How to add a filter in front of the background picture?

elazulreal

I actually do not use background pictures, but just i want to give a shot. When using background images the texts become hard to read. I want to get rid of it by putting a filter over the background image but couldnt think a way to do it.

There should be a way.

Just for clarification there is an image:

http://img841.imageshack.us/img841/7686/87698961.jpg

I want to put a bit darkness to the background. It is not possible to make darker all background images, so in a folder of the skin I can change or add something? But where and how.

The easiest solution is to make the graphics in boxes/main less transparent.

A second solution is to create an overlay image, you'd need to create a graphic that is the same size as your screen resolution and give it a colour and level of transparency so that you can both see your backgrounds and read the text. Give the file a simple name such as overlay and save it in your backgrounds folder.

Then open the global panels.xml file in notepad locate this code:

<!-- background picture - covers entire screen -->

<widget class="
background
"
file="backgrounds/
">

<layout class="stick_to_sides_attachment" alignment="all" inset="0"/>

<attachment class="get_global_attachment" get_property="bgnd" set_property="file" skip_if_null="true"/>

</widget>

And copy the code and paste it directly below the existing code, you then need to change the bolded background text to picture and change default to the name of the file, so if you called the file overlay your code would look like this:

<widget class="background" file="backgrounds/default">

<attachment class="get_global_attachment" get_property="bgnd" set_property="file" skip_if_null="true"/>

</widget>

<widget class="
picture
" file="backgrounds/
overlay
">

</widget>

Archived