year award so you could say my start with Spurs has been fantastic but take no credit away from Harry redknapp who placed the foundations and found the rough gems which i came and polished. The future of spurs is a good one providing the debt of £51million doesnt affect us to much. So aslong as we win things we should be okay financially.

spurs3.jpg

Tottenham Hotspurs 2011/12--Money talks

With the club making huge leaps and bounds on the pitch it was decided we would take the club forward aswell with the chairman agreeing to plough some cash into the training ground and youth area and also suprisingly throwing in money to extend the capactiy at White Hart Lane to around the 55000 mark. It costing a few million to complete and part of the ground will be closed due to this but im sure the fans will understand that we need a stadium that can bring in the type of money Manchester United and Arsenals atract from just ticket money alone. so with the work now in place it was back to preparing for the new season while my players jetted off on extended holidays far away im sure. I told the players to stay out of the limelight as the worlds media will now be all over them and i didnt want anyone bringing the hard work weve placed into the club by acting stupid after one too many beers. I trust my players in that sense which allows me to move on and continue building for the new season as we look to defend our title.

Now before i move onto the usual pre season stuff and transfers half way through the 3rd season i was hit with this news that chairman Daniel Levy has stepped down from the club and director James Hamilton would be the new man to take up forward. To say this was totally unexpected is the truth as i was so busy in looking for new players and the general day to day running of the club i didnt even receive the message that MR Levy was standing down. Maybe if i searched my emails i could find something but to be honest i was even to busy to do that. Daniel Levy must be given huge credit for what hes acheived at the club and its a sad day that he has left for new pastures but we move on and i am called into a meeting with the new chairmen James Hamilton.

I didnt really know much about James Hamilton to be honest and didnt even know he was on the board as a director but he was and is now chairman of the club. We sat down and discussed possible investement into the club even though the transfer market had now closed. After a few hours of talks i was a bit disapointed when James told me No Investment would be necessary at this moment in time and for me to just continue my role as manager and leave him to the financial decisions. There was no talk about anybody replacing me as manager so i assume hes happy with what im doing at the club and well could you blame him. A month or two down the line i recieved a call from the chairman telling me he would be making an Investment into the club of around £11million to make sure we stay in the red.It came as a suprise but the transfer window was closed and we are already into the new season. But the intent is there and hopefully he continues ploughing money into the club.

spurs3.jpg

Tottenham Hotspurs 2011/12--Walking the mile

With my players now back in pre season training i agreed to let my assistant manager Brian Mclair who i signed from Manchester United take charge of my pre season freindlies and while the lads went on a tour of Portugal i was left behind to concentrate on adding new players to my squad.This would become a very busy summer for me and the club as we make our Transfers I met with daniel Levy who agreed to give me a whopping £61million if we could challenge the title. I agreed and knew we could put up a great fight and with that type of backing i could improve the squad with world class players. With the squad in Portugal i scoured through europe to find out what is going on with players and who i want to bring at this club. I was already happy with the players i had but some just dont seem to be keeping up with the progress the club is making. First i decided to look at who would be sold from the club. I finally decided to tell the the players who would be leaving that they would be on there way out some pleaded to stay and some didnt seem to bothered as they could probably pick up a better wage pakcet somewhere else. I spoke with the chairman and he told me he would tell fellow clubs who we made available and it was my decision that Kyle Naughton, Ledley King who never overcome his injury problems so i moved him on and to mainly get him off the wage bill. He and assou ekkotto moved to Spanish club Malaga while Peter Crouch who has fallen down the pecking order joined villareal on loan with a view to a permanant move. something i am hoping happens. My biggest and toughest decision to date was selling Tom Huddlestone who has been a fantastic player for me at the club but i felt his pace was a bit of a down side and with new and better players coming in it was only fair i allowed him to move to Napoli where i wish him the best. I raised around £25million through player sales.

