RTC's English National League System Update - Taking FM11 to Level 11.

RTC

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

First of all we chose to put the reserves teams in the FA cup to make it fair on the non league teams as we can't force the league sides to play weakened sides.

Also in the test we did there wasn't ANY premier teams featuring in the cups so if there is its an error your end.

A few quick comments. Not meant to be critical. Just constructive. I see you added a lot of the missing grounds, but while you named them, you didn't set their location. For example. you added the grounds for St Francis Rangers, but you didn't set the location to Haywards Heath. Same with many other clubs. Won't this will affect proper placement in promotion and relegation after a few seasons? In addition, by setting the grounds location you will also give the current youth players and future regens for the affected clubs a place of birth. Just adds a bit more realism.

Keep up the good work.

Tom

A few quick comments. Not meant to be critical. Just constructive. I see you added a lot of the missing grounds, but while you named them, you didn't set their location. For example. you added the grounds for St Francis Rangers, but you didn't set the location to Haywards Heath. Same with many other clubs. I beilieve this will affect proper placement in promotion and relegation after a few seasons. In addition, by setting the grounds location you will also give the current youth players and future regens for the affected clubs a place of birth. Just adds a bit more realism.

Keep up the good work.

Tom

It does not work the same in FM2011 as in previous version. If the club has a valid city the newgens will be generated as born in that city, not in the city the stadium is set. There is a new city database field for the clubs.

Ok. but the youth players for the clubs I checked without stadiums locations listed all had no place of birth? And youth players for clubs with a listed stadium location all had places of birth. So perhaps the city database field for those clubs was not filled in?

Ok, I just set St. Francis Rangers "city" to Haywards Heath and all the youth players now have a place of birth. But there are still quite a few clubs where the youth players have no place of birth. I realize not alll cities may be in database, but apparently some are... like Haywards Heath for St. Francis. So if the city isn't set, won't that cause proper promotion/relegation issues down the road?

I hope you all like the new releases..:) Anyways, I saw some comments about cups being either incorrect or missing. If you have an issue with a missing cup, or if teams are not supposed to be in a certain cup let us know which file (8 or 10) you are using and what is wrong or needs added.

The more information you give us the easier it will be for us to add that information.

Now I have a question for you all, while we are working on the Level 11 build I also was thinking of adding the english youth competition. What are you thoughts about that? If there is a need then we will try to implement it. First tests with it look promising. Any other suggestions are welcome!

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Football_League_Youth_Alliance

Milco. I checked all the Sussex Level 9 and 10 clubs and all the cities are in the database. the following clubs just need the cities linked to the clubs.

Redhill - Redhill

St. francis Ranger - Haywards Heath

Crawley Down - Crawley Down

Storrington - Storrington

Seaford Town - Seaford

Rustington - Rustington

Midhurst - Midhurst

Loxwood - Loxwood

Little Common - Bexhill on sea

Clymping - Clymping

Bexhill United - Bexhill on sea

AFC Uckfield - Uckfield

Steyning - Steyning

If you want me to look at other leagues for missing cities, let me know. I got no problem helping out.

Tom

First of all we chose to put the reserves teams in the FA cup to make it fair on the non league teams as we can't force the league sides to play weakened sides.

Also in the test we did there wasn't ANY premier teams featuring in the cups so if there is its an error your end.

In My save Wolves reserves and West Brom reserves appeared in the FA Trophy and Qual rounds of the FA Cup. they fielded such players as Ebanks-Blake and destroyed all opposition until they met League 1/Champ sides in the FA Cup. I think it would be better if reserve teams weren't entered.

Ok, so to make sure PL clubs wont enter the various lower league cups you will have to download the full version and select all playable leagues?

you have to download either level 8 or 10. Then select all available leaugues (level 8 till level 8 and level 10 till level 10). Then make sure you run a "custom" database with players enabled "based in England".

Milco. I checked all the Sussex Level 9 and 10 clubs and all the cities are in the database. the following clubs just need the cities linked to the clubs.

