[10.3] 4-2-3-1 Special OneTop 2.0 Classic /best

ive been trying this tac again with villa. i got hammered 8-2 in my last game by bolton!

bolton had 22 shots, while i had 9. also, they had alot more possesion, i had many yellow cards, players got knackered and few other problems along the way.

ive selected almost same players in the same position. only diff if im playing cassano instead of rekelme.

this tac just isnt working for me, even when same villa players are picked.

any tips/advice/suggestions would be awesome!

kinda annoying seeing others say this tac is nice while i cant get it to work. even more so when you show tac works with aston villa

• Replies 344
  • Created
  • Last Reply
This tactic is incredible, For such an attacking attack it's so good at the back, Proberly even better than my tactics.

Wow if Mr Hough thinks its good than it must be good. Also does anyone know what attributes r needed for each position please:)

For everyone who tries this tactic shoold take care that you need a sweeper keeper (hilighted attributes when u choose sweeper keeper in TC), if u don't u r in trouble...and please for everyone who sends results please make clear if u r using the original or the tweaked tactic of mosiclover.

Original Tactic (CHAN):

Pld:38

Won: 23

Drn: 5

Lst: 10

Fr: 69

Ag: 40

Pos: 3rd

Top League Goalscorers: Torres 27, Gerrard 17, Cole 7

Tweaked Tactic (MOSICLOVER):

Drn: 10

Lst: 5

Fr: 75

Ag: 29

Top League Goalscorers: Torres 20, Gerrard 16, Cole 9

Conclusion

The tweaked tactic seemed to turn half of those losses into draws, but they were still against teams that Liverpool should be beating. The tweaked tactic brought a greater share of goals, but Torres was much better in the original tactic with 47 goal in all competitions. Defensively the team was much stronger.

The tweaked tactic is slightly better than the original in my opinion. Injuries prevented the tweaked statistics from being greater.

Original Tactic (CHAN):

Drn: 5

Lst: 10

Fr: 69

Ag: 40

Top League Goalscorers: Torres 27, Gerrard 17, Cole 7

Tweaked Tactic (MOSICLOVER):

Drn: 10

Lst: 5

Fr: 75

Ag: 29

Top League Goalscorers: Torres 20, Gerrard 16, Cole 9

Conclusion

The tweaked tactic seemed to turn half of those losses into draws, but they were still against teams that Liverpool should be beating. The tweaked tactic brought a greater share of goals, but Torres was much better in the original tactic with 47 goal in all competitions. Defensively the team was much stronger.

The tweaked tactic is slightly better than the original in my opinion. Injuries prevented the tweaked statistics from being greater.

Yes, the weak point of this tactic is the overload attack, your players are easily exhausted. you must have a squad depth.

Personally, Torres move too much to channels. Another type of striker may be better, for example: Aguero :D

Did you try DC man marking instead of zonal marking?

http://tinypic.com/r/1051xlw/4

Very good results but i haven't been really tested yet by a big team and when i came up agasint a semi-good team (spurs) i was unlucky to draw as their GK was just amazing.

Only problem i find is that their is a very high defensive line and fast players exploit it. When ever i play Insua he seems to be caught out which was done 3 times by fulham and done numerous times against the lower teams who counter attack.

Other than that an amazing tactic. Brilliant idea to have 3 swapping AMCS

Decided to try this tactic out for a season or two since Mr.Hough's comments generally say it's a good tactic.

David Villa Best 11

Two season test with David Villa as the target man

50 Goals in a single season for David Villa

Central midfielder Lorik Cana's assists for the season

Attacking midfielder central, matias fernandez assists & goals

Average back 4 rating

Everybody knows this tactic is probably the best for scoring goals in every match and i can understand how people have been having trouble conceeding goals aswell but i cant say i've had that problem, for this tactic you'll need defender with good decison making & quite a fast pace since the tactic tends to have the back four pushing up aswell as playing offside SO if you make some improvements to your back four then no doubt about it this will be the best tactic in FM10 for you.

Also ive been impressed with how the central midfielders chip in with there assists aswell as the attacking midfielders goals & assists, really do complement the tactic well since it's a lone target man upfront BUT half decent striker and you've cracked it.... Villa's still banging 30/40+ a season in and he's now 34..... incredible.

