FM 2008: Newcastle United

sirj09

• Replies 866
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Vincent Kompany alongside Steven Taylor has been very good for me. Would also think that Ezequiel (sp?) Garay will do a good job. These two will cost you though, but you can afford it. Matias Fernandez is a good prospect for the right wing. Can easily be trained there, and is a great player in the game.

Samba has been great for me alongside Taylor at DC, bought off Blackburn for only £800k, now Juventus are after him. Heading 20 and Jumping 19! icon_cool.gif

I've got Bentley in as a right winger, cost a bit (about £11million), but I'd sold Milner to Portsmouth for £17.25million. I've found Bentley to be a lot better. Far more consistant.

The games were crazy. Don't know what happens with Owen. He doesn't play well at all in any other matches, but these two against Chelsea he scored 12 (!) goals. Think he just love to play against Chelsea.

To be honest Chelsea didn't field their best players in the second leg. But in the first leg all the best players played.

If anyone wants to make a quick profit over one season buy Ben Foster, got him off the mancs in jan for 1.2mil and he played a blinder in first season, he kept Shaymless on the bench and thoroughly ****ed off Harper, sold him in the summer for 10.75mil to VillaReal and brought in Joao Carlos.

On a funny note, Nigel Pearson left me high and dry in second season and just checked his profile recently an it says he's "slightly jealous of you and your position" haha ******

just started my 2nd season with a 1-0 WIN against Man United,

2nd season transfers:

IN

Marica - 12m,

Taiwo - 17m,

Jimenez - 3,5m,

Bernardo - 500k,

OUT

Omozusi - 10m

Piati - 3m, and 50%next

Butt, Carr, Ramage, - free

Barnes - 13m,

Ameobi - 0,

Rozehnal - 1m,

Ngo Baheng - 200k,

Geremi - 500k.

Marica in 2nd game with Blackburn won 20 from 26 headers icon_wink.gif thats exactly what i've needed upfront icon_smile.gif

Once you sort the defence out and get a few more attacking players in the squad Newcastle seem a decent team to manage.

I'm into December in my 2nd season, came 6th in the 1st season, currently 3rd (but Chelsea out of sight in 1st icon13.gif) and easily flying through the initial rounds of the UEFA Cup.

Current line up:

Given

Beye

Enrique

Samba (£800k from B'burn, great signing)

Taylor

Bentley (sold Milner for £17.5 and bought Bentley)

Kewell (£1.9m)

Geremi

Van Der Vaart (great player, £15.5m from HSV)

Huntelaar (£11m)

Owen

Subs:

Harper

Billy Jones

Barton

Emre

Duff

Krancjar

Faye

Crespo

Ameobi

Smith

Franks

Next on my shopping list; Anelka

>> KC25

You need to sort out a partner at centre half for Taylor first and foremost. I got Samba in cheap at the start of the game and he's been cracking. Value up to over £5million now and Juventus after him. Grabs a few goals from corners too.

I shipped Milner out too as a bit too inconsistant, so i'd look for another r winger.

and then try and sort out a way of playing that gets the best out of Owen, i've found that if you can he's ace, but if you can't he's v poor.

If you want to keep Owen & Martins, offer them new contracts asap as they both have release clauses in, i think Owen's is £9million and Martins' £13million.

And you can get rid of tat like Butt as well! and Cacapa!

Just finished my 1st season with Newcastle, suprisingly in the last few weeks 'cos other teams were bunched up at the top we managed to sneak through and win the league with a far superior goal difference to Liverpool. Man Utd a further 3 points back with Arsenal and Chelsea behind them.

Players bought - Piatti, Stancu (for the future) Van der Vaart and i think the other players were back-up or "ones for the future" signings.

Budget for 2nd season is £40M and the positions I'm looking for players in are - DC (someone to partner Taylor), DR & DL replacements or options other than Enrique & Faye, possible MC & GK.

thanks SPENGLER

I have managed to sign Samba for 1.4m, i trying to sell duff, carr, emre & ameobi but no interest. i still have owen & martins, what is the best formation to get the best out of these guys? i also signed a couple of Russian wingers Arshavin & Zhirkov.

who would you recommend on the staff side of things?