Now onto the best bit. With Ledley King now gone i decided to go for another English talent in the form of Evertons Jack Rodwell. Like Martin O Neill with Milner Everton refused to play ball. I tried to unsettle him but the price wouldnt come down so we agreed on a huge fee of around £22million for the midfeilder. He will become an important part of my team and possibly a full England international also. he agreed a 5 year contract. i also decided to raid club Valencia who were now having problems financially and it could tell as star midfeilder David Silva was unhappy and wanting a new contract so i stepped in and offered the value he was worth and suprisingly they accepted and he was on his way to Spurs. A brilliant signing for me as David Silva agrees to sign. Maybe Valencia wanted him off the wage bill hence why there was no sign of a contract or maybe because David Villa was winning things with Barcelona i dont know but we signed him for half the price he usually goes for so Valencias loss is Spurs gain. While in spain i also had glwoing reports for Juan mata, Silvas team mate and a minimum fee of £22million i couldnt refuse as he is going to become a world class player so before they could snap him down on a long term contract. I stepped in and nabbed the boy for £22million. Another great bit of business for the club. And i still hadnt finished my shopping spree in Spain when i approached Cezar Azpilcueata who had a minimum fee of just under £10million and with Kyle Naughton leaving the club a new right back would be needed and a cheap one at that. I also signed two youth players one named Mancini who cost £3million and Welsh goalkeeper Robert Bradley. I spent a whopping £74million but i now feel i have a squad capable of challenging on all fronts including Europe aswell.

I also send out youngsters Marco Verratti, Harry Kane Lee White and Robert Bradley on loan to english clubs with the view of them gaining first team experience.

Tottenham Hotspurs 2011/12--Another one bites the dust

lge12.jpg

Once again we are champions for the second year running and once again weve demolished the competition with Man city trying to put up a fight. I feel we are very strong domestically so i will be taking a different approach next year and blood some youth prospects.We only lost 3 games all season which shows the strength i currently have in my squad.

sqaud12.jpg

Another great season by my squad with some great performances especially from Bassong, Mata and Jermain Defoe who scored goals for fun. We have the youngest squad in the whole league which shows this team can only get better. I may look to move a few players on and bring some youth up with corluka making noises about leaving and Defoe now approaching 30 years old.

Once again we reached theLeague Cup final and this time winning it beating Man City. We have now reached the last 4 league Cup finals winning 2 and losing 2 so a great acheivement so far. The FA Cup was a different matter as we went out in the 5th round against Chelsea. We had a tough run with Everton and Arsenal in the previous rounds who we knocked out. So with the domestic cups out the way we move onto the champions league.

cl12.jpg

In the Champions League i wanted to atleast reach the qaurter finals and that is as far as we went in the competition. We met Rubin, Ajax and the might of Barcelona in the group staged and we held our own in the group stage finishing 2nd behing Barcelona who just sneaked top place. We went into the 2nd round against Scottish Champions rangers and i knew we had a great chance in making it past the scottish giants as well scottish football is not exactly the greatest and they did well to reach this stage. We absoltutly blew them away with a huge 10-0 agg win against them. With confidence now high we were pitted against Juventus who beat us in the first leg 2-0. With us not getting the away goal i knew the return leg would be difficult. Defoe gave us some hope as scored before half time but the second goal just wouldnt come and we went out 2-1 on agg.

Next Season

A great season domestically and one step closer to winning the champions league. My success has now seen me move onto Spurs Favoured personel which is a nice touch and its not only spurs who recognise this aswell as i was approached by

utdq.jpg

It was a difficult decision to reject as Manchester United are my favoured club and with such a huge transfer budget i could hve built another winning team bt i am determined to stick with spurs and win that champions League. then who knows where i could end up.

Tottenham Hotspurs 2012/13-The Future

With success in the League coming straight forward i decided i would now cut down on the huge spending and start bringing some youth products through who i think will be the future of club. Leaving me to save some money in the transfer window aswell especially as we still have the debt of £51 million hanging over our heads.

Lee White--17 year old centre back who has the potential to be as good as sahko and if he reaches that potential then we have a world class defender on our books. A possible england international also. Still needs a bit of work but a loan spell to blackpool last season saw him have a feel for first team football. Cup games mostly will be his forte.

Marco Verratti--At 19 years old this guy is going to be special with great stats in the right areas. Will eventually replace Van Der Vaart who is now approaching 30 years old. A creative midfeilder who is a monster at set peices. Natural fitness and pace is my only worry.

Harry Kane--A youngster brought up from my youth squad and one with huge potential. He seemed to be setting my reserves alight so i sent him on loan to colchester where he scored a few goals. Will replace Defoe up front and try and use him as much as i can as i have big hopes for the youngster. A great first touch and dribbler and a possible England captian in the future. A bit on the slow side but his dribbling will compensate that.

Francesco Mancini--17 year old striker cost me £3million and has come on leaps and bounds since his arrival at the club. i will be looking to promote this guy straight away and possibly put him upfront with Kane in cup fixtures.

Looking very good for Spurs under your management, Harry Kane can become a beast I think there is a screenshot of him in my career thread he is awesome.

Good to see you staying loyal to Spurs and not leaving for Man Utd.

Archived