Redhill - Redhill

St. francis Ranger - Haywards Heath

Crawley Down - Crawley Down

Storrington - Storrington

Seaford Town - Seaford

Rustington - Rustington

Midhurst - Midhurst

Loxwood - Loxwood

Little Common - Bexhill on sea

Clymping - Clymping

Bexhill United - Bexhill on sea

AFC Uckfield - Uckfield

Steyning - Steyning

If you want me to look at other leagues for missing cities, let me know. I got no problem helping out.

Tom

added to "things to do"...:)

And please do check the other leagues if you want to! Every help we can get to make this DB as accurate as possible is welcome!

Decided to start a new game with the latest Level 10 db v1.44 which will have 55 playable leagues from 20 countries with a custom db of English players set, making a total of about 96,000 players. i will let you know if any problems crop up apart from the one team i know is missing from the imoSports Midland Combination Premier Division wich is Alveston making 19 teams in that division.

The main problem is if you add them they would have to be entered in to the FA Vase making 587 teams instead of the 586 in there now, which means a revamp of that competition. Anyway great work on this build guys, looking forward to the Level 11 build later in the year.

England4Ever

Decided to start a new game with the latest Level 10 db v1.44 which will have 55 playable leagues from 20 countries with a custom db of English players set, making a total of about 96,000 players. i will let you know if any problems crop up apart from the one team i know is missing from the imoSports Midland Combination Premier Division wich is Alveston making 19 teams in that division.

The main problem is if you add them they would have to be entered in to the FA Vase making 587 teams instead of the 586 in there now, which means a revamp of that competition. Anyway great work on this build guys, looking forward to the Level 11 build later in the year.

England4Ever

Alveston will be added in the level 11 build. :)

you can use level 10 to play a level 9 team. But level 10 has to be activated unless you dont mind having PRM teams in some of the cups..

you can also go in the editor and start up the level 10 build and make the level 10 divisions "inactive". Then save the file and start a new game. Then Level 10 runs as an inactive division and you can start with level 9.

you can use level 10 to play a level 9 team. But level 10 has to be activated unless you dont mind having PRM teams in some of the cups..

you can also go in the editor and start up the level 10 build and make the level 10 divisions "inactive". Then save the file and start a new game. Then Level 10 runs as an inactive division and you can start with level 9.

I thought of this but i'm wondering if this will still result in Premier League teams still being in the cups... Do you know or shall I find out? :p

Awesome, thanks alot to everyone involved in this great project.. It's the only reason I continue to play FM! :p

Update: How do I set it as inactive? The option seems to have been removed since I installed the advanced panel for the editor..

I've loaded up the latest build to do an overnight holiday before taking over Bedlington Terriers. couple of points:

When I load the editor data files, your new level 10 file is correct but described as level 8, earlier build.

In Bedlington Terrier's division all the clubs have reputation 10, but in the other level 9 leagues they average nearer 100. Whichever rep 10 team gets promoted will go into a level 8 division where the other reps are over 10X higher. The level 10 divisions have higher reps. Needs balancing, I think.

Great work though!

I've loaded up the latest build to do an overnight holiday before taking over Bedlington Terriers. couple of points:

When I load the editor data files, your new level 10 file is correct but described as level 8, earlier build.

In Bedlington Terrier's division all the clubs have reputation 10, but in the other level 9 leagues they average nearer 100. Whichever rep 10 team gets promoted will go into a level 8 division where the other reps are over 10X higher. The level 10 divisions have higher reps. Needs balancing, I think.

Great work though!

Good point! I've made a note of it and we will start playing around with it to find a good balance in the different reps for each division/level. And yes I am aware that we forgot to change the description in the Editor where we were trying to push the file out in the community...:) Good finds though!

Awesome, thanks alot to everyone involved in this great project.. It's the only reason I continue to play FM! :p

Update: How do I set it as inactive? The option seems to have been removed since I installed the advanced panel for the editor..

When you started up the editor. do the following..

1. Load database.

2. load english level 10 file.

