The British Isles Challenge

So was thinking about this challenge for ages, if it has been done before then my apologies!

There are 14 main playable leagues in the British Isles in FM world. The are:

English Premiership

English Championship

English League 1

English League 2

Scottish Premier League

Scottish Division 1

Scottish Division 2

Scottish Division 3

Irish Premier Division

Irish First Division

Northern Irish Premier Division

Northern Irish First Division

Northern Irish Second Division

Welsh Principality Premier

The challenge is to win all 14. But as ever, some rules!

• You cannot start in England
  • You may start in any other country, but must start in the bottom league of your country of choice
  • When choosing your team, you can pick any team whose predicted position is in the bottom half of the bottom league (added to give a bit variation)
  • You can win the leagues in any order. You can choose to win all 3/4 in one country with the same team, or hop teams as many times as you like
  • Playable leagues must only be those listed above
  • Standard 10.3 database with large database is allowed (can use smaller if needed for slower comps)
  • Attribute masking enabled
  • Starting experience as "Sunday League Footballer" or "Automatic"
  • No use of 3rd party editors or utilities.

So there we are, this could be a complete waste of time but i quite like the idea of a long term challenge moving around a bit. Although its 14 leagues it runs fine on my laptop with large database, and my laptop is nothign special in Spec terms.

Enjoy i guess!

What happened to the BSP/BSN/BSS??????????

Meant to add a bit, did not include them mainly to keep the number of leagues down for those on non powerful machines.

Also, since they aint part of the football league............. :p

I was basing the challenge on only using the leagues described in the OP, but it doesnt seem to generate much interest so i guess if you wanna try it with a few more leagues loaded no harm!

I am having good fun giving it a trial run, won the welsh league in first year with Welshpool, then immediately resigned assuming i would easily get a job in the lower leagues in scotland/ireland/NI.......only to have to wait until Feb the nexy year before finally getting a job!

Just won the NI first division with Loughgall, now to decide whether to stay with them and try and win the NI Premier, or try for a job in scotland or ROI!

The idea was you can move to any team at any time, you have to win all leagues (not just the top ones) so at some time your giong to need to be in league 2 anyway. Up to you how you do it.

Clearly not a popular challenge!

So far ive won the welsh league and Northern Irish first and prem, now just taken over darlington for a season in league 2

Shame this still didnt catch on, i am having a great time continuing to plod along with it

Have now won

Welsh Premier - Season 1 with Welshpool

Northern Ireland first division - Season 2 with Loughall

Norther Ireland Premier Division - Season 3 with Loughall

English League 2 - Season 4 with Darlington

Having won league two, i decided to move countries again, off to East Fife, just relegated to Scottish Division 3. Should be fun!

Nah i dont think so, it is designed for fun mor than as a true contest.

Ang given that you would only be the third person willing to give it a try, shouldnt make much of a difference!

I am well on my way to my 5th league victory with East Fife, been a interesting season, poor start but with 5 games to go i am a point clear and on a great run.

• 1 month later...

Went back to this after a few weeks messing around on other saves as it is quite addictive. The deeper into the game you get the harder it can be to get a job in the correct league (e.g. one you have not yet won!)

My Leagues won so far:

Welsh Premier - Season 1 with Welshpool

Northern Ireland first division - Season 2 with Loughall

Norther Ireland Premier Division - Season 3 with Loughall

English League 2 - Season 4 with Darlington

Scots Div 3 - Season 5 with East Fife

Irish First Division - Season 6 with Dundalk

Irish Prem Division - Season 7 with Dundalk

English Championship - Season 9 with Peterborough

Now in season 11 with St Johnstone (spent most of season 10 unemployed) and looking good to win Scots Div 1. Next up i need to get either Scots Div 2 or NI Div 2,

Archived