Tactical Help - Please!!!!!!!!!!!!

Having struggled with this part of the game for longer than i care to mention, I think i am finally going to have to admit that i am clueless as to how to fix my current tactical problem,

Dont get me wrong, this is not a dig at the game, and it is certainly not to say that i havent been succesful, but i can not for the life of me get my team to defend, other than in the manner of a sunday pub team who have just stumbled out of a Saturday night lock in and taken to the field.

My Team (Tottenham) have been fantastically succesful, we won the Premier League in the first season and the League Cup, We are currently sitting top of the League in Season 2 part way through January, and are again in the League cup Semi's so this is not about success,

My Issue is that i play a controlled, possession tactic that literally tries to pass the other team to death, we regualrly end up with 60 - 70% possession, create good chances and win many games,

My problem is that the opposition almost always score from there only chances at goal, and on the odd occasion they get anywhere near my goal we get ripped apart

As an example

Half time in my current game and the stats are as follows

Sunderland v's Tottenham

2 Shots 17

2 On Target 9

0 Off Target 6

0 Blocked Shots 2

1 Woodwork 0

2 Clear Cut Chances 3

0 Long Shots 6

43% Possesion 57%

The Score is 2 - 2

This is not an isolated incident, In the previous game i played Birmingham who i beat 7 - 2, they had only 8 shots 6 from long range, West ham also scored from their only non long range effort,

I have finally decided that i need to ask for some serious tactical assistance, Getting a team to attack, look good and score goals i can do, but i guess i am a bit of a numpty at shutting out the other teams.

I would be very grateful if you guys could take a look at this PKM and give me any hints tips etc to solve this problem

http://www.filefront.com/17173463/Typhon Redux - Starting Point.fm

This is the tactic i have been using, I dont think the one in the save game is correct as i had been testing and tweaking

- http://www.filefront.com/17173467/Titan Redux TC - Testing (Tottenham, Jan 2011).tac

So here is my Plea - HELP!!!

And if anyone wants any further info please just ask

There isnt really a certain "Type" of goal we are conceding, they seem to come from whatever attack the opposition have, some from crosses, quite a few from throughballs.

The main issue i have from watching back some of the games is coming up against inside forwards cutting in between my Full Back and Centre Back

There isnt really a certain "Type" of goal we are conceding, they seem to come from whatever attack the opposition have, some from crosses, quite a few from throughballs.

The main issue i have from watching back some of the games is coming up against inside forwards cutting in between my Full Back and Centre Back

You struggle versus inside forwards? You struggle from through balls? You struggle from crosses? Do you see a pattern here at all?

It is extremely clear to me here that you lack any defensively capable fullbacks who can keep up, close down and intercept passes to the inside forward/winger. It is also clear you need to use OI's on their key playmaker(s) to stop the through balls to the winger. Perhaps a DMC would be neccessary if they cut inside and you have only two centre-back's to deal with them who will be occupied with striker(s).

It is also very clear you struggle against pace so consider a deeper d-line or faster defenders.

To me, this seems like it could be more an issue with your players than with the tactic. Particularly your defense. As The Tactician says your fullbacks sound like they're having problems, but it could also be an issue with your GK or otehr defensive players. In general, when you're dominating games, a key stat for your defense is concetration. Low concentration means that, if they're not having to do a lot, they tend to "switch off" and not react when they need to.

To me, this seems like it could be more an issue with your players than with the tactic. Particularly your defense. As The Tactician says your fullbacks sound like they're having problems, but it could also be an issue with your GK or otehr defensive players. In general, when you're dominating games, a key stat for your defense is concetration. Low concentration means that, if they're not having to do a lot, they tend to "switch off" and not react when they need to.

You know what, you may well be onto something, this is a fairly new tactic i have been developing and i have never managed to dominate possesion so much before,

But when i come up against other "Strong" teams and the game is tighter i often keep clean sheets with a 1-0 or a 2-0 win,

My Current Back Four, with Concentration stat is

Corluka 14

Assou Ekotto 14

Fazio 18

Otamendi 17

So does seem as though the concentration of the full backs could be part of the issue

Archived