RTC's English National League System Update - Taking FM11 to Level 11.

RTC

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I have quick comment on reserve teams and Cups. I see the county cups will be tweaked to ensure the first team premier sides are not entered (which is correct), but I do have a concern about the League and fA cups. If I remember correctly I thought I saw a post where the premier league reserve sides would be entered into those cups. If so, I think that would be a mistake. First, Premier League Sides take the FA Cup more seriously than the league cup. Chelsea for example. have historically more often than not put out a full first team side. And in the later rounds they are pretty much all using their first team side (except perhaps Arsenal). . In reference to the League Cup, the upper table Premier League sides do play a lot of reserves and youth in the League Cup. However, entering reserve sides to try to mimick that will cause problems down the road. As Championship and D1 sides eventually get promoted into the Premiership and eventually build strong teams, they will be playing with first team sides in the cups, while the existing premier league sides (regadless of which division they are now in) will still be playing with reserve team sides. Just something to consider.

I have quick comment on reserve teams and Cups. I see the county cups will be tweaked to ensure the first team premier sides are not entered (which is correct), but I do have a concern about the League and fA cups. If I remember correctly I thought I saw a post where the premier league reserve sides would be entered into those cups. If so, I think that would be a mistake. First, Premier League Sides take the FA Cup more seriously than the league cup. Chelsea for example. have historically more often than not put out a full first team side. And in the later rounds they are pretty much all using their first team side (except perhaps Arsenal). . In reference to the League Cup, the upper table Premier League sides do play a lot of reserves and youth in the League Cup. However, entering reserve sides to try to mimick that will cause problems down the road. As Championship and D1 sides eventually get promoted into the Premiership and eventually build strong teams, they will be playing with first team sides in the cups, while the existing premier league sides (regadless of which division they are now in) will still be playing with reserve team sides. Just something to consider.

The first teams will play in the FA and league cups. Only time the reserve teams will play is in the county cups!

I' m agree

for example darlington reserves and hartlepool reserves play in county cup, no first team

cause of they are professional

for my experience this rule can start from BSN/BSS

even though you're still semi-professional

but conference teams are no longer interested in the county cups

I' m agree

for example darlington reserves and hartlepool reserves play in county cup, no first team

cause of they are professional

for my experience this rule can start from BSN/BSS

even though you're still semi-professional

but conference teams are no longer interested in the county cups

right now we used as rule that everything above BSP/BSN/BSS uses reserves in the county cups.

right now we used as rule that everything above BSP/BSN/BSS uses reserves in the county cups.

I think you've got that spot on because BSP teams don't field their reserves in these competitions. Some may (I don't know), but at least 1 BSP team doesn't even have a reserve team IRL.

Don't forget that there are 3 part-time teams in the BSP.

It seems to depend on which county cup you look at as to who is interested in winning it or not.

The Northumberland Senior Cup seems to be won by league teams quite rarely, but...

the Liverpool Senior Cup has been contested 121 times, with Liverpool (45), Everton (40) and Tranmere (8) winning 93 of those. [with the mighty Southport (10) currently above Tranmere :o)]

The Lancashire Senior Cup has had 19 different winners, with only Barrow, Chester, Darwen and Southport being non-league (and Southport were a league team when they won it - I suspect Chester might have been as well).

The league teams do field their reserves, but they still want to win it (and premiership reserves ought to be able to as well!), so we shouldn't get too hung up on the league teams doing well in the game - they do well in real life too [except in the north east where the league teams are obviously non-league standard ;o)].

The only real problem I see with that is whether the Board expect you to win because of the low rep of the competition. Oh well.

Great work guys, can't wait for level 11.

is the staffodshire county senior league on this update i want to go hanley town they are level 11 arnt they ?? could someone please tell me thanks

the Staffordshire County Senior League is Level 11 and will be included in the next release!

I think you've got that spot on because BSP teams don't field their reserves in these competitions. Some may (I don't know), but at least 1 BSP team doesn't even have a reserve team IRL.

Don't forget that there are 3 part-time teams in the BSP.

It seems to depend on which county cup you look at as to who is interested in winning it or not.

The Northumberland Senior Cup seems to be won by league teams quite rarely, but...

the Liverpool Senior Cup has been contested 121 times, with Liverpool (45), Everton (40) and Tranmere (8) winning 93 of those. [with the mighty Southport (10) currently above Tranmere :o)]

The Lancashire Senior Cup has had 19 different winners, with only Barrow, Chester, Darwen and Southport being non-league (and Southport were a league team when they won it - I suspect Chester might have been as well).

