Skinning Expert Needed

AndyRich

Basically,

I have the "neue2" skin, and i want to make the background lighter, as it has been dimmed by the creator.

This is how id like the background to be like...

screenie2.jpg

Although this is the skin at the moment...

screenie1.jpg

Any help is much appreciated,

Thanks,

Andy

If you copy the contents of the graphics/boxes/main folder from the top skin to the same location in the bottom skin, that should make the background lighter.

Alternatively you'll need to make the graphics located in the boxes/main folder more transparent so more of the background is showing.

I switched around the files like you said (graphics/boxes/main) and nothing happened :/

Its not the boxes that need changing either, its the general background darkness i think... As when im at the "Overview" screen the boxes are transparent but with a dark tint, to let you know their boxes. This is good. However the image behind the boxes has been darkened by the skin and this is what i want to change.

The boxes are great, but the darkness of the background images (thanks to the skin) is really dull and boring :/

Please help :)

Andy

Have a look in the setttings/<SKIN_NAME> settings.xml file there should be a line like this in the file:

<real id="background_opacity" value="1.0" />

The skinner may have changed the value from 1.0 to something else, changing the value back to 1.0 should make the background transparent, if that doesn't work you'll need to contact the skinner to see what he has done to darken the background.

Archived