Bamble's new and improved OOTP Baseball style League for FM08!!

• Replies 737
  • Created
  • Last Reply

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by chrisbamb:

Hi lads,

Just starting up now, only received 2 emails so far with regards to contract negotiations, REMEMBER, if you don't as me to renew then if someone comes in for that star player and gets him, you've only got yourself to blame!! icon_wink.gificon_razz.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I'll have a look at it this evening. icon14.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by NeoAC:

Anyone else having problems with the download? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Nope, download perfectly. Mail should arrive today at around 3-4pm Chris. icon14.gif

Tuesday 1st January 2007

English Premiership

Man City 1 (Johnson)

Portsmouth 0 - Mendes sent off!!

Middlesbrough 1

Everton 1 (Vaughan)

Newcastle 1 (Martins)

Chelsea 1

Spurs 2 (Berbatov, Bent)

Blackburn 4 (OG, Bentley, McCarthy 2)

West Ham 1 (Bellamy)

Birmingham 0

Wigan 0

Man Utd 2

Dutch Premiership

Heerenveen 1 (Matusiak)

Vitesse 1

Saturday 5th January 2007

FA Cup 3rd Round

Preston 0

West Ham 2 (Ferdinand, Bellamy)

Portsmouth 2 (Taylor, Diop)

West Brom 1

Wigan 2 (Landzaat, Delgado)

Hull 0

Barnsley 0

Newcastle 1 (Owen - Barton sent off!!)

Blackburn 0 - Khizanishvili sent off!!)

Tranmere 0

Man City 2 (Mpenza, Vassell)

Burnley 0

Everton 0

Sheff Utd 0

Only "shock" in the 3rd round was Southend knocking out Fulham.

Only big name to fall was Liverpool who got beat 4-2 by Man Utd.

Biggest Win was Reading's 8-1 Win over Tamworth.

Of course, the January matches are all 2008 and not 2007, before someone points it out!! icon_razz.gif

When checking for contract offers, check your transfer centres as well as most teams have offers in or teams sniffing round your players. Let me know if you want to accept any or willing to let any of the ones that are being looked at leave and how much for. icon14.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Newcastle 1 (Martins)

Chelsea 1 </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

facking hell get in Martins ya beauty!

icon_biggrin.gif

and a massive (ha!) away at Barnsley, the march to the FA Cup continues.

plus I'm doing a fair sight better than Fat Sam, for what that's worth. icon_razz.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by chrisbamb:

Alright lads, just loading up now. Will deal with the emails and then get some playing done. icon_biggrin.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

sorry for the various emails, things came to me in a flurry, so I just kept writing more icon_smile.gif

looking forward to the updates. icon_biggrin.gif

(unrelated I will be traveling to London this evening and if any of you lads want to meet for a pint my friend and I will be wandering the city for a couple of days. send me an email).

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by golden_goal:

Unrelated I will be traveling to London this evening and if any of you lads want to meet for a pint my friend and I will be wandering the city for a couple of days. send me an email). </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Damn, would have fancied that if London wasn't so far away from me!! icon_frown.gif

Met a couple of the guys that I'm in the OOTP Leagues with from across the pond and had a right good laugh. Always nice to meet up with cyber friends.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Jonny Kaufman:

ffs last 5 games in all compititions we have drawn 4 of them, where's inzgahi and hurry up and sign, the stiker that i'm bidding for who will remain unnamed until signed, or until i can be bothered. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Well, when you have a KEY player like Pirlo unhappy because he's still waiting for you to offer him a contract, of course the team will be playing crap!!! icon_wink.gificon_rolleyes.gif

Wow!!! Talk about team selection problems. Blackburn's team stands like this for their next match:-

5 out due to suspension

2 away on International duty

2 injured

These are:-

McCarthy

Bentley

Dunn

Samba

Emerton

Mokoena

Warnock

Andreasen

Khizanishvilli

Talk about putting up the bare minimum to get through. icon_wink.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Jonny Kaufman:

what was that about playing crap chirs? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Hmmmm, you take MY advise, offer Pirlo a contract, he accepts and suddenly you Win!! Easy this game. icon_wink.gificon_razz.gif

Wow!!! Talk about team selection problems. Blackburn's team stands like this for their next match:-

5 out due to suspension

2 away on International duty

2 injured

These are:-

McCarthy

Bentley

Dunn

Samba

Emerton

Mokoena

Warnock

Andreasen

Khizanishvilli

Talk about putting up the bare minimum to get through. icon_wink.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

icon_mad.gif I wont have a team left at this rate.

Quite amazed that Robbie Savage isnt on that list, I must not be playing him in my team icon_wink.gif

And 5-4 defeat to Newcastle icon_frown.gif

McCarthy second top goalscorer though icon14.gif

lol, Inter have scored 8 goals in the past 3 games - that 'goal scoring machine' Ibrahimovic scores 2 on one of his first games back after a couple of months out and that 'legend' Adriano gets the other 6 with 2 hattricks! icon_biggrin.gif

Why can't Adriano be this good irl ffs?! icon_biggrin.gif

Just a shame that my defence seems to like leaking goals though. icon_frown.gif

what was that about playing crap chirs? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Hmmmm, you take MY advise, offer Pirlo a contract, he accepts and suddenly you Win!! Easy this game. icon_wink.gificon_razz.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I din't take your advise, ok i took your advice icon_razz.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Walcott's Wonderkids:

Why can't Adriano be this good irl ffs?! icon_biggrin.gif

</div></BLOCKQUOTE>

They don't pick him, that's why!!! icon_wink.gif He would be most welcome at Blackburn, but alas, I think he'd end up in the same place with Benni and Santa in our team!! icon_biggrin.gif

I din't take your advise, ok i took your advice icon_razz.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Damn you spelling police!!! icon_mad.gif Where's the shaking my fist smiley when you need it!!! icon_mad.gif

Wednesday 23rd January 2008

League Cup semi-Final 2nd leg

Chelsea 0

Wigan 1 (Brown)

Agg:- 1-1

Chelsea Won 4-3 on Penalties!!

Unlucky Wigan!! icon_frown.gif Good effort. icon14.gif

Italian League Cup

1st Round 2nd Leg

AlbinoLeffe 0

AC Milan 1 (Kaka)

Agg:- 0-2