Sir Alex Throws a Wobbler and Other Seedy Goings on Down at Old Trafford

Bagpuss

John and JP Contact Sir John

SJ: “Yes. What do you want?â€

JM: “I Have a big problem. Fergie has evidence pertaining to our dodgy betting. Basically he wants our stake in Man Utd in exchange for the evidence. We would also get £30 million too.â€

SJ: “I assume Fergie has the contacts to get conclusive evidence. I think you are buggered really. You'll have to take the deal but I'd stick the money somewhere offshore as I could use some of it for revenge.â€

JM “Didn't think of that. Getting revenge using his own money. I like that.â€

SJ: “Thought you would. I'll get back to my planning.â€

JM: “OK. Cheers.â€

John Magnier hangs up and then rings Sir Alex.

SAF: “Come to your decision have we?â€

JM “Yes. We'll take the deal. You've forced us into it you ****.â€

SAF: “I'll arrange the funding later on with your lawyer.â€

JM: “If you've nothing else, **** Off and leave us alone, but be warned things are not finished between us yet!!â€

SAF: “I'll be gone for now but YOU be warned. I'll counter anything you do to me or my interests.â€

With that Fergie hangs up.

JP: “So What are we going to do?â€

JM: “Wait for Sir John's plan for now. I'm sure he'll have some fine ideas.â€

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Wednesday October 31st 2001

League Cup 3rd Round Valley Parade Bradford

MUTV Commentator

“Good Evening. After another dreadful display from the defence and also due to Bradford's status it is very changed team tonight. Carroll returns in goal tonight for another chance to try and claim the No.1 spot.

Pique gets to start at left back alongside a strong line up of O'Shea, Heinze and Gary Neville. Midfield sees a big change with Kleberson, Djordjic and Fletcher replacing Keane, Ronaldo and Giggs. Miller gets a rare start replacing Scholes and Bellon is up front with Rooney. On the bench is more youngsters with Benjamin Collett looking for his first game.

GK Carroll

DL Pique

DR G Neville

DC Heinze

DC O'Shea

MC Djordjic

MC Fletcher

MC Kleberson

AMC Miller

FC Bellion

FC Rooney

Subs:

Heaton

Spector

Collett

Richardson

P Neville

Daily Telegraph Match Report

Another poor defensive display from United saw them unexpectantly lose to Bradford. Yes it was not a full strength team but their was more than enough quality their too beat a far weaker club. The strongest part of the squad was the defence and it was here the mistakes cost them the game.

Roy Carroll was to blame for two of the goals as he fumbled the ball for one and never even went for another presumably assuming it was going wide. Gary Neville was to blame for the third goal as he passed straight to Evans who easily rounded Carroll to score.

Worse news for United was Bellion picking up a calf strain putting him out for a month and Fletcher damaging his foot putting him out for a few weeks.

Bradford 3 Adebola 51, Schumacher 64, Evans 74 Manchester United 0

MOM: Emanuel

Attendance: 25125

Ratings: Carroll 6, G Neville 7, O'Shea 6, Heinze 8, Pique 6, Kleberson 6, Fletcher 7, Djordjic 7, Bellion 7, Miller 7, Rooney 8, P Neville (Sub for Pique 65 mins) 7, Collett (Sub for Kleberson 65 mins) 7, Richardson (Sub for Bellion 81 mins) 7

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

Archived