Pre-season help needed plz

Hi guys.Could someone please tell me which training schedule is the best for pre-season.Should I put my players all together or is it better to keep them in groups?I have 2 very good fitness coaches and have the players in defence,midfield and striker groups but would like to know which schedule is best,any help would be good,thankyou in advance.

Well, I advice you not to do specific pre-season training, especially if you want to focus on physical training, a bit more than usual can help regain fitness or prevent stamina drop especially for old players, but be careful, too much and you will increase injury risk. Keep your usual season training (individual or positional whatever) increase a little physical if necessary (again not too much) in order to regain match fitness, but the main main thing is to make sure each of your player has enough match experience, each player needs a different amount of playing time, you will know a player is ready when you see "match fit" in fitness status.

To do so, schedule enough friendlies during pre season to give them what they need "match experience". Heavily rotate then, keep an eye on the "lacking match fitness" or "match fit " to make sure your squad is completely fit, that's it. During season it is exactly the same, make sure everybody (first team + reserve + youngsters) play enough to not be back "lacking match fitness".

I try to leave my pre-season training as the normal training, the reason being that player lose a few skills in the off season and i want them to gain skills in the areas specificly for their positions and not worry about areas that don't matter, players only have a set number of points they can have and i would prefer for them to be in the more important areas. Players tend to gain skill more rapidly in the offseason. Eg player has a PA and CA of 150 but loses 5 CA in the off season this leaves me 5 CA to asign to the areas i want.

I try to leave my pre-season training as the normal training, the reason being that player lose a few skills in the off season and i want them to gain skills in the areas specificly for their positions and not worry about areas that don't matter, players only have a set number of points they can have and i would prefer for them to be in the more important areas. Players tend to gain skill more rapidly in the offseason. Eg player has a PA and CA of 150 but loses 5 CA in the off season this leaves me 5 CA to asign to the areas i want.

I find that the default is fine for player conditioning pre-season.

Archived