The one significant defensive drawback is, in my opinion, that this tactic leaves a huge gap between the defensive line and the miedfield. I beliebe that the very attacking mentalities of the defenders coupled with the high defensive line and the low mentalities of the MCs are a step towards fixing this, but I am not sure it is enough. I might try one MC in the DM position or perhaps both of them, it might help retaining possesion, preventing counters and covering oposition players that play in the hole (I conceded lots of goals from through balls because the DCs get drawn out of position very often). Also, playing one of the MCs as DM and increasing his passing range slightly will give you better passing options and will create more space int he opposition half.

My final review on this tactic

Things started quite well with a impressive win over wigan which ended 8-0 and then things faltered. The mistakes of the tactics were shown. The Defense far too up and any width by the opposite team can cripple the team as the fullbacks would be left alone. yet the sheer brilliance of this tactic is the attacking side. The 3 amcs who swap rip most defenses apart while the striker is perfectly set up.

I can talk about this tactic for a very long time but why talk when i can prove how great this tactic is.

30ucknd.jpg

2q34sx2.jpg

Other notable stats

Gerrard scored 40 times.

David n'gog scored 22 times

Joe cole 21 times

Lucas assited 27 times

masch assited 24 times

It was brilliant but i found the key to this tactic was rotation. Torres was normally subbed off at the 60th minute to make sure he didn't get injured.

I'm off to make a tactic by myself that has some key things from here :) Thanks for an amazing tactic.

From the top of my head: mentality changes (all across the board), pulled def. line a litlle back, also one of CM-s is now DMC (mentality vise) and i changed

closing down for most of the team.

could you post it please? I'm about to start a new season so I would like to try it from the very start :p

@nzgangster - If you are having trouble with opposition fulbacks I would suggest making a fm'10 version of the tactic and setting the right and left amc to close down the fullbacks. Also, set your pitch to minimum, long pitches will make the defense/miedfield gap even bigger and wide pitches will give you trouble with, well, width. Personaly, since I tried this in the Seria A where lots of teams use narrow, wingerless formations, I didn't have much trouble with wide play from the opposition.

@makmak - I am not sure that setting the defenders on more defensive mentalities is a good idea idea, it simply leaves more space between your defensive line and the miedfield. I did run a few games with your version and honestly it just didn't work as well. Perhaps I will try to start with a fresh team and try it out properly, but to be honest I am not entirely convinced by some of your tweaks. I liked what you did with the MC mentality though.

Generaly, after testing this a while I have to say this is a brilliant tactic, the best I have ever downloaded in fm'10. But you need to invest in quality DCs with the proper stats to make it work. For me, it also tends to work a lot better in leagues and not that well in knock out competitions.

Well generally this was meant to be played with high def. line, so difference in mentality shouldnt be an issue. I didnt go overboard with attack or defensive line.

Anyway it works for me, true i played with 2 good teams, so maybe thats the reason for 2 best defences. But since this tactic is so lethal, its logical one would

expect more goals in his own net than usual. With my teams i ended season with just above 20 conseded goals in the league which for me, is good.

@nzgangster - If you are having trouble with opposition fulbacks I would suggest making a fm'10 version of the tactic and setting the right and left amc to close down the fullbacks. Also, set your pitch to minimum, long pitches will make the defense/miedfield gap even bigger and wide pitches will give you trouble with, well, width. Personaly, since I tried this in the Seria A where lots of teams use narrow, wingerless formations, I didn't have much trouble with wide play from the opposition.

@makmak - I am not sure that setting the defenders on more defensive mentalities is a good idea idea, it simply leaves more space between your defensive line and the miedfield. I did run a few games with your version and honestly it just didn't work as well. Perhaps I will try to start with a fresh team and try it out properly, but to be honest I am not entirely convinced by some of your tweaks. I liked what you did with the MC mentality though.

Generaly, after testing this a while I have to say this is a brilliant tactic, the best I have ever downloaded in fm'10. But you need to invest in quality DCs with the proper stats to make it work. For me, it also tends to work a lot better in leagues and not that well in knock out competitions.

Pitch was already set to narrow :) but i haven't though of closing down on the AMCS. It's a good idea. Thanks :) Also wilson is a brillant DC for this tactic.

