[10.3] 4-2-3-1 Special OneTop 2.0 Classic /best

For me, the key attributes for the AMCs in this tactic are creativity and passing, and I also try to get as high values as I can in Off The Ball and Anticipation. The reason for this is simple: your AMCs position themselves between the oposition defensive line and midfield. This will cause the defenders to be drawn out of position, leaving holes that can be exploited by the ST or other AMCs. So, your AMCs don't usually need to outrun or dribble opposition players, they only have to pass the ball to the the player that exploits the gap in the defense, or move into said spaces themselves if someone else has the ball.

When using wingers, the oposition fullbacks can cover them much better. Thus, you need players with high values in dribling, flair, pace, agility etc, so that they can beat the opposition fullbacks one on one. Pedro is such a player. I honestly think you can find players that fit this system much better than Pedro does, for considerably less money. If you absolutely have to get Pedro, I suggest training him in the ST position, he has better stats for that position than for the AMC position. (tip: when your have fast strikers with low finishing/composure but good flair/dribbling/agility always train them to go round the keeper when one on one, it will work wonders for their goalscoring record)

Surely using AMR/L instead of AMCs can work, as long as they have Roam From Postion ticked? and Wideplay (Move Into Channels)?

• Replies 344
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I am looking forward to your results if you do try with wingers, I really dislike the fact that they don;t work too well in fm10. The reason, again, I think that it might not work as well is that if you have 3 AMCs, there is no "natural" cover for the left and right AMC unless your opponent has 3 DMCs (wich never happens). If you play wingers, the natural players to mark them are the fullbacks.

One last thing, if you do try with wingers, I would advise against giving them Move Into Channels or any such instructions if you are managing a good team. Move into channels will cause them to constantly try and break the offside trap, playing on the shoulder of the fullback all the time, wich will make them much less involved in the build up play. There are similar drawbacks from Cut Inside and Hug Touchline. In my opinion, the best way to set up wingers for top teams is to rely on their creativity and decision making, and let them decide how to play instead of having them do just one specific thing all the time. They will be less predictable and better involved in the game that way.There is a good example of this in one of MR Hough's more recent tactics, the way he set up the left and right strikers in a 4-1-2-3.

(This, of course, depends a lot on the quality and type of wingers you have. For example, if you have a guy that can only run in a straight line and cross the ball, the optimal way to use him is of course to have him hug the line. Or, if you use a left footed player as AMR there is no sense in him huging the line at all. It all comes down to what you want to achive and what type of players you have)

I am looking forward to your results if you do try with wingers, I really dislike the fact that they don;t work too well in fm10. The reason, again, I think that it might not work as well is that if you have 3 AMCs, there is no "natural" cover for the left and right AMC unless your opponent has 3 DMCs (wich never happens). If you play wingers, the natural players to mark them are the fullbacks.

One last thing, if you do try with wingers, I would advise against giving them Move Into Channels or any such instructions if you are managing a good team. Move into channels will cause them to constantly try and break the offside trap, playing on the shoulder of the fullback all the time, wich will make them much less involved in the build up play. There are similar drawbacks from Cut Inside and Hug Touchline. In my opinion, the best way to set up wingers for top teams is to rely on their creativity and decision making, and let them decide how to play instead of having them do just one specific thing all the time. They will be less predictable and better involved in the game that way.There is a good example of this in one of MR Hough's more recent tactics, the way he set up the left and right strikers in a 4-1-2-3.

(This, of course, depends a lot on the quality and type of wingers you have. For example, if you have a guy that can only run in a straight line and cross the ball, the optimal way to use him is of course to have him hug the line. Or, if you use a left footed player as AMR there is no sense in him huging the line at all. It all comes down to what you want to achive and what type of players you have)

Unfortunatly, tactics and FM10 don't bond for me. I could do it in FM09, but I hate narrow formtions, therefore whenever I try and build a tactic it always invovles wingers. Always fail. Maybe the maker of this tactic could do a second version? :D

I've tweaked this tactic, change some settings, and in my Mancity game, defense is a lot better while attack is still good as before. Please see the tweaked tactic, try and give your comments:

http://www.mediafire.com/?ewvv59gs20tmkuk

Personally, I don't use Target man, I let it sticked but do not assign anyone!!

The result is very impressive!!! :D

Going to give this a whirl with Saint Eitienne. I tried it with Hull for 5 games to see if it was any good. Played 5 Won 2 Drawn 1 Lost 2. Which is great. The Draw was to Villa, and we owned them, shouldn't of lost. Any OIs you reccomend? Maybe Show onto Weaker foot for Wingers/Fullbacks?

Aguero scored 14 in 5 games :D plus 2 assists

Gourcuff 5 games 3 goals 10 assists

Played 5 games (home: Karlshure - Werder away: Köln - Kaiserslautern and Super Cup final against Bayern) so far each game i scored 6 goals :D

1 word Incredibile :)

I've used it for 1 season with Barcelona

Villa : http://i34.tinypic.com/2vuneo6.jpg

Messi : http://i37.tinypic.com/2n1xet2.jpg

Championship table : http://i33.tinypic.com/rjfeav.jpg

I had an average of 4.5 goals/ match incredible :) and just 0.5 goals/ match... you must have strong fast and mobile centerbacks so that they can resist on a opp conter atack

1 word Incredibile :)

I've used it for 1 season with Barcelona

Villa : http://i34.tinypic.com/2vuneo6.jpg

Messi : http://i37.tinypic.com/2n1xet2.jpg

Championship table : http://i33.tinypic.com/rjfeav.jpg

I had an average of 4.5 goals/ match incredible :) and just 0.5 goals/ match... you must have strong fast and mobile centerbacks so that they can resist on a opp conter atack

your Villa :eek:

did you put Villa in if you tragetman

sorry my english is bad

Guys..

