Need help setting up an AMC and 2 striker pairing please

Hi.

I never ask for help in this forum but I'm currently really struggling to get my tactic working properly, going forwards at least, and just wanted to ask for some help.

I am trying to get a front 3 setup going with an AMC and 2 strikers.

The players are:

AMC - Guti

ST1 - Romelu Lukaku

ST2 - Pablo Mouche

What I've been trying to set up is a system where Mouche plays a supporting role with Lukaku being the main frontman who gets the majority of the chances, with Guti acting as a link between the central midfielders and front pair.

The tactic I use is a 4-1-2-1-2 without any wide players at all.

So, if anybody can give me some good ideas or setups to try I would be very grateful.

Thanks.

I was using a narrow 4-3-1-2 before, which is slightly different to a 4-1-2-1-2 I guess, with Inter, and I varied what I did with Sneijder, Eto'o, and one of Milito, Balotelli and Pandev. I've found that it might be worth it to experiment with some of these things:

1. I personally pushed Sneijder way up so he would play just behind the attackers, but for Guti I would try what I did with Riquelme, and that was to pull him back closer to the midfield as a advanced playmaker in support role to give him more time to work.

2. I found that giving your support striker an instruction to cross often will help with getting the ball into the box and getting space for your other striker, because the support striker will pull wide and give width.

3. Also, you may want to try using wingbacks, at least on one side (opposite to the striker that crosses often if possible)

mind you, these settings didn't give my team a super scoring rate, but it did improve the consistency of the team in terms of scoring in every game. It was nice knowing that I probably will score.

I was using a narrow 4-3-1-2 before, which is slightly different to a 4-1-2-1-2 I guess, with Inter, and I varied what I did with Sneijder, Eto'o, and one of Milito, Balotelli and Pandev. I've found that it might be worth it to experiment with some of these things:

1. I personally pushed Sneijder way up so he would play just behind the attackers, but for Guti I would try what I did with Riquelme, and that was to pull him back closer to the midfield as a advanced playmaker in support role to give him more time to work.

2. I found that giving your support striker an instruction to cross often will help with getting the ball into the box and getting space for your other striker, because the support striker will pull wide and give width.

3. Also, you may want to try using wingbacks, at least on one side (opposite to the striker that crosses often if possible)

mind you, these settings didn't give my team a super scoring rate, but it did improve the consistency of the team in terms of scoring in every game. It was nice knowing that I probably will score.

Thanks for that, and I will give it a go, but I'm currently playing as Stoke and am pretty damn weak defensively, so don't want my full backs pushing forwards much at all, so I want to concentrate on a tactic that works well pushing straight through the middle.

Archived