KC25 >

I've had that problem, in 2nd season and still can't get anyone to buy Viduka or Cacapa, only just got rid of Rozenhal aswell.

Don't ask me how to get the best out of Owen, i'm still trying to work that one out!! Most infuriating.

As for staff i'm sure there's a better Ass man than Pearson but i've had problems getting anyone to come to me.

Also on the staff side though get Krzystof Dowhan in, he's a brilliant GK coach

1st Season Review:

After a massive clearout of 10 players including Taylor for 12.5m to Pompey and Milner for 2.6m to west ham.

I rebuilt the squad by bringing in some experience and youngsters including colloccini 7.5m and kompany 7.5m to strengthen the defence, then briand, warnock, gyan and paulo ferreira.

A poor finish of 10th in the prem. Highs for the season were reaching the quarters of fa and the final of league cup only to lose to chelsea 2-0.

Player Ratings:

Goals:

Martins 14

Briand 11

Gyan 9

Owen 8 (injured most of the season)

Average ratings:

Beye 7.20

Kompany 7.19

Warnock 7.17

Barton 7.17

Ratings and Goals tell me that i'm not providing enough chances to the likes of owen and martins in attack.

Best Result:

5-1 vs Aston Villa (H) Owen x2,Milner,Martins Peryrea.

My aims for season 2 are a top 6 finish , the board want a title challenge , i'll see what they give me to spend at the start of the season for a title challenge.

On the patch 8.0.2, i was Newcastle. Heres my team:

Gk: Given, Harper, Krul

Df: Samba, Kompany, Faye, Taylor, Enrique

Mf: Barton, Smith, Duff, Milner, N'Zogbia, Modric, Sidwell, Geremi

St: Owen, Martins, Carroll

As you can see I signed Samba, Kompany, Giles Barnes, Modric and Sidwell.

Kompany - 10 mill

Modric - 10.5 mill

Sidwell - 3.4 mill

Barnes - 13 mill

Samba - 2.2 mill

I sold Habib Beye, Viduka, Emre, Cacapa and released Ramage. I'm now trying to sell Duff, Rozehnal who is back from loan at Lazio. Tim Krul is also going to join West Brom for 2 million at the end of the season.

Those 5 players were worth their money. With the remaining of my transfer budget i signed Henri Saivet, John Bostock,Aquino, Saez, John Fleck. I put them all in my youth team, who didnt lose a game all season, drawing just one and winning the Cup.

My first team squad finished 5th with a dramatic end, also winning the FA Cup, reaching my expectations of Euro Cup qualification through position in league.

Top Goalscorer: Michael Owen (26)

Most Assists: Obafemi Martins (14)

Man Of The Match: Obafemi Martins (9)

Yellow Cards: Joey Barton (13)

Red Cards: Joey Barton (1)

Average Rating: Michael Owen (7.34)

Memorable results include 2 victories over Arsenal at home, a 2-2 draw with Man United at home, 3-2 away win to Everton to secure 5th, 4-2 away at Portsmouth and a 5-1 win at home to Reading. Disappointing results were a 6-1 loss away to Sunderland/Scum (bad i know!) and a 4-2 loss to West Brom in the League Cup.

Now looking to progress, Barnes, Owen, Saivet, Modric, Milner and Smith are all wanted but i'm not letting anyone go. Jose Enrique will hopefully get replaced by Gareth Bale and i'm looking for a very good right-back, any ideas? Tried to sign Richard Dunne, Michael Johnson but were too expensive. Thoughts please cheers for reading icon14.gif

Finally finding a good formation tom play , it's a basic 442.

Team:

Ustari

Beye

Warnock

Coloccini

Rodriguez

Jimenez

Fernandez

Cana (Normally Barton but injured)

Hamsik

Owen

Gyan

Subs:

Briand

Martins

Arzo

Kaebi

Given

Nyatanga

Peryrea

Just beat Arsenal 4-2 at Home. Owen, Gyan x 2 and hamsik Pen. Three goals ruled offside for adebayor. icon_biggrin.gif

I'm at the end of the summer transfer window in 2010.. I've got 55 million left of my transfer budget.

Just brought in Garay (14.75m), Ilsinho (13.25m), Adrien (10.25m) and Adriano on a free transfer ..

