Vitória de Guimarães - The Birthplace Of Portugal

craig1890

Vitória de Guimarães

300px-Vit%C3%B3ria_Guimar%C3%A3es.svg.png

Background

Vitória Sport Clube is a Portuguese sports club based in the city of Guimarães. The club includes football, volleyball and basketball departments. The club is reported to have been established in 1922. In Portugal, it is usually called Vitória de Guimarães. Although Vitória de Guimarães have never won the Portuguese Football Championship or the Portuguese Football Cup, it is one of the most respected clubs in Portugal, playing in the top division for the last few decades, usually challenging for a UEFA Cup place. The loyalty of the supporters, earned the White Angels the title "Best Fans of the Country" and became famous for the massive "invasions" to every city where Vitória plays.

The City of Guimarães

Guimarães is a city in Guimarães Municipality, in the North of Portugal.

In the 9th century, Vímara Peres was able to expel the Moors and founded a fortified town under his own name Vimaranis (of Vimar) which later became Guimaranis, present day Guimarães. The city is often referred to as the "birthplace of the Portuguese nationality" and also was the birthplace of Afonso I of Portugal, the first Portuguese king.

The seat of the municipality is Guimarães city, that is made of 16 parishes and, as of 2001, has a population of 52,181 inhabitants. The totality of the municipality has a population of 161,876 inhabitants in 241.3 km.

Guimarães is ranked number 2 in the Portuguese most livable cities survey of living conditions published yearly by the Portuguese newspaper Expresso.

Club Information

Full Name: Vitória Sport Clube

Nickname: Vitória de Guimarães

Founded: 1922

Manager: Paulo Sergio

Fierce Rivals: Braga

Club Icons: Neno, Pedro Mendes, Fernando Meira, Paulinho Cascavel

Media Prediction: 7th place

Club Captain: Flavio Meireles

Facilities

Stadium Name: Estádio D. Afonso Henriques

Stadium Capacity: 29,000

Training Facilities: Top training facilities

Youth Facilities: Good youth facilities

800px-Est%C3%A1dio_de_Guimar%C3%A3es.JPG

Finances

Estimated Value: £13M

Balance: £1.8m

Transfer Budget: £795,651 (Continental Qualification)

Wage Budget: £68,148 p/w (Continental Qualification)

First team and preferred tactic

screenshot20100912at194.png

note: Thiago Silva is a regen from youth team

Good Luck!

I think you should add more information about the squad: what areas are the strongest and what positions need investment. Also I'm not sure if that's the preferred formation, especially with Rui Miguel in a defensive role, and leaving out Desmarets and Targino, and also because Vitória doesn't have more than two reasonably good strikers.

If I may add my personal opinion:

Preferred formation: 4-2-3-1.

GK: Nilson

DR: Andrezinho, DL: Bruno Teles (or Milhazes), DCs: Lazaretti and Moreno

MCs: João Alves and Custódio (or Flávio Meireles)

AMR: Targino, AML: Desmarets, AMC: Nuno Assis (or Rui Miguel)

ST: Douglas (or Rui Miguel)

Potential targets: Saleiro (Sporting CP - Striker), Weldon (Benfica - Striker), Guarín (Porto - MC), Tomás Costa (Porto - M RC), Nuno André Coelho (Porto - DC), Diego Angelo (Naval - DC), Cléber (Nacional - CB/DM), André Marques (Sporting CP - DL). I also suggest loading brazilian leagues, since there are lots of cheap players in Brazil, and (unfortunately...) the portuguese league doesn't have a limit for foreign players.

I think the team could use one more good CB to partner with Lazaretti or Moreno. they're both good but there's no 3rd choice, unless I'm missing someone. Also another right winger would be good, since there are only three players for the wings.

Archived