FM 2008: Newcastle United

sirj09

• Replies 866
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Originally posted by hyrule_king:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Frazza Pee:

What's good about it is I was 4-0 up at half-time!

Saying that you did concede 3 in the second half! icon_biggrin.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE> Shay was still Slightly injured

I really struggled last season finishing 17th , 1 point from relegation , shocking tactics and player injuries didn't help me, how many goals did huntelaar score?

In the same game managed to get Ipswich promoted finally.

Is that all with that tactic , i've been using it now for four games and won 3 drawn 1. That is some feat winning the league in the first season , can you post table and squad screen with stats.

Thanks

Loving it as Newcastle manager, the club has such potential from when the start, just won the league cup, leaue (2nd year in a row) and european cup.

Top team, now in year 2011/2012

GK: Ochoa/Delle

RB: De Silvestri/Alxis/Zuiverloon

LB: Bale/Giulherme

CD: Zapata/Breno

CD: Richards/Felipe/Abidol

DMF: Banega/Hamsik

DMF: Mascherano/Mikel

AML: Farfan/Giovinco/N'Zogbia

AMC: Ben Arfa/Van der Vaart/Kroos/Lulinha

AMR: Gyan/Foggia/Alex

ST: Cavani/Vela/Saivet

Originally posted by THC_lean:

Loving it as Newcastle manager, the club has such potential from when the start, just won the league cup, leaue (2nd year in a row) and european cup.

Top team, now in year 2011/2012

GK: Ochoa/Delle

RB: De Silvestri/Alxis/Zuiverloon

LB: Bale/Giulherme

CD: Zapata/Breno

CD: Richards/Felipe/Abidol

DMF: Banega/Hamsik

DMF: Mascherano/Mikel

AML: Farfan/Giovinco/N'Zogbia

AMC: Ben Arfa/Van der Vaart/Kroos/Lulinha

AMR: Gyan/Foggia/Alex

ST: Cavani/Vela/Saivet

Nice team. Is that on Patch 8.02?

I won the EPL in first season, lost the League Cup in final to liverpool, FA Cup in fifth round to READING too icon_frown.gif But winning epl was awesome and yet owen watned a move to tottenham V_V and Kompany wanted a move to inter icon_frown.gif However my squad is still awesome now at beginning of second season :

GK : Given/Krul

DC: Taylor/Faye/Alexis/Edgar/Cacapa/Sakho

DR: Alexis/Beye/Geremi

DL: J.Enrique/Atunes/Sakho

DM: Sunny/Geremi

MR: Milner/Ninis

ML: Duff/Mata/N'Zog

AMC: Marin

FC/ST: Ciprian Marica/Martins/Carroll/Ameobi.

Martins was amazing in first season, set him as target man with run onto ball and he scored more than he played, cant remember exact stats but will check it, something like 35 in 32 or something. Marica i got at end of first season for 11m from Boro who got relegated and hes already scored 5 in 2 so far icon_smile.gif Alexis i got for 16.75 mill from Valencia, he got unsettled by my declaration of interest, Sunny was placed on the transfer list so i bought him for 2.1 mill and loaned him out for experience with option to recall. IM hopeful of retaining the title with my current squad. Will post what happens icon_smile.gif

I cannot believe I beat Arsenal 8-2, I went on to win the League Cup that season, I'm currently doing okay in the EPL in the 2011/12 season. I'm just about still in the title race, hopefully I'll produce a good run of form.

This is my current team:

Given/Edwards

Nelson/Gosling

Colloccini/Taylor

Garay/Cork

Taiwo/Guilherme

Wijnaldum/Suarez

Banega/Pirlo

Diego/Jimenez

Fernandez/Aaritalo

Owen/Zarate

Martins/Love

Originally posted by euanpolo:

I cannot believe I beat Arsenal 8-2, I went on to win the League Cup that season, I'm currently doing okay in the EPL in the 2011/12 season. I'm just about still in the title race, hopefully I'll produce a good run of form.

This is my current team:

Given/Edwards

Nelson/Gosling

Colloccini/Taylor

Garay/Cork

Taiwo/Guilherme

Wijnaldum/Suarez

Banega/Pirlo

Diego/Jimenez

Fernandez/Aaritalo

Owen/Zarate

Martins/Love

I still haven't got the hang of doing the pictures on this website.

Just go to this adress and there are some of my great results on FM08

http://www.toonpolo.co.nr/

Originally posted by euanpolo:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by euanpolo:

This is my current team:

Given/Edwards

Nelson/Gosling

Colloccini/Taylor

Garay/Cork

Taiwo/Guilherme

Wijnaldum/Suarez

Banega/Pirlo

Diego/Jimenez

Fernandez/Aaritalo

Owen/Zarate

Martins/Love

I still haven't got the hang of doing the pictures on this website.

Just go to this adress and there are some of my great results on FM08

http://www.toonpolo.co.nr/ </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

8-2 against arsenal what a result!

lol, just play a lone striker formation against chelsea, you will always whoop their ass. guess frazza pee got it as well, beating chelsea so comfortably. lmao. i do not go for corner cheat tho, same sentiments as it is unrealistic but than its a gd achievement tho.

Just started a new game with Newcastle. and I have had a decent start.

League Table:

LeagueTable.jpg

Transfers:

Transfers.jpg

Tactics and starting 11:

Tactics.jpg

Its going pretty well I think. Arshavin and Vagner Love have been immense and Samba is a rock. Matheiu has been good at LB and Geremi has scored some crackers, even though his long shots and finishing are pretty low. Anyone suggest any improvments?

Hey guys, I'm currently in October 2nd season and going good at the top of the league. Finished 4th last year and got champions league. Got handed an incredibly tough group with Real Madrid, Juventus and an easy team in Maccabi Haifa. Least I'm hoping for is dropping into the UEFA cup but you never know. Just wanted to know what you guys think of my team, and where I should improve. (Reserve/backup players are in brackets):

GK: Given (Kuszcak)

DR: Rafinha (Beye/Gunter)

DL: Pineda (Assou-Ekkoto) <-- Weakest place imo

DC: Taylor (Faye)

DC: Garay (Boulahrouz)

MC: Barton (Emre) <-- Think I need someone here

AMR: Milner (Arshavin/Benayoun)

AML: Guardado (Benayoun/Milner)

AMC: Arshavin (Benayoun)

ST: Owen (Lavezzi)

ST: Ahston (Carroll) <-- PA of 170 something iirc

So what do you's think, and where do I need to strengthen? Suggestions appreciated icon_biggrin.gif

ST: Ashton

Also forgot to mention I did have Christopher Samba, bought him for £1.8m in first season. However Valencia offered £15m plus clauses in the summer and thought it was too good to refuse.

Guest lilcool96

im at 2012 with newcastle now

Ustari (GK)

Behrami (RB)

Taylor (CB)

Sakho (CB)

Jose Enrique (LB)

Ever Banega (DM)

Diego Souza (CM)

Bernardo (CM)

Silva (LW)

Asamoah Gyan (RW)