How to make it so english clubs can only sign english players?

jack_hayward

Hi,

I have searched as much as i can, but cant find out if this is possible, cant see an option in the editor and not too sure with the advanced stuff.

So was just wondering how to make it so that the english clubs / leagues, can only sign english players? Spanish teams only sign spanish players and so on.

Thanks in advance

I think this should be setup the same way as the 6+5 rule -> tell the game that it is only allowed to have a specific nationality in the squad.

(You cannot make it like the Basque-rule that Atletic Bilbao has, though)

I do not know how and where to make that so in the editor, so you have to wait for an answer from a more experienced editor I'm afraid.

You can't make it that they can only sign English players, at least I don't think so anyway, but you can make them have no foreign players in their squad. They can still sign them but cannot use them and also once you do this, foreign players like Fabregas who have been in England long enough will take British nationality.

To do it, you need to recreate each league in England and for the squad registration make rule to have foreign players.

As far as I know, it's impossible to restrict English clubs to sign English players only. In the nation rules editor you can recreate the English leagues, in the fixture rules section select the "maximum number of foreign players in squad" under the "squad rules" heading and enter 0. This means that clubs will be able to register only domestic players for the league, but FM considers all British players as domestic, so Scots, Northern Irish and Welshmen will be able to to play.

Also, the transfer AI is sophisticated enough that it won't sign players who cannot be registered, but it will make no attempt to sell the foreign players who are already at the club when you start the game, so they'll rot in the reserves while the AI plays crap youngsters from the youth teams to fill up the match 16.

Archived