Corner instructions not being followed! W/ Image!

Seems to me Llorente is supposed to be marking Mexes there, but being a Forward he (understandably) only has 5(in my game, but I'm currently 3 seasons in so that could have changed 1 or 2 points) for marking. Think Drogba IRL - comes back for corners but not to man-mark, just to attack the ball. Also, top marks for effort - can only imagine the rage felt when making that pic :thup:

It does look Llorente is marking Mexes, but very badly.

Corner behaviour is very weird and very frustrating. There is no way to accurately set up a corner defence without knowing the games logic in deciding what does what and in what priority and I think that is something no one is going to spend time figuring out.

Personally I set both my fullbacks to mark my posts and then have every aggressive, strong, high jumping, high anticipation player in my team set to "Go Back" and then set the rest to stay outside the box. It's very gamey because it means the opposition will tend to pull enough players back to defend my counter-attack leaving me man-for-man inside the box with my best headers. But I only do that because the whole "Corner" module both attacking and defensively is extremely poor.

You know something is broken when you have to "game the system" simply to make something a bit more realistic. I still concede from corners but not because Shaun Wright-Phillips is marking Peter Crouch very badly. I concede from corners because a good header from the opposition has beaten a good header from my team to the ball by a couple of inches. That's REALISTIC and I have to game the system to achieve it.

SI and the more vocal beta testers have tended to dismiss this issue somewhat, not that it doesn't exist but as a priority issue for fixing. That's fair enough but it really needs to be improved because if FM11 has not addressed it at all I can promise you we will see heaps of complaints about Set Pieces all over again.

So yes what you are seeing is not "the games fault" but this whole area of the game is extremely dodgy. It's "Working As Designed" and it is very poorly designed.

SI and the more vocal beta testers have tended to dismiss this issue somewhat, not that it doesn't exist but as a priority issue for fixing.

Just to clarify as this is the internet that this isn't meant in an aggressive manner but what are you basing that on?

Just to clarify as this is the internet that this isn't meant in an aggressive manner but what are you basing that on?

Primarilly the lack of informed discussion on what is a clear issue, but more so the odd "it's a rather difficult issue to fix" type comment that does occasionally pop up in said discussion threads.

Not having a pop, just from what I have read it doesn't seem like the response matches the level of criticism. That tends to indicate a low priority, but that's not a fact by any means. Just looks that way to me.

hmm i see your theory in the way SI seem to react to this...

After this i started to pay more attention to the rest of the corners in that game and every other one was executed in a much better way... Albiol was marking Mexes for every corner from then on. And iniesta was never in the box... just like he should be... really weird and frustrating as to why they didn't do it on the occasion in my OP :(

Primarilly the lack of informed discussion on what is a clear issue, but more so the odd "it's a rather difficult issue to fix" type comment that does occasionally pop up in said discussion threads.

Not having a pop, just from what I have read it doesn't seem like the response matches the level of criticism. That tends to indicate a low priority, but that's not a fact by any means. Just looks that way to me.

Fair enough :)

On a slightly related note, I made a post in the FML ME feedback thread regarding what I consider to be the biggest problem relating to corners in FML/FM10 (and heading in general) - currently, within the FM ME, there is no conception of "player body mass". If you closely watch a replay of a corner (or other aerial challenge) you will notice that multiple players can occupy the exact same spot on the field at the same time. This leads the "jumping" attribute being overpowered when it comes to winning headers rather than other attributes like Strength, Positioning, Anticipation, Balance, etc. being more relevant as they are in real life.

One of the primary ME coders recognized that this was a problem which they intend to rectify but stated that it would take "at least a year" in order to write and test the necessary code to change how the ME operates in this regard :(

For those of you that have access to the FML subscribers forum you can read about it starting here: http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php/214684-The-1.6-Match-Engine-Thread-Keep-it-constructive-please.?p=5593545&viewfull=1#post5593545

Archived