GK: Given / Marshall / Jourdren

DF: Coloccini / Garay / Taylor / Ignashevich

FB: Taiwo / Ilsinho / Mathieu / Beye / Enrique

MC: Adrien / Veloso / Barton

AMC: Neves / Cani / Gourcuff / Arshavin / Jiménez

ST: Gignac / Adriano / Iaquinta / Owen / Saivet (reserves) / Martins (reserves)

Usual squad:

Given

Taiwo Garay Coloccini Ilsinho

Neves Adrien Veloso Arshavin

Jiménez

Gignac

Subs:

Marshall

Taylor

Mathieu

Barton

Cani

Gourcuff

Adriano

Owen

Haven't really worried about getting a better second keeper since Given has almost played every single game since I started without injury. But I think this is his last year as nr. 1.

Beye and Enrique have been my starting fullbacks since I started as well but Beye is getting old and slow so I brought in Ilsinho. Taiwo I brought in last season as backup but he has won the spot now.

I'm not sure where I might need to improve. Any suggestions?

Im Newcastle in 2011/2012 and doing really well! top of the league. rate my team;

GK; Given

DR; Vanden Borre

DL; Jose Enrique

DC; Pichu Atieza

DC; Steven Taylor (crap in real life)

MR; Belluschi

ML; Reyes

MC; Nasri

MC; Jimenez

FC; Aguero

FC; Martins.

Hey all, currently playing playing as newcastle in first season, it's almost the first of January so the start of the winter transfer window and I'm within a win of 5th place. It's really been a dogfight this season in the Premiership, so it's still conceivable that I could qualify for CL footnball next season.

This is my team:

GK: Given/Harper

DR: Ferreira (loan)/Beye

DL: Jose Enrique/Mathieu

DC: Samba/Faye

DC: Taylor/Cacapa/Faye

DMC: Butt/Barton

ML: Menez or N'Zogbia based on form, Duff has just returned to fitness

MR: Milner/Menez

AMC: Van der Vaart

ST: Owen/Viduka

ST: Martins/Viduka

I've shifted between this and a lone striker tactic where I used Menez, VdV and Milner as attacking mids, bring in Emre to CM and Barton/Butt to play the more defensive CM role (curved barrow to DMC)

I've not beenb able to sell guys like Smith, Geremi, Carr or Amoebi.

Now, here's the thing. I've just sold Emre to Betis for 3.8 million pounds and Ashley accepted a bid of 10M from Villa.

That should leave me with ~23.5M to spend in January. Any ideas for improvments, as I really want to continue on my path to qualify to Europe...and CL football would really be satisfying next year. I've scouting Veloso but apparently he'll have no interest in signing for me. Will this change once the window actually opens?

Any and all suggestions are welcome. Thanks.

hy guys i could do with some tips, i have just taken newcastle over in 2010 and i am expected to finish midtable after they finished one place above the relegation zone the previous season. My squad looks like this; (player with stars - i brought)

GK: Ben Foster (* £5.25m Man Utd)

CB: Steven Taylor

CB: Curtis Davies

CB: Garay (* Loan Inter)

RM: Agbonglalho (sp)/Milner

CM: Veloso (* £21.5m A.Madrid)

CM: Barry/Song

LM: Milner/N'Zogbia

AM: Willian (* 10m Shakter)

ST: Owen

ST: Gouffran (sp)

I feel i need a striker and have been looking at Huntelaar whos unsettled at AC Milan but his is interested in a move to England and Walcott who was on a free but he went to Bolton (cash up), any ideas?

Any other recommendations appreciated.

Before anyone asks.. the reason why Newcastle have 3 former villa players is they where relegated during the 09/10 season so the previous manager must of snapped them up.

Duff is alright, fairly consistant i've found, very rarely has a poor game, but then by the same token he rarely has a run of games where he gets 8's and 9's.

I'm halfway through season 2 and i've found Kewell (bought at the start of season 1 for £1.9million) has been the better player. Also Kewell gets far more goals breaking into the opponents box than Duff does.

Worth keeping Duff tho to cover injuries and to play in those 'easier' cup and home legue games to give your 1st choice left winger a well earned rest.

Owen 37 goals in 35 games first season,martins hit 17 dont forget the young english guy out on load at preston he has become a wonderkid and is keeping martins out the team second season in,ive had bids from all the top clubs (andy carrol)

Originally posted by ronnievsmarcofu:

Can someone reccomend:

MR to back up milner

LB to REPLACE enrique

RB to REPLACE Beye

CB to Partner taylor

AMC

MC to backup emre and barton

ST (sold owen and martins for a ton of cash).

Bargains like samba would be great.

Thanks

Im 12 points clear with 13 gamesto go in season 3 and came 3rd in the previous 2 seasons,some of the players i bought in were:

Bale- LB

Zuiverloon/ Ryan Taylor-RB

Zapater, Felipe, Breno-CB

Mikel,Banega,Zabaleta,N DeJong,Mascherano- CMF/DMF

Giovinco, Ben Arfa,Foggia,Lulinha-AMF

Sinemma Pongolle,Saivet,Gyan-ST

They are not all bargains but will come to you and are absolute quality.

Other defenders you may want to look at could be:

Koralov; Lazio

Van den Boore- Anderlecht (i think)

Simpson-Man Utd

Baines- Everton (Spurs got him for only 7.5m on my game)

Carrying on from my last thread, i have signed some new players:

Lassana Diarra - £23 mill

Robert Mak - £ 220 k

Dan Gosling - £ 5 mill

Gareth Bale - £ 16 mill

Michael Woods - £ 3.8 mill

Ned Onohua - £ 5 mill

Adam Street - £ 1 mill

I also sold:

Krul - £ 2.2 mill

Butt - free

Carr - free

Enrique - £6 mill

Smith - £9 mill

Ameobi - £1.2 mill

Rozehnal - £1.5 mill

Geremi - £1.3 mill

My strongest side now is:

Given

Samba Kompany Taylor Bale

Diarra

Milner/Barnes N'Zogbia

Modric

Martins Owen

I managed to keep hold of all the players that were wanted by other clubs (Saivet, Given, Kompany, Samba, Owen, Martins, Milner, Barnes, N'Zogbia). Ive got some money left and i need to buy a good striker who won't mind being on the bench a lot or are Carroll/Saivet good enough to step up? Thanks

EEeeeeeep! icon_frown.gif

Think I may have just consigned my side to disaster in my first season (have played as Newcastle before, first season this time round).

Spent wwwwwwaaaaaaaaayyyyyyyyy too much on the future and nowhere near enough for the present, leaving my side weak, especially with Owen managing to pick up another injury in his first game back -.-

Transfer details below

Got

77405399xe5.th.png

On The Way

2004169677990097456_th.jpg

Oh icon_mad.gif and as a final little point, not sure if anyones mentioned it yet, but what the hell is up with enrique? icon_mad.gif I can't make any pre-match comments to the media to raise my sides sinking morale because every time I do his morale frikkin plummets and he gets nervous, possibly later doing something to cost me the game -.-

Just finished first season, came 6th place in FAPL, won league cup (beat arsenal 2-1 in final). I've been given a £24 million budget to improve the squad.

First season in:

1st team -

Steven Defour

Matias Fernandez

SergeyIgnashevic

Ben Sahar

Robbie Keane

Reserves -

Henri Saivet

Nacer Bazarite

Genero Zeefuik

Gabriel Torje

Bogdan Stancu

First Season out:

Viduka (Loan - get rid of wages)

Emre

Martins

Milner

I was top scorers in the FAPL in my first season, and with Carroll back and Saivet and Zeefuik already looking ready for the occasional sub appearance i dont wish to sign a new stiker unless an amazing deal is available...

Now heres where i need help...I have a bid for Torje of £4.5m(value is 1.5), and the only other Attacking ride sided player i have is Smith who isnt renowned for his wing play. I have lined up bids for:

Bentley - £7m (Blackburn got relegated)

Jonas Gutierrez - £5.5m

Giles Barnes - £6.5m + Geremi

Which of these do you think is the best option? Or are there others, i think Aaron Lennon is unsettled at spurs???

Also, i want a new keeper who is capable of filling Givens ageing gloves and Marco Amelia is available at £5.5m is he worth that? Other option is Ochoa, who my scout believes is available at £4m.

