Under 16 teams....

Made Of Stone

So I am currently revamping the English reserve and youth competitions in the game, trying to make them more like their real life counterparts with a few extra features as well, such as promotion and relegation between the leagues all the way down from the Premier Reserve League to the Conference's own reserve competitions with the same done for the U18s age bracket. I will also be adding all relevant reserve and youth competitions including the FA youth cup. Now as an add on to all this I would also like to do the same and create U16s competitions in the same structure of the U18s, Is this actually possible though? Because there is no option to add any teams below U18 level in the reserve teams tab and not sure if I could possibly create an U16 team and then add them as an affiliate.

Just feel it would be a nice addition to be able to see your young players come through the ranks from 16 all the way to the full team.

I'm not sure about the feasibility of making an under 16 team, but there maybe a seperate problem. I could well be wrong, but I think each club can only have two 'other' teams. I think I tried to create a third on the game a few years ago on FM06 or something and it didn't work. Although things may have changed or I may be remembering something that never happened. So maybe do a little test with three teams before you worry about how to make an under 16 side.

That is easy to go round, create a club f.ex xxx reserves, and use the affiliated club were you choose B team and sameboard etc. Just teh way Barcelona B is added as a B team in the DB.

Right OK I have just tried that, I created an Arsenal U16s in the editor and set the maximum age to 16...I then set the club as a B team with the above settings. I then loaded up the database to see if it had all worked, unfortunately though the U16 side appear before both the reserves and U18s in the squad list and some players such as the injured Ramsay had been placed into that side rather than the reserves. On a plus note, the team did have a load of generated U16 players though, which is a good starting point!

Archived