Lower League Legends 2010

“Often stories are told of superstars; players who play at the highest level, earning respect and accolades from the entire world, winning trophy after trophy, making more money than most can comprehend…

…this is not one of those stories. This story goes out to the unsung heroes. They make their mark in the lower leagues, grinding away not for a paycheck, but for the love of the game. They may never be good enough to stand among the top tier, but perhaps that is what makes their story interesting.

We will follow the stories of twelve young players in the English 6th tier who will never be superstars. They may become local legends, or may retire young, but they will give it their all on the battlefield known as football.”

There are 11 spots available for the sign up. You will create a player, with as little or as much detail as you wish. The idea is simple: create a player who will never be great, but will make his mark on the lower leagues. The idea is to keep him in the lower leagues for his entire career and try to get him on the favored personnel list of a club.

Point System:

[(n/6)*(gpl/gpo)]*[0.1*cs+0.9]*[avr] = points for the season

Where:

n = league tier (BSN/S=6, BSP=5...EPL=1).

gpl = games played in the season (all competitive games played by your player)

gpo = games possible per season (all competitive games played by the club. This includes games where your player is banned/injured)

cs = consecutive seasons with the club

avr = average rating

Every season this point total is added to the total points for the player. At the end of the player’s career, the following points will be added:

Club Favored Personnel = 5 points

Club Icon = 10 points

Club Legend = 15 points

To sum this all up, the lower division you play in, the more points you get. The longer you play with a club, the more points you get.

Example: Player A plays in the Blue Square Premier, the 5th tier in English football, so his n=5. He played in 28 games this season, and his club played 51 games, so gpl=28, and gpo=51. This is his third season with the club consecutively, so his cs=3. He averaged a rating of 6.87 this season. Therefore: [(5/6)*(28/51)]*[0.1*3+0.9]*[6.87] = 3.772 (rounding to only 3 decimal places). This means he has 3.772 points for this year.

If your player is loaned, his consecutive years will not reset when he returns. Games played on loan will be counted with cs=1 (unless loaned in consecutive years).

In order to get points for a season, the player must be in a viewable league. If you sign for a club below BSN/S, you will not get points.

Name:

Nationalities:

Club: (Any club in BSN/S)

Birthday:

Birthplace:

Position:

Attributes: You may choose any attributes visible or hidden you wish, with as little or as much detail as you want. This includes PA and CA. Remember, your tying to keep him in the lower leagues. This is a challenge, because too low of ability and he will drop into the unplayable leagues or retire, too high and you’ll lose points for being in too good of a league.

Likes/Dislikes:

Here is my sign up:

Name: Aldo Sanders

Nationality: English

Club: Bromley

Birthday: 4/23/1992

Birthplace: Bromley

Position: ST=20, AMR=16, MR=16

Attributes: CA=50, PA=70, Loyalty=20, Ambition=5, Injury Proneness=1 (I'm going very minimalist, but remember that you can decide any or even all of your players attributes).

Likes/Dislikes: Favored Clubs: