silly AI issues that need sorting for 2011

heres a weird one. i sent a senegal international home because he was homesick, and whilst he was away he complained about not being picked! you can please some of the people some of the time...

surely a mistake SI?

my other major gripe is that i got to the semi finals of the scottish FA cup as a 3rd division side and bravely went out 2-1 to dundee utd. yet my my fans and board were very disappointed at my exit and defeat! what a joke. they should have been thankful i even got there AND nearly beat a better team.

surely another mistake SI?

i think this needs to be improved. the fans nearly always complain if you lose. and also i have had the same problem with a player getting homesick then complaining hes not playing enough even though hes on leave. i dont think your the only person to complain about this. i think i have seen a few other threads like this as well.

• Administrators

Yeah that first one is a bug we're aware of but not the easiest to reproduce - it doesn't always happen when they are given a leave of absence.

Likewise with impressive cup runs - of course fans are going to be disappointed when a team is eliminated from a cup - I bet Fulham fans were disappointed they lost - but proud of the fact they got that far. I'd agree yeah a bit more depth and clarification could be beneficial. Cheers for bringing these up.

I know its totally different but i hate it when you have to announce say your champions league squad and you then sign a player after and he automatically hates you because you havent included him. i think that happened to me once but i cant rememeber. if it does happen how do you get round it.

I know its totally different but i hate it when you have to announce say your champions league squad and you then sign a player after and he automatically hates you because you havent included him. i think that happened to me once but i cant rememeber. if it does happen how do you get round it.

It happens, it happened to me when I signed ledley king for St Mirren, honestly, I just edited it away, I'm not a big fan of editing, but I do value FMRTE to correct bugs like that. I simply could not take that I'd signed this new player, he was way above my teams average quality, and although he'd signed for the club at the same time as the team was to be picked, he wasn't eligible to be picked, because there is a step between where you sign a player, and when they actually show up on your team, he was inbetween that. So he raged stupidly, I wasn going to let that just go.

It happens, it happened to me when I signed ledley king for St Mirren, honestly, I just edited it away, I'm not a big fan of editing, but I do value FMRTE to correct bugs like that. I simply could not take that I'd signed this new player, he was way above my teams average quality, and although he'd signed for the club at the same time as the team was to be picked, he wasn't eligible to be picked, because there is a step between where you sign a player, and when they actually show up on your team, he was inbetween that. So he raged stupidly, I wasn going to let that just go.

it doesnt, i think it could be helped. it only happens on that day. so i think if you are about to sign someone on the day of registering a squad, you should be able to confirm the transfer first.

I had the same thing with Celtic. Agreed to sign Reyes on the day the squad had to be named. So picked squad and signed Reyes. Cue histeria from Reyes because he wasn't in the squad even though he wasn't a Celtic player at the time. I signed him on a two year deal and had to sell him after a season as he wouldn't sign a new contract because he hated me so much. I was gutted because he was easily the best player in the league.

Archived