windows update reverted germany to greyed out players

Roy Race 9

Has this happened to anyone else ?

I am fully aware how to sort out the german national team to pick normal players.....and I removed the offending file pre game and all was fine, and I am 2 years into Metal Gutarists updated DB.....then I had a windows 7 update which caused me to verify with steam again:mad:

so when I played game yesterday I checked on germany and it was back to the old greyed out players:confused:

I checked steam folder...C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\football manager 2010\data\db\1000\lnc

and found the files I had previously removed were back there?????? and dated 03/10/10

I have obviously removed again also cleared appdata/cache but no joy on restarting game

HELP please

My German team has reverted back to greyed out players in a long term career game. Currently in 2025 and about two seasons ago it just suddenly changed.

- I play the game on Windows Vista and a laptop with Windows XP.

- Both had the files removed.

Do you think a Windows update could have changed these? I can't locate the files though unlike your Inc folder.

it looks like the windows update removed my steam password......................causing me to verify with steam again only thing I can think happens is steam checks game sees missing files and adds them

what I cant understand is how it takes instant effect in the game...surely you have to start a new game for that change to kick in

LNC files work with existing games.

If you for example want to rename a team or stadium while playing, it is perfectly possible.

I suggest doing the same things again; it should work.

The Inc files aren't LNC format though are they?, hence the need to start another game for the Germany team to be avaliable. My problem is, I don't want to start a new game as I'm in 2025 and the German team was avaliable before...now suddenly gone. Very annoying

it looks like the windows update removed my steam password......................causing me to verify with steam again only thing I can think happens is steam checks game sees missing files and adds them

what I cant understand is how it takes instant effect in the game...surely you have to start a new game for that change to kick in

My steam account was fine, with the login details kept. Maybe in my case transfering the saved game from laptop to PC has caused it. PC was steam, laptop was not.

The files are deleted though and German team was full for quite a few seasons when on PC.

The Inc files aren't LNC format though are they?, hence the need to start another game for the Germany team to be avaliable. My problem is, I don't want to start a new game as I'm in 2025 and the German team was avaliable before...now suddenly gone. Very annoying

As far as I know, the files you are referring to, are lnc (written with an L, not an I).

They are savegame compatible. If you for example want to rename Liverpool midgame to Ryknow FC, or Anfield to Ryknow Hall, you can just do that using such a game.

I am not sure about the other commands of the lnc file, but I suspect all commands in the lnc work in a savegame.

For more information about the lnc files, I suggest you visit Susie (Sort It Out Si)

Windows update doesn't remove files or passwords, so the issue will be a Steam/PC/User related issue.

This happened as soon as laptop restarted after the update was installed pre update steam was fine.....

what I cant understand is how it can impact my saved game because if you removed the files etc you would have to start a new game for it to take effect so why does it happen the other way around???

As far as I know, the files you are referring to, are lnc (written with an L, not an I).

They are savegame compatible. If you for example want to rename Liverpool midgame to Ryknow FC, or Anfield to Ryknow Hall, you can just do that using such a game.

I am not sure about the other commands of the lnc file, but I suspect all commands in the lnc work in a savegame.

For more information about the lnc files, I suggest you visit Susie (Sort It Out Si)

Thanks for that. Link doesn't work atm but I think thats down to my comp.

I read that certain lnc files can be updated in a current save but I don't think the one regarding the greyed out national teams can be edited without starting a new game. I would like to know why they just suddenly dissapeared and became greyed out players again. Not even my world class german newgens get selected for the national team.

Thanks for that. Link doesn't work atm but I think thats down to my comp.

I read that certain lnc files can be updated in a current save but I don't think the one regarding the greyed out national teams can be edited without starting a new game. I would like to know why they just suddenly dissapeared and became greyed out players again. Not even my world class german newgens get selected for the national team.

had you verified the game via steam or had any sort of steam update/windows update just before this happened

had you verified the game via steam or had any sort of steam update/windows update just before this happened

I have had a few steam updates since moving my save to the PC.

Just small updates for windows (security updates)

And not sure if I have FM verified?

All the files are deleted and Fm was patched to the latest before anything happened.

Either way, it's dissapointing but my save still goes on.

Maybe moving it from PC non steam to another PC with steam had a delayed effect, eg. took 3-5 seasons to register.

• 3 weeks later...

Just an update, on the same computer and the Germany coach has suddenly called up the players. All fake players are gone and EVEN a real player has returned, being a 35yr old Kroos.

Now nearing the end of season 2025 so maybe it took a while to trigger back, still unsure why the real players and newgens couldn't play for around a year.

Archived