[FM10] Up The Villa!

Jord @S

Up the Villa!

astonvillanewbadge.png

FM Version: 10.0.3

Database Size: Large (No edits)

Leagues Loaded: USA (MLS Only) England (Blue Square North/South and above) France (Ligue 2 and above) Germany (First Division Only) Italy (Serie B and above) Holland (Jupiler League and above) Portugal (Liga Sagres Only) Scotland (Third Division and above) Spain (Liga Adelante and above)

Previous Experience: International Footballer

Why Villa?

After managing down in the lower leagues for a while, I thought for my final FM 10 save I would manage in The Premiership and Aston Villa seemed a good choice. I aim to take them far in europe this season and then move onto league and champions league ambitions. This is my 1st career thread so if you dont like the layout of my posts or would like certain screenshots please ask.

Sorry if the screenshot doesn't work :(

Founded in 1874, Aston Villa are a professional English club playing in the English Premier League. The club play their home games at Villa Park and possess top training facilities and an excellent youth setup. The club is known as 'Villa' or The Villians and retain a fierce rivalry with Birmingham and West Brom.

Villa have great history but have not won anything for 13 years. I hope to change that soon.

The board want me to aim for european qualification through the league which gave me 3.4million transfer budget and 800k wage budget, with 645k already being spent on wages. Now onto pre-season :)

Aston Villa 2 - 0 Aston Villa Reserves

A warm up match and not much to say about it. We controlled the play. John Carew got a brace.

Ipswich 1 - 3 Aston Villa

We went behind to an early goal and then woke up, controlling play and getting the goals through Heskey, Agbonlahor and Delph.

Rotherham 1 - 2 Aston Villa

Again we went behind to an early goal which was quite worrying but again the players woke up after conceding. We had plenty of possession but in truth it was a poor team performance. Reserve player Adam McGurk impressed though. The goals game from Agbonlahor and Delfounso.

Grimsby 2 - 5 Aston Villa

A great team perfomance and finally it looks like the team are starting to gel. But on the down side we keep going behind early on and to lesser sides. But once we concede, my players control the game. Also 4 of my goals came from headers so maybe set pieces will come in handy in the season. Carew (2), Dunne and Harewood (2) were the scorers.

Aston Villa 2 - 3 Malaga

A dissapointing loss as I would have liked to end pre-season unbeaten but thats not where the results count. We went behind yet again, but no so early. Then it was a bit of when I scored, they scored from the kick-off which was frustrating. John Carew and Ashley Young got the goals in a 5 goal 1st half.

Transfers

INAfter trying to get Peter Whittingham after he was unsettled, I wasn't prepared to pay 2million and Andy Marshall. I ended up mainly going for youth with the exception of Ruben Baraja. My scouts found all these players as I don't use the player search. I also managed to get Juan Pablo Angel returning to Villa Park on a free on 01/01/2010.

OUT I managed to loan out a lot of youth to get 1st team experience, with the exceptions of Marlon Harewood and Steve Sidwell (Loan fee of 2m, future of 8m) and now for the best bit ...

Transfers

philsaunders.png:cool:

(sorry for the large screenshot)

Will update once I start the season. Also I changed the captain from Styllian Petrov to Richard Dunne.

You have edited havn't you ;) That's impossible Heskey for Madrid?

I was shocked and laughing when I saw it, Real wanted Agbonlahor but I issued the 'hands off warning' and then offered out Heskey as I want to sell him and then this came through. To be fair he played alright for me pre-season ;) but now he is warming the bench at the Bernabeu so I guess they were desperate for a backup with only 3 proper strikers

August

West Ham 1 - 2 Aston Villa Premier League

A tough away match at Upton Park where West Ham dominated 1st half possession yet we when into the break 1-0 thanks to Ashley Young after a great counter attacking move. We started to control the match but then West Ham scored through Diamanti but as both sides pushed for a goal, our quality shone through with Nathan Delfounso scoring a poachers goal after a parried shot. (This goal strangely won goal of the month)

Polonia Warszawa 1 - 2 Aston Villa Euro Cup 4th Qualifying Round 1st leg

I sent out a very weakened team and I thought it was going to backfire when Polonia took the lead on 4 minutes, and although we had plenty of possession we just couldn't score. At half time I told them a result was expected and I was delighted when from the kick off half time subsitutes James Milner and Ruben Baraja combined and sent Callum McRobbie clean through on goal and he scored on his debut. But then things got even better when Andreas Weinmann scored after a nice team move. We then controlled the game but couldn't score but we have a nice advantage going back to Villa Park.

Aston Villa 3 - 0 Sunderland Premier League

A tough match against a side who won 6-0 in their last match. We played well but the scoreline did flatter us and Sunderland did go down to ten men. John Fleck, Carew and Gabby Agbonlahor got the goals.

Aston Villa 2 - 1 Polonia Warszawa Euro Cup 4th Qualifying Round 2nd leg

I sent out another weakened team thinking a goal advantage and 2 away goals would be enough to not need my key players and with a match against Liverpool next I decided to rest them. Again Polonia took the lead early on but my lads responded superbly with Reuben Noble-Lazarus scoring a close range header making him the Euro Cup and Aston Villa's youngest scorer ever. John Fleck then scored a lucky goal from 25 yards which slipped through the keepers hands. And then we controlled the game again, but couldn't score again.

Liverpool 2 - 0 Aston Villa Premier League

We weren't poor but we weren't that good. In truth it was a poor match with Liverpool playing route one stuff to Fernando Torres. Thats how both their goals were scored and we didn't really deserve any goals.

Poor end to a good month.

Euro Cup News

I was drawn into a group with Sporting, Olympiakos and BATE.

September

Aston Villa 1 - 1 Fulham Premier League

A decent performance but the finishing was poor. We had most of the possession but couldn't finish. Fulham eventually drew level after John Carew had put us ahead.

Aston Villa 1 - 0 Wigan Premier League

Poor match, there were a few chances for both sides. Only Gabby Agbonlahor took his.

Aston Villa 0 - 2 Sporting Euro Cup Group C

We were outplayed today. Not exactly poor but Sporting were a lot better. 2 first half goals was enough in the end but it could've gone either way if referee desicions had gone our way in the 1st half. We hit the woodwork once and they hit it twice. Not the start I had in mind for our european campaign.

Barnsley 2 - 5 Aston Villa

Barnsley went ahead after a superb solo effort and I thought I had underestimated them by playing a weakened team. Fabian Delph then decided to get his 1st goal in Villa colours by lashing one in from 20 yards and I thought we would take control then. But after half time they took the lead again with a magnificent solo effort and I brought on Nathan Delfouneso, who got a brace in 4 minutes to turn the game on its head. He was then denied his hattrick by a great save but Jamie Pollock poked home the rebound. James Milner then made it 5 with a great solo goal.

Manchester City 5 - 2 Aston Villa

A poor 1st half perfomance saw us 3-0 down at half time so I told them that the pressure was off and at 3-2 I thought my side had a chance but Man City scored with a goal straight from kick off and an offside Adebayor completed his hattrick late on. Carew and Delfouneso scored our goals.

Dissapointing month but we're 7th in the table.

After missing out on Ben Foster and not paying £9m for Joe Hart,I also managed to sign Guillermo Ochoa for £2.8 and he will be arriving in January. I don't think Brad Guzan can replace Friedel once he retires.

:mad: my save has messed up and now my last save was just before the malaga match :confused: even though auto save is set to every week. I don't think I will bother re-doing the save as I go back to school weds so wont have much to update/play

so can a mod please close

Archived