The league teams do field their reserves, but they still want to win it (and premiership reserves ought to be able to as well!), so we shouldn't get too hung up on the league teams doing well in the game - they do well in real life too [except in the north east where the league teams are obviously non-league standard ;o)].

The only real problem I see with that is whether the Board expect you to win because of the low rep of the competition. Oh well.

Check Histon they have 3 teams that play in english football league system,

BSP teams are professional because most of them played in L2, for one relegation don't change society status, it's normal and logical

but if you play in bsp for the first time and arrive from bsn/bss you must be semiprofessional

promotion in l2 gives you professional status

I'm just about to kick off in my 1st round match in the Northumberland Senior Cup with Bedlington Terriers, level 9. There were only 4 teams drawn, the most senior being Blyth Spartans in L7 (the other 2 being in my division). The board say they aren't interested in this competition (or for that matter the northern League Cup).

More cities to add

Carlsberg SW Prem

Saltash - Saltash

Liskeard - Liskeard

Flamouth - Falmouth

St. Blazey - St. Blazey

Plymouth Parkway - Plymouth

Bodmin - Bodmin

Cullompton - Cullompton

Witheridge - Tiverton

Elburton - Plymouth

Launceston - Launceston

Torpoint - Plymouth

Tavistock - Tavistock

Wadebridge - Wadebridge

Royal Marines - Lympstone

St. Austell - St. Austell

Dartmouth - Darmouth

Bovey Tracey - Newton Abbot

Buckland - Newton Abbot

Ivybridge - Ivybridge

Wessex D1

US Portsmouth - Portmouth

Shaftsbury - Shaftsbury

Amesbury Town - Amesbury

Andover New Street - Andover

East Cowes Victoria - Newport (Isle of Wight)

Hythe & Dibden - Hythe

Perterfield - Peterfield

Ringwood - Ringwood

Stockbridge - Stockbridge

AFC Portchester - Portsmouth

Verwood - Verwood

Tadley - Tadley

Fleet Spurs - Farnborough

And 2 Sussex Clubs I missed before:

Sussex D1

Rye - Rye

Sussex D2

Worthing United - Worthing

And a few more cities

Toolstation D1

Gillingham Town - Gillingham (Dorset)

Roman Glass - Bristol

Shrewton United - Shrewton

Bradford Town - Bradford Town on Avon

Oldland Abbotonians - Oldland Common

Hengrove - Bristol

Almondsbury - Bristol

Portishead Town - Portishead

Toolstation Prem

Wells - wells

I very puzzled now by the fa cup? Championship clubs in round two? If you look on the fa website it tells you whos playying in the cup and what round most clubs wait before entery.

http://www.thefa.com/TheFACup/FACompetitions/TheFACup go to quick links and you find the info.

The editor says 940 teams in but theres around 759 teams are playing this season in real life.

I very puzzled now by the fa cup? Championship clubs in round two? If you look on the fa website it tells you whos playying in the cup and what round most clubs wait before entery.

http://www.thefa.com/TheFACup/FACompetitions/TheFACup go to quick links and you find the info.

The editor says 940 teams in but theres around 759 teams are playing this season in real life.

FA cup is for teams that play level 1-10 on the pyramid. Which is 940 teams. Now there are probably some teams in real life that for some reason dont participate.

Its either play with less teams in the FA cup and leave teams out that normally play...or have all the teams (940) in the cup that are allowed to play...

FA cup is for teams that play level 1-10 on the pyramid. Which is 940 teams. Now there are probably some teams in real life that for some reason dont participate.

Its either play with less teams in the FA cup and leave teams out that normally play...or have all the teams (940) in the cup that are allowed to play...

championship clubs should enter in round 3 instead of 2....I am trying to play around with the settings a bit and let you all know how it works out..:)

Here's a quick update on the Level 11 build which we are working on at the moment. Final build will have more county cups and some other improvements.

changelist 1.45

- Added Anglian Combination Premier (Dolphin Autos Anglian Combination)

- Added Bedfordshire Football League Premier Division

- Removed Southern league Midlands which was Extinct.