This tactics is amazing... My Wayne Rooney scored 50 goals from 32 appearance... 24 games in the league and scored 39 goals.. Too bad that he got injured on February for 4 months.. I believe he can score 20 more goals..

I changed the instruction a little bit.. Supply for the target man, instead of run on to ball to pass to feet. Good for fast striker with good dribble like him. Now I put Giuseppe Rossi on top.. From 5 games, he scored 11 goals !!

I used my own adaptation of this tactic, tweaked to fit my team.

It produced my highest scoring striker in any version of CM/FM and I've been playing since the Commadore Amiga days:

felipe.png

No corner cheat:

cornerc.png

Unless you have a world class team you will let in bucket loads of goals. I scored 132 but let in 42!

goalstable.png

what tweaks you done. up load them please

Well, if you look how high the defensive line is (and it needs to be), you imediately know that there is no point in even trying it without fast defenders with decent anticipation and positioning. No tactic can work if you don't have the proper players for it. The defensive setup is fine really, in fact it is not just fine, it is amazingly well tuned. You just don't have the poper players.

This tactic is rather same my formation.I think the leaky defence is that have only 6 man take part in defence.If the opposite play overload with 6-7 player,your team will be cracked.I did some tweak,but 3AMC still don't move down.THus I think if use this tactic,you should recommend AMC learn:come deep to get ball.It will be useful.Beside,FB shouldn'thave PPM:get forward whenever possible.

I have found that too Corkey. The attack is nice, but the defence is extremely weak - I have conceded 44 in 22 in the league so far!

I am going to try to get some quicker defenders to see if it can help to stop me getting caught on the counter, but if that doesn't work I'm probably gonna have to call it a day with this tactic I'm afraid. I'm doing pretty well in the league, but I just can't bear to concede so many goals!

I would try to have at least one guy with 16+ pace and acceleration, the other one could perhaps have 14-15 but only if he has excellent mentals (15-16+ positioning and anticipation). If you're looking to buy cheap I'd recommend Nelson Rivas and Antony Annan (can be trained to play as DC and he has amazing stats for that position, he might give away the ocassional penalty but it's worth it imo). Regardless, you have to accept the fact that even with the proper players you will concede. From my personal experience, I've been trying to tweak this since it first came out but it just isn't the same, I believe it is better to just accept the fact that it is a very offensive tactic that looks to outscore the opponent and really does what it is supposed to do. There is no other tactic I have seen with a better offense. And generally speaking, in FM10 the most succesfull formations tend to be agressive ones.

Also, whenever you have some spare cash, invest in a really good sweeper keeper, it will make a difference.

I would try to have at least one guy with 16+ pace and acceleration, the other one could perhaps have 14-15 but only if he has excellent mentals (15-16+ positioning and anticipation). If you're looking to buy cheap I'd recommend Nelson Rivas and Antony Annan (can be trained to play as DC and he has amazing stats for that position, he might give away the ocassional penalty but it's worth it imo). Regardless, you have to accept the fact that even with the proper players you will concede. From my personal experience, I've been trying to tweak this since it first came out but it just isn't the same, I believe it is better to just accept the fact that it is a very offensive tactic that looks to outscore the opponent and really does what it is supposed to do. There is no other tactic I have seen with a better offense. And generally speaking, in FM10 the most succesfull formations tend to be agressive ones.

Also, whenever you have some spare cash, invest in a really good sweeper keeper, it will make a difference.

I am still really unsure of this tactic. I'm Saint Etienne. I have scored the most goals in the league, but have conceeded quite a few. I'm 15th in goals against. I find that the oppostion catch out your high line to often if im honest. Also most of the opponenets chances are very easy chances and normalley have a 70% convert rate :(.

My center-backs are: Bayal, Diakate, Jorgenson, N'Daw. Yes they aren't fast, but they are good players. All the goals I conceed are by balls over the top... I know why it's happening, and I know you outscore the opponents. Yet surely they're is a way to restrict this? Tight Mark the strikers?

5 games with St Pauli in Bundesliga 2. Won 4 Draw 1 Lost 0. In those 5 games I'm +9 in goals with a very average team. I only have 5 players valued over $1M and none over $2M. I can see me giving up a few goals, but I've had 2 different strikers (Hennings and Kanu) both score hat tricks.

I guess my point is it can work with a mid-range team.

Hi all, for me this tactic has been very successful as Hercules in the Spanish 2nd Division. I am anticipating promotion to la Liga, and as such am not too sure about continuing with this tactic. Hopefully i'll be able to strenghten a fair bit, but i feel this tactic (especially away) might lead to heavy defeats against bigger teams.

Anyone had any experience of taking a team up through promotions with this tactic? Or should i make a version of the tactic that is more conservative? I think this could be difficult as it's so attacking....!

Or any other 4231 tactics known that are more conservative for a small team in La Liga?

Thanks, any advice appreciated!

Archived