A new right back would also be useful, and with around £15m of my budget allocated to other positions, what are your suggestions? i'm scouting and praying that sagna is available lol.

Cheers in advance,

Ben.

Got some answers for you Ben.

MR/AMR - look no further than Mario Santana of Fiorentina, probably better than all three previously mentioned by yourself straight off the bat (although Barnes and Bentley could possibly develop above him), but most importantly very cheap. Check him out.

GK - I know everyone will feel it's obvious but Lloris is your man. I'd say offer around 10m with a 50% sell on (no intent to sell in the future of course) and you might be able to get him.

RB - again, fairly obvious, but certainly worth checking the availability of Rafinha. Again I'd advise bumping your bid with a 50% sell on to drop the initial fee. If not Rafinha then maybe Ryan Taylor or Carlos Diogo.

Good luck icon14.gif

Yeah i posted a new discussion, updated with info that i had bid for Rafinha, they've stalled at £9.5mil hoping for more but no other offers so hopeful there!

Lloris just needs me to press Accept and is done at £9.5 mil + 50%, and ochoa am waiting for a work permit, at £3.7 mil + 15%...i like to spend wisely and not spend too much on one player...so i'm thinking ochoa...if i want Lloris in future for first team then maybe...

Santana has moved on, and i've got bids of £7mil accepted for both barnes and bentley, gutierrez went to juve (wouldn't pay his £40k wages, being tight after some of the rediculous wages inherited) so its a straight shot between the two.

Thanks for the help masquerade, much appreciated

New game: opening review

Rules: Real Players, No Funds First Season, Attribute Masking

Players in:Thiago - Free (Barcelona)

Players out:None

Things could not be going much worse. I normally feel a tad guilty about utterly destroying the current squad when funds are available but now I see why I shouldn't.

Martins is 1 goal in 6 and looking every bit the shocking disappointment he became following 8.0.2 once again.

Michael Owen got injured for 3 months on his first game back. Got a goal before he left but we still couldn't finish the match off (2-2 v Villa - bloody frikkin ex-Newcastle).

Emre's out for a month as well, Given's still not back in the side, Harper's doing alright but even so.

Current position 18th W1 D2 L6

If I can actually make it to the next season I doubt I'll follow through with my plan to restrict myself to English lads only, this side needs an overhaul icon_frown.gif

tips for people who wants to play newcastle, i personally feels this team is a very good team and worth the time to play it.. to start off on how to play this team, focus on your defence as in the game newcastle is a team who scores alot and concedes alot.. my newcastle team is now in its 3rd season and in the 1st season i surprisingly won the league as man utd lost its 15 pt lead at the top of the table with an amazing 10 match LOSING STREAK. well tt is another story for another day. 1st season i tink its hard for anybody to change the defence much, play taylor more, he is class icon_biggrin.gif.. i had this backline "jose enrique, faye, taylor, beye" it still concedes alot but its the best i can come out with as i regreted in my 1st season i did not ask for more budget and i spent it on attack :S.. martins maybe class but i tink its worth it selling him.. as i got a very attractive offer by palermo, trading him for bresciano ( A MUST BUY, he is CLASS ) and an additional 29mil. that is totally worth it. Owen himself can score loads so no need to bother about martins, use that money and spend it on some quality striker. i have seen many people posting in the thread saying that they wan to sell geremi, heed my advice, don't. he is a gem whose stats deceives everybody, he is a goalscoring machine in midfield if you actually play him often, put him as the one who takes freekick and put his instruction of long shots to often, you find him scoring goals, enough for a player like him. trust me, geremi is a good player! of coz i replace most of my newcastle team.. but geremi is still the star captain.. keep him everybody.. try hiM!

just started a new game using newcastle.

in

van de vaart

briand

cassini

kompany

menez

torje

nilis

and plenty of loans like sharp, malaury martin, thicot, constil, rakitic, camacho

out:

n zogbia, viduka, cacapa, geremi

after some 5-1 and 4-0, 4-2 thrashing by arsenal and man utd and bolton in the beginning.. the club is now moving up with some gd win esp 5-0 first half rout against spurs. but nobody particularly stands out for my team yet

Archived