Choosing a Captain

ShirazS

Can anyone tell me if making a player captain could negatively affect his performances?

I am in my 3rd season with Man Utd and have made Rooney captain replacing Ferdinand as my Assistant Manager thought that Rooney was the best candidate. Rooney scored around 50 goals each in the past 2 seasons but I am midway through October of Season 3 and he only has 9. It could just be a bad run of form but he has not had one like this in the past two seasons. The team still seems to be performing well and winning.

Thanks

Shiraz

Can't see making him captain being the reason behind his bad form, was he happy when you first made him captain?

He was delighted.

Actually yes it can have an affect on him as he may feel under too much pressure. Happened to Aron Gunnarsson with Leeds for me

Yeah, he seems to be missing one on ones that he would have scored easily previously.

Nothing about him being under pressure but something is definitely amiss. He really is taking some ridiculous shots that I have not seen him take before and missing sitters. I've removed him as captain and he's all sulky now but let's see if anything changes.

Archived