3. Click on nation rules-england

4. .scroll down in the list left of the screen and click on "english level 10 divisions"

5. now on the right side you will see that type is set for "league" click on "league" and select "inactive" (3th option from above)

6. Save database.

7. Start new game!

Anyone else finding it quite easy to sign a whole team of players that are way too good for level 10? I have a squad of players that have a CA between 55 and 80 playing against sides with an average CA of around 5, and winning every game 5 or 6-0 as a result. Is this a bug - should these players be willing to sign for a level 10 side?

Anyone else finding it quite easy to sign a whole team of players that are way too good for level 10? I have a squad of players that have a CA between 55 and 80 playing against sides with an average CA of around 5, and winning every game 5 or 6-0 as a result. Is this a bug - should these players be willing to sign for a level 10 side?

I had that same problem in FM2010 and thats when I stopped using the search players function...:) Now its more of a challenge finding the right players...

But on a serious note....I am aware of that problem and seen the same in FM2010. I dont know a solution for that and kind of hope someone knows how to fix that?

Hi! Guys!

For many cups system you can use football.mitoo, clubs section

for example

i'd like to know more info about Bierton (Aylesbury and District Football League Premier)

entering in football.mitoo, clubs section about Bierton we discover:

Bierton

Competitions

Berks and Bucks FA - Intermediate Cup

Thomas Field Shield

Tom Sparkes League Cup

Marsworth Cup Senior Section

Premier Division

Normal Venue: Burcott Lane, Bierton

not only but also we have information about reserves squad

unfortunately football.mitoo doesn't cover all england categories

the club rep was at 1 to start off with and the league rep at half a star. i don't think it's possible to lower the league rep further than that. that might be the problem actually - i imagine the level 7, 8, 9 and 10 leagues are all rated at half a star so players wouldn't be able to distinguish between them.

There should be at least a 50 points step between the clubs reputation of the lower leagues. 10 = 1 to 50, 9 = 51 to 100, 8 = 101 to 150, 7 = 151 to 200 (depends on the reputation of the clubs at the 6. level, which could be used as the "starting point".

A good advice is to run a holiday game and than check with a tool like FMRTE the boost the games gives a club that wins promotion from the 10 to the 9 level for example. For a balanced game the difference in club reputation between two levels should be higher than the boost in reputation. Otherwise promoted teams will run through the divisions with ease.

If you really want a challenge. Only sign players who were born or played for another club that is within an hours drive of your club. That will pretty much mirror real life for an Amateur side. For instance with FM2010 I managed Holyport and only attempted to sign players from south London to Reading to Maidenhead.

Here are the missing cities for Vodkat Premier and D1

Barnoldswick - Barnoldswick

Leek OB - Leek

Ashton Town - Ashton-in-Makerfield

AFC Blackpool - Blackpool

Chadderton - Chadderton

Daisey Hill - Westhoughton

Darwen - Darwen

Holker OB - Barrow-in-Furness

Oldham Boro - Oldham

Iriam - Salford

Rochdale Town - Rochdale

Wigan RP - Wigan

Runcorn Town - Runcorn

Here are the missing cities for Vodkat Premier and D1

Barnoldswick - Barnoldswick

Leek OB - Leek

Ashton Town - Ashton-in-Makerfield

AFC Blackpool - Blackpool

Chadderton - Chadderton

Daisey Hill - Westhoughton

Darwen - Darwen

Holker OB - Barrow-in-Furness

Oldham Boro - Oldham

Iriam - Salford

Rochdale Town - Rochdale

Wigan RP - Wigan

Runcorn Town - Runcorn

allready added the first batch you sent me earlier...thanks for the research!

Sorry in essex senior we have made

all cups??

Stansted

Competitions

F.A. Cup Sponsored by E-On

F.A. Carlsberg Vase

Premier Division

League Cup Group E

The Gorden Brasted Memorial Trophy

Essex Senior Cup - supported by Essex Radio

East Anglian Cup

Sorry in essex senior we have made