My regen: What PPMs would benefit this Wonderkid?

Real name Nick Gordon (who wouldn't give him this nickname) :p

gordon2.png

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Small Bio(more later on too)

This player was Irish and changed his nationality to English after a couple of months after signing him... and was then labelled the next Alan Shearer. I got him tutored by Robbie Keane when i first got him as i thought that would be ideal (because of nationality). He has now lost that label but is a wonderkid instead :D and the best bit is that.....!

I signed him for £150k! He looks amazing but i want him to be better...

Basically he doesn't have any PPMs at the moment and my staff have suggested telling him to try and beat the offside trap, but i'm considering leaving that till Defoe retires, as otherwise i'd have 2 strikers doing it and i don't think it would benefit the team. I've done a player search from his name and it only came up with Gilardino, who has the PPMs 'plays with back to goal' and 'beat the offside trap' but again i wanted to canvas opinion on what would be best!

Also do you know how i could make him train his left foot so he can become more complete? Or would that not be good? At the minute he usually plays on the right side of a 2 man Strike force, but does ocassionally play on the left hand side because i like to switch it up a bit in games sometimes.

So far in his 2 seasons he's had a role to play, but he didn't play every game last season because of an injury.

In his first season he made 26(10) apperances, 13 goals and 9 assists (av. rating of 7.25)

In his second season he made 22(10) appearances, 13 goals and 6 assists (a. rating of 7.15)

Any help would be appreciated!

with 19 anticipation and 20 off the ball, no wonder your coaches suggest he should learn to break the offside trap! and who says two strikers who both like to break the offide trap can't play together? it's not like they do this PPM and nothing else.

He's quick and has great anticipation, but he also has other attributes such as strength, heading, teamwork, which make me think he should be more involved with play.

I'd certainly go for "plays with back to goal".

He's got good technique, passing, composure. I'd also go for "places shots", especially as he doesn't have much flair and is less likely to score spectacular goals.

I'll go with moves into channels for now... hopefully he's successful. What about improving his left foot? possible/advisable?

Play him on the left side would help him improve his left foot.

Anyway if possible you should find a proffesional older player with high determination to tutor him, as he could be a bit more determined.

He's continued to get better and i've just got him to learn moves into channels.... now i wanted to get him tutored by Gignac(who i signed at roughly the same time i told him to move into channels) to improve his determination but for some reason its only letting me train him by my other player Kalinic but i don't want him to be trained by him :(

And i also as an alternative can't teach him a different move yet... anyone know how long it takes for him to be willing to learn a new PPM...

And also why i can only get him tutored by 1 of my strikers not the rest?

• 2 weeks later...

Just thought i'd post an update on him... He's still improving but its starting to slow a bit... Do you know when abouts they stop being able to gain attributes? I guess it also depends on how much PA he has left to use(which i don't know and never want to know)

As you can see he's since learned to beat the off-side trap and to move into channels... my coaches have now suggested tries first time shots so i thought i'd give that a go too! Unfortunately i couldn't get him tutored again to improve his determination but oh well :( its not that bad. He's now my captain lol :D

Only problem is that his left foot is still rubbish :(.

gordon3.png

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Archived