- Added the following cities for teams without cities:

Redhill - Redhill

St. francis Ranger - Haywards Heath

Crawley Down - Crawley Down

Storrington - Storrington

Seaford Town - Seaford

Rustington - Rustington

Midhurst - Midhurst

Loxwood - Loxwood

Little Common - Bexhill on sea

Clymping - Clymping

Bexhill United - Bexhill on sea

AFC Uckfield - Uckfield

Steyning - Steyning

changelist 1.46

- added some of the missing kits for Anglian Premier and Bedfordshire premier

changelist 1.47

- set max and min ammount of teams per division instead of using the parent division. this to

correct some errors in DB settings causing "found X teams maximum is Z teams."

changelist 1.48

- Created 12 teams for the Brighton Hove and district Premier League

- created kits for 8 of the 12 brighton hove and district teams.

- Added Brighton Hove and district premier league

- added Cambridgeshire Premier Division.

- added Central Midlands League Supreme Division.

changelist 1.49

- Fixed some bugs where teams would start in a division they were not assigned to.

changelist 1.50

- fixed Norfolk county cup causing a crash on 4-9-10

changelist 1.51 crash test. tested till 7th october 2012

- added cities to the teams for Vodkat Premier and Vodkat D1

- added cities to the teams for Kool Premier and Kool D1

changelist 1.52

- Added Cheshire Association Football League Division One

- Added Dorset Premier League

- Added East Berkshire football League Premier Division

- Added East Sussex Football League Premier Division

- added Essex and Suffolk Border Football League Premier Division

changelist 1.53 (Tested till May 2011)

- added cities to the teams for East Midlands Counties League

- Added cities to the teams for ImoSports Midland Combination

changelist 1.54 (tested till Jan 2011)

- Added Essex Olympian Premier League

- Added Gloucestershire County League

changelist 1.55 (tested till 1-21-12)

- removed duplicate teams.

changelist 1.56

- added Hampshire Premier League

- added Hertfordshire County League Premier Division

- added Bedfordshire County FA Senior Trophy

changelist 1.57

- added Kent county League Premier Division

- added Bedfordshire County FA Intermediate Challenge Cup

- added Berks and Bucks County FA Senior Invitation Cup

changelist 1.58

- added cities to the teams for West Midlands Premier

- added cities to the teams for Cherry Red Records Division One

- added cities to the teams for Ridgeons Premier and division One

- added Leicestershire Senior League Premier Division

- added Liverpool County Premier League

- added Manchester Football League Premier

- Changed participants in Birmingham County FA Senior Challenge Cup to 31.

- added Birmingham County FA Midweek Floodlight Challenge cup

- adjusted FA Cup so teams come in the cup when they are supposed to.

The last of the Level 9 and 10 cities based on the last build.

Skilltraining D1

Jarrow - Sunderland

Stokesley - Middlebrough

Ryhope CA - Sunderland

Skilltraining D2

Crook Town - Crook

Guisborough - Guisborough

Hebburn - Hebburn

Seaham - Seaham

Northallerton - Northallerton

Thornaby - Thornaby on Tees

Whickham - Whickham

North Shields - North Shields

Washington - Washington

Darlington RA - Darlington

Whitehaven - Whitehaven

Newton Aycliffe - Newton Aycliffe

Gillford Park - Carlisle

Northumbria - Newcastle

Birtley - Gates Head

Baker - Joiner Mid

Dunkirk - Dunkirk

Ellesmere - Ellesmere (Shropshire)

Bulmers Cider Kent Prem

Deal - Deal

VCD Athletic - Crayford

Beautiful, but essex olympian premier and kent county premier is in level 10

and respectively feeder to essex senior and kent league

There is no automatic relegation from the Essex Senior League, as the league consistently operates with several teams fewer than the maximum allowed for a step 5 league, which is 22. For a team to be relegated from the Essex Senior League they would have to resign their Senior Status and join an Intermediate League.http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Essex_Senior_Football_League
The ProKit Essex Olympian Football League' is a football competition based in England, founded in the 1966-67 season. It has a total of four senior divisions and three reserve divisions. The Premier Division sits at step 7 (or level 11) of the National League System

There is no Level 10 Essex Olympian league. Thats why there are no teams relegating from the Essex league level 9.

The league has three divisions: the Premier Division, First Division and Second Division. Only the Premier Division features first teams; the First and Second Divisions are for the reserve teams of Premier Division clubs and a number of other clubs in Kent. The Premier Division is now at Step 5 of the National League System (which equates to Level 9 of the overall English football league system), with clubs able to move upwards to the Step 4 divisions of the Isthmian League. Conversely, clubs can get relegated to the Kent County League, although in practice this has not happened in recent years.

This is the reason why no teams are relegating from the Kent Premier Division. Also there is no Kent in Level 10.

Kent County League exists and It sits below the Kent League where Only the Premier Division features first teams

Kent League latest link:

http://www.kentleague.com/Kent%20League%20Tables/non-active%20all%20divs.php

Vandanel Kent County Football League latest link:

http://www.kentcountyfootballleague.co.uk/results.asp#res

The same for essex

There is no automatic relegation from the Essex Senior League but it doesn' t mean that not exist,

also wiki says promotion to isthmian league and relegation to essex olympian premier

remember we can play here and a vaste region like essex and kent cannot miss in level 10

cause a disaster

The Essex Senior League is made up of 17 teams as Tiptree no longer exists. This is quite easy to amend in the editor. Good work guys doing a grand job. It does crash dump occasionally but I got over this by saving the game on a regular basis.

Cheers

Matt

I'm enjoying your 10 Level file as I manage Bedlington Terriers in Level 9.

One thing I notice as I play a lot of cup games against Level 10 teams is that at Level 10 most players'Ca is under 10; in many cases the average CA in a squad is 5 or 6. Presumably that means when you create your 11th Level, you're going to have to have a heck of a lot of CA 1-2, no?

I wonder if, to make the game more playable without losing realism, you should have the majority of L11 players as local teenagers with CA1, but with a good number having decent PA, so that the ultimate lower league manager at least has some hope of developing his boys and building a team for a long-term campaign.

Lancashire County FA

The Goldline Trophy 2010-11

Day	Date	Grp	Team	        Score	 	Team	        Score	 KO	 
Sat	17-Jul	1	Ashton Athletic	4	v	Breightmet Utd	0	 3.00	
Sat	17-Jul	1	Prestwich Heys	1	v	Atherton LR	3	 3.00	
Mon	19-Jul	2	Euxton Villa	3	v	Elton Vale	1	 6.30	
Mon	19-Jul	2	Eagley	        2	v	Ashton Town	3	 6.30	
Tue	20-Jul	3	Daisy Hill	P	v	Stoneclough	P	 7.45	
Tue	20-Jul	3	Tempest Utd	P	v	Hindsford	P	 6.30	
Wed	21-Jul	4       Bolton Wyres	0	v	Atherton Colls	3 	 6.30	
Wed	21-Jul	4	Atherton Town	0	v	Charnock Rich	7	 6.30	
Thu	22-Jul	3	Daisy Hill	5	v	Stoneclough	1	 7.45

Thu	22-Jul	1	Prestwich Heys	1 	v	Ashton Athletic	4	 6.30	
Thu	22-Jul	1	Atherton LR	0	v	Breightmet Utd	1 	 7.45

Sat	24-Jul	3	Tempest Utd	3	v	Hindsford	2	 3.00

Sat	24-Jul	2	Ashton Town	1 	v	Euxton Villa	3 	 3.00	
Sat	24-Jul	2	Elton Vale	3 	v	Eagley	        4 	 3.00	
Mon	26-Jul	3	Stoneclough	8 	v	Hindsford	3 	 6.30	
Mon	26-Jul	3	Daisy Hill	2 	v	Tempest Utd	2 	 7.45	
Tue	27-Jul	4	Atherton Colls	4 	v	Atherton Town	1 	 7.45	
Tue	27-Jul	4       Charnock Rich	12 	v       Bolton Wyres	0 	 6.30	
Wed	28-Jul	1	Ashton Athletic	0 	v	Atherton LR	0 	 7.45	
Wed	28-Jul	1	Breightmet Utd	2 	v	Prestwich Heys	2 	 6.30	
Thu	29-Jul	2	Elton Vale	1 	v	Ashton Town	1 	 6.30	
Thu	29-Jul	2	Euxton Villa	2 	v	Eagley	        2 	 6.30	
Sat	31-Jul	3	Stoneclough	5 	v	Tempest Utd	1 	 3.00	
Sat	31-Jul	3	Hindsford	2 	v	Daisy Hill	0 	 3.00	
Mon	2-Aug	4	Atherton Colls	1 	v	Charnock Rich	3 	 7.45	
Mon	2-Aug	4	Bolton Wyres	1 	v	Atherton Town	2 	 6.30	
Quarter Finals						
Wed	4-Aug		Euxton Villa	1	v	Atherton LR	3	 6.30	
Tue	31-Aug		Charnock Rich	5	v	Daisy Hill	0	 6.15	
Thu	2-Sep		Ashton Athletic	0	v	Eagley	        2	 7.45	
Thu	2-Sep		Stoneclough	2	v	Atherton Colls	0	 6.15	
Semis						
Wed	13-Oct		Charnock Rich	3	v	Stoneclough	4        7.45	
Wed	3-Nov		Atherton LR	3	v	Eagley	        3        7.45	
Lr win 4-2 on pens						
Final						
Stoneclough		v	Atherton LR		8.00