Almost too good !! The defense is not bad at all, and the attack... Gignac scored more than 70 goals in about 45 games.

I also tried goalstorm tatic, it's night and day. This one is far far far better than goalstorm. Best tactic so far for me.

First season with Olympique de Marseille in french ligue 1 :

-won the league 6 games before the end (best attack, best defense)

-won the french cup

-unlucky defeat 2-1 against Barcelona in champions league final (easy wins against juventus, porto, tottenham, liverpool, i only struggled against chelsea and their 442 narrow diamond)

I only signed french players (moussa sissoko, gignac, rami, matuidi, feghouli, damien le tallec...) so not the best players in the world...

For the pitch, you dont have the choice in France, it's sandard pitch size.

I used the original tactic (see 1st post), no tweaks, no OI, a bad corner routine that score very few goals, Bubba team talks, set no target man or playmaker.

I have large doubts it could work, as Wingers are "****" in FM10 :D

Hehe yeah, but I have managed to make a few tactics that is working with wingers - in Football Manager Live I am having huge success with FR - FC - FL - so i`d love to try that with this tactic!

Hehe yeah, but I have managed to make a few tactics that is working with wingers - in Football Manager Live I am having huge success with FR - FC - FL - so i`d love to try that with this tactic!

Hmmm, well FR/FL are different to AMR/L or MR/L, unfortunatly :(

Is their any way to move AMRC and AMLC can be moved to AMR/L? or deos that destroy the whole concept? :(

It probably won't work as well, and in any case if you do try that you will probably have to adjust width a bit at the very least. One of the keys to this tactic is that the three AMCs are constantly dropping into spaces where neither the DCs or the fullbacks can cover them without getting dragged out of position, leaving spaces for your striker to exploit. By using wingers you essentially make it easier for the fullbacks to cover the right/left winger and the DM to take care of the AMC.

The more I play with this formation the more I realise how refined and well tuned each instruction is. At the moment, the only things I am experimenting with are the MC mentalities (not 100% sure they should have the same mentality) and the full back instructions. The corner routine can be improved obviously, personaly I just use one of my old routines but Mr Hough's also works perfectly well.

It probably won't work as well, and in any case if you do try that you will probably have to adjust width a bit at the very least. One of the keys to this tactic is that the three AMCs are constantly dropping into spaces where neither the DCs or the fullbacks can cover them without getting dragged out of position, leaving spaces for your striker to exploit. By using wingers you essentially make it easier for the fullbacks to cover the right/left winger and the DM to take care of the AMC.

The more I play with this formation the more I realise how refined and well tuned each instruction is. At the moment, the only things I am experimenting with are the MC mentalities (not 100% sure they should have the same mentality) and the full back instructions. The corner routine can be improved obviously, personaly I just use one of my old routines but Mr Hough's also works perfectly well.

The thing is I had a save with Mr Hough's tactics, and it was great. Yet, I hate the fact that I can't use or buy wingers! I really wanted to buy Barcelona's Pedro for Chelsea but I couldn't. Yes, I know you can re-train them, but that just isn't fun! I'm close to crying! :( Ergh!!!

For me, the key attributes for the AMCs in this tactic are creativity and passing, and I also try to get as high values as I can in Off The Ball and Anticipation. The reason for this is simple: your AMCs position themselves between the oposition defensive line and midfield. This will cause the defenders to be drawn out of position, leaving holes that can be exploited by the ST or other AMCs. So, your AMCs don't usually need to outrun or dribble opposition players, they only have to pass the ball to the the player that exploits the gap in the defense, or move into said spaces themselves if someone else has the ball.

When using wingers, the oposition fullbacks can cover them much better. Thus, you need players with high values in dribling, flair, pace, agility etc, so that they can beat the opposition fullbacks one on one. Pedro is such a player. I honestly think you can find players that fit this system much better than Pedro does, for considerably less money. If you absolutely have to get Pedro, I suggest training him in the ST position, he has better stats for that position than for the AMC position. (tip: when your have fast strikers with low finishing/composure but good flair/dribbling/agility always train them to go round the keeper when one on one, it will work wonders for their goalscoring record)

Archived