Legends - Club Era Teams League - BETA version

JonWo

Right, with FM 11 not far off the horizon I'm a bit pressed for time in terms of releasing my legends league database.

I want to stress that this is by no means the finished article. What you will download is a 4 tiered league structure, with a country simply called 'Legends'; which takes the place of the America Samoan leagues in the Oceania/Australasian continent.

The main reason for my geographical choice is that I feel this location has the least impact on the rest of the countries and leagues.

I knew this was going to be a big project when I took it on but in my attempt to make it bigger and better than those that have come before it and by striving to make it as detailed and accurate as possible, it has grown even bigger.

All the players' relevant details are in place an'd say for 95% of the players, they have their full histories, clubs/nations trained at, details, etc.

But, these are just the details... small details, but ones that I think make the game immersive and give these newly created players a bit of character.

Anyways... we've got four divisions.

Here's the breakdown:

Legends Premier Division:

The league consists of 16 teams - 14 of which have been completed to a satisfactory degree.

Independiente are totally incomplete and Torino are three-quarters complete

Legends Division One:

The league consists of 18 teams - 14 of which have been completed to a satisfactory degree.

Estudiantes and Sao Paulo are 'shell teams' whereas Vasco and River Plate are 50+% complete

Legends Division Two:

The league consists of 18 teams - 8 of which have been completed to a satisfactory degree.

Aberdeen, Anderlecht, Monaco (20% done), Botafogo, CSKA Moscow, Monchengladbach, IFK Goteborg and Spartak Mosow are incomplete.

Legends Division Three:

The league consists of 18 teams - 8 of which have been completed to a satisfactory degree.

Club Atheltic (Bilbao), Derby (75% done), Marseille, Partizan (Red Star) Belgrade, PSV, Rangers (30% done), Sampdoria, Santos, Sporting Lisbon and Steaua Bucharest are incomplete.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I can't stress enough that this is ONLY A BETA RELEASE, the database consists of four leagues, but no cup competitions are present, of course, these will be included in the full release.

Finally, before the big download link, I'd like to explain the things I've included in this database.

So Far:

- Over 1000 new players/staff added to the database

- Small/Normal size badges added for 80% of teams... the rest will be available in the final, finished database.

- 500+ manipulations made to the database, whether it be 'un-retiring' old players, managers or coaching staff or adjusting the age, CA, PA and reputation of existing players.

- Adding a few (very sparce atm, due to time constraints) of the old stadiums. Eg. Arsenal play at Highbury and Man Utd on Bank Street.

Final Update will include:

- Full details for all new/existing players and staff as a given.

- Full badge packs for new 'legends' clubs

- Old stadiums 'reinvented' or new stadiums created for all Legends' clubs, rather than the current ground sharing situation.

- Many more facepacks.

- Rivalries between the clubs. Eg. Fenerbache Legends vs. Galatasaray Legends will become a heated derby.

- More accuracy in club reputation.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

This has increasingly become a bit of a rush job, but your reward, Mr. Reader who just read all of the above *****, is... the download link.

Feedback is actively sought and suggestions will be implemented asap.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The download:

4 Tiers:

Legends Premier Division - 16 teams

Legends Division 1 - 18 teams

Legends Division 2 - 18 teams

Legends Division 3 - 18 teams

Please ignore the inaccurate club strips and be assured they will be ammended come the full release.

Graphics:

Most club logos included and the majority of major facepacks.

THE DOWNLOAD LINK - http://www.megaupload.com/?d=7LOUL2L0

only criticism id say it jens lehmann should have full eccentricity for being a crazy fool xD

other than that, looking at this glorious arsenal team in your DB and thinking of the fun im gonna have since im finally bored of FM and not wanting to wait for FM 11 i believe you have done me a great favour, thanks!!!

Squads seem a bit poor from what I've (admittedly briefly) seen so far. They seem to be all 'Best of the 90s' squads with the odd addition. I also don't understand why Lehmann qualifies as an Arsenal legend but David Seaman does not? I'd be willing to help expand the Newcastle squad for you though. I also think the DB would ork better if you got rid of all real-world players IMO, but maybe that's just a personal thing. I have to say though, great work compiling player histories, must have taken up a lot of your time.

It's club era teams, not specifically 'legends' although I admit the title is a bit misleading. The Arsenal I chose were the Invincibles, so it had to be Lehmann. Seaman will be at the club though, he'll just start in he reserve side.

Ah Ok, that makes more sense, sorry. Might have to do some NUFC related editing myself though haha. Is there any chance of a release w/out IRL players in the DB as I suggested, or could you suggest a way i can do this myself? Having a look round there could be some fun regen sevelopement in this DB, got some good ones straight into my squad, don't know if they're a result of squads being relatively thin compared to your average PL team.

It probably is because a few squads don't have many players. I'm not sure how I'd delete all the real life players out of the database, it would take ages.

Looking at the Newcastle team from 1995-96, it looks like I've forgot to include Paul Kitson in the first team, but I've just rectified that now.

If you want to suggest some Newcastle 'legends' then that would be a great help, will save me having to search for them. I think the only one I've got in atm is Jackie Milburn.

I've added about 40 free agents into the database as well; a lot of them are from Africa, Asia and Eastern Europe (Lev Yashin, Roger Milla, Ali Daei, etc) and I've also got some British players who didn't really fit in to any of the existing 80 squads (Stanley Matthews, Tom Finney, Nat Lofthouse, etc)

Barcelona Legends (1990-94 - Cruyff's Dream Team)

barce.png

Milan Legends (1987-94)

milanr.jpg

Goalkeepers Giovanni Galli and Sebastiano Rossi are in the squad but just out of shot

Put the database fille in: Documents/Sports Interactive/Football Manager 2010/Editor Data

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Archived