Player Roles = preset Player Instructions?

Hi,

I just want to make sure I got this right. Do player roles mean preset player instructions?

For for example a Poacher and a Deep-Lying Forward. When I switch between the roles, so do the player instructions.

If I set the role as Deep-Lying Forward but I change the player instructions manually to the same as as a Poacher, the player will play as if he's a poacher right? Regardless of the role?

Also notice that ecen if having tweaked all his setttings, the change of roles might effect the mentaliety of the other players.

Example: If using a complete Fc as your singel FC and you change his role to a Trequartista, then the mentality of the "untweaked" other players raises

There are some people who think that player roles do some behind-the-scenes changing to the way a player plays.

Personally I think it just sets up the instructions, but just know that the other opinion is out there.

I have a tendency to override all of the instructions to make sure my players are doing exactly what they're most suited for, and that my team is well balanced and utilizing the spaces I want them to.

edit: I just want to say that the TC seems to be kind of the middle-child between the old system and what COULD be a very useful new system. Right now it is very frustrating to use as far as shouts, team instructions, and tweaking goes.

I plan on playing Valencia with 4-1-2-1-1 with Villa as lone striker. What role would he suit best?

First of all, I'd play an 11 man formation ;)

At first I thought you're looking at the popular 4-1-2-1-2, but since you're asking about lone striker, I'm assuming you're talking about 4-1-2-2-1? If I understand correctly, is that the one with 1 DMC, 2 MCs, 2 winger AMs, and one ST?

Personally, I would set him to play as complete striker support, and set him as the target man, and feed the ball to his feet.

Archived