[FM10] A year in Portugal, and then the world tour begins..

Mnchster67

Football Manager 2010; Medium Database; Version 10.3; No edits

Loaded Leagues:

Australia - A-League

Belgium - Third Division and above

Croatia - Second Division and above

England - Conference North/South and above

France - CFA and above

Germany - Regional and above

Holland - Jupiler League and above

Indonesia - First Division and above

Italy - Serie C2 and above

Northern Ireland - Second Division and above

Portugal - Second Division and above

Scotland - Third Division and above

Spain - Second Division B and above

Ukraine - First League and above

3621_logo_paredes.gif

2009-10 ~ Paredes; Portuguese Second Division North - October 2009 update

League ~ After only four games, we are currently bottom (out of 15 teams). This is because my squad was incredibly thin when I joined and had to make a few signings to make up for it, but it is still isn't sufficient. It may also do with the fact that I rested some of my key players for the Portuguese Cup (which you can see below) which has slightly hindered our form.

Portuguese Cup ~ The Portuguese Cup started at the end of August and we started with a resounding 3-0 victory over non-league side Mirandense at home. The draw paired us with another non-league side, this time away to Sporting Club Lamego. Pre-match analysis put the hosts as favourites but an 11th minute goal from striker Quim was enough to see us through. The third round draw gave us a glamour tie with last season's Liga Sagres champions Porto. The tie saw us go 1-0 down within 20 seconds and 3-0 down by half-time. But, we held them to a 0-0 draw in the second half and I was only happy to come away with a 3-0 defeat.

Finances ~ We were £85,000 in debt and it didn't help my maximum wage limit I could offer was £90 a week. However, the Portuguese Cup tie against Porto brought in £180,000 which should help in the long-term.

Star Players ~ In a so far disappointing season, I think my star performer so far is my defender Ibrahim Koroma who is also a Sierra Leone international. He's been a rock in defence but we'll see if he starts keeping clean sheets soon.

Transfers ~ I had a pretty quiet transfer window as some of my targets went to other clubs at the same level. Although, André Maia has been very good since he's joined and Francis Koumba is a short-term measure as both my left-sided midfielders have suffered long-term injuries.

Archived