Font size

Baby BooBoo

Hi guys, please excuse this rather dumb question but have only had FM10 for 4 weeks and only just had my new laptop delivered today, but have found that the default skins have incredibly small font sizes for text - I can barely read them sitting an arm's length away. I have tried adjusting the size if text in Windows but that doesn't help, and can't work out how to change it in the 'Preferences'. Can someone tell me what I can do to manually alter this, or do I download one of the skins with larger fonts ?

Thanks !

• 1 year later...

He never did get any help and SI never fixed the problem. It's beyond belief that I have to spend hours searching the internet for a way to be able to actually see the game. A quick search on this forum leads to many threads started over many years asking the exact same question.

How hard is it to make your game easy to read? Totally and utterly pathetic job by SI.

I totally agree with darkfng. I can't understand why it is so hard to make skin/option that would allow people enjoy the game that they paid for. I have full HD resolution on my laptop and I have to lower the resolution to play the game (because there is no other solution).

I totally agree with darkfng. I can't understand why it is so hard to make skin/option that would allow people enjoy the game that they paid for. I have full HD resolution on my laptop and I have to lower the resolution to play the game (because there is no other solution).

Of course there's a solution, you just need to edit the font size in the skin, it's very simple.

As White Flag says, you can increase your font size in your skin, or use a skin that already has a largish font set.

I'm using an all upper case font which makes things much easier to see.

font2e.jpg

fontp.jpg

The skin I'm using can be found here... http://www.mediafire.com/?ci720e9e2dfcapz

Or if you want to increase the size of the fonts in your own skin you need to edit the settings .xml file in your current skins folder.

Just to clarify, the part of the settings.xml to edit is this:

<!-- text settings that vary from the defaults -->

<flags id="text_font" value="fonts/helveticaneueots" />

<integer id="text_size_small" value="9.5" />

<integer id="text_size_normal" value="9.5" />

<integer id="text_size_large" value="11" />

<flags id="hint_font" value="fonts/helveticaneueots" />

<integer id="hint_size" value="9.5"/>

<flags id="control_font" value="fonts/helveticaneueots" />

<integer id="control_size_normal" value="9.5"/>

<flags id="menu_font" value="fonts/helveticaneueots" />

<integer id="menu_size_small" value="9.5"/>

<integer id="menu_size_normal" value="9.5"/>

<integer id="menu_size_large" value="11"/>

<flags id="title_font" value="fonts/helveticaneueots" />

<integer id="title_size_large" value="16"/>

<integer id="title_size_normal" value="14"/>

<integer id="title_size_small" value="11"/>

<integer id="title_style" value="semi_bold"/>

<flags id="html_font" value="fonts/helveticaneueots" />

<flags id="pitch_font" value="fonts/helveticaneueots" />

<flags id="duty_font" value="fonts/helveticaneueots" />

These are the settings I use for a 1280x1920 resolution on an 18 inch laptop. Just play around with the numbers.

Archived