Add this cup

it covers 9th, 10th, 11th level teams

Excel.doc Download here:

http://www.filefront.com/17569839/TheGoldlineTro.xlsx

I can't be more specific that that, it repeatedly says this message over and over again, until it crash dumps?

which build are you using and which file? When does the crash dump occur? at the start of the game or while playing? what date does the crash occur?

Lancashire County FA

The Goldline Trophy 2010-11

Day	Date	Grp	Team	        Score	 	Team	        Score	 KO	 
Sat	17-Jul	1	Ashton Athletic	4	v	Breightmet Utd	0	 3.00	
Sat	17-Jul	1	Prestwich Heys	1	v	Atherton LR	3	 3.00	
Mon	19-Jul	2	Euxton Villa	3	v	Elton Vale	1	 6.30	
Mon	19-Jul	2	Eagley	        2	v	Ashton Town	3	 6.30	
Tue	20-Jul	3	Daisy Hill	P	v	Stoneclough	P	 7.45	
Tue	20-Jul	3	Tempest Utd	P	v	Hindsford	P	 6.30	
Wed	21-Jul	4       Bolton Wyres	0	v	Atherton Colls	3 	 6.30	
Wed	21-Jul	4	Atherton Town	0	v	Charnock Rich	7	 6.30	
Thu	22-Jul	3	Daisy Hill	5	v	Stoneclough	1	 7.45

Thu	22-Jul	1	Prestwich Heys	1 	v	Ashton Athletic	4	 6.30	
Thu	22-Jul	1	Atherton LR	0	v	Breightmet Utd	1 	 7.45

Sat	24-Jul	3	Tempest Utd	3	v	Hindsford	2	 3.00

Sat	24-Jul	2	Ashton Town	1 	v	Euxton Villa	3 	 3.00	
Sat	24-Jul	2	Elton Vale	3 	v	Eagley	        4 	 3.00	
Mon	26-Jul	3	Stoneclough	8 	v	Hindsford	3 	 6.30	
Mon	26-Jul	3	Daisy Hill	2 	v	Tempest Utd	2 	 7.45	
Tue	27-Jul	4	Atherton Colls	4 	v	Atherton Town	1 	 7.45	
Tue	27-Jul	4       Charnock Rich	12 	v       Bolton Wyres	0 	 6.30	
Wed	28-Jul	1	Ashton Athletic	0 	v	Atherton LR	0 	 7.45	
Wed	28-Jul	1	Breightmet Utd	2 	v	Prestwich Heys	2 	 6.30	
Thu	29-Jul	2	Elton Vale	1 	v	Ashton Town	1 	 6.30	
Thu	29-Jul	2	Euxton Villa	2 	v	Eagley	        2 	 6.30	
Sat	31-Jul	3	Stoneclough	5 	v	Tempest Utd	1 	 3.00	
Sat	31-Jul	3	Hindsford	2 	v	Daisy Hill	0 	 3.00	
Mon	2-Aug	4	Atherton Colls	1 	v	Charnock Rich	3 	 7.45	
Mon	2-Aug	4	Bolton Wyres	1 	v	Atherton Town	2 	 6.30	
Quarter Finals						
Wed	4-Aug		Euxton Villa	1	v	Atherton LR	3	 6.30	
Tue	31-Aug		Charnock Rich	5	v	Daisy Hill	0	 6.15	
Thu	2-Sep		Ashton Athletic	0	v	Eagley	        2	 7.45	
Thu	2-Sep		Stoneclough	2	v	Atherton Colls	0	 6.15	
Semis						
Wed	13-Oct		Charnock Rich	3	v	Stoneclough	4        7.45	
Wed	3-Nov		Atherton LR	3	v	Eagley	        3        7.45	
Lr win 4-2 on pens						
Final						
Stoneclough		v	Atherton LR		8.00

Add this cup

it covers 9th, 10th, 11th level teams

Excel.doc Download here:

http://www.filefront.com/17569839/TheGoldlineTro.xlsx

took note of this and will add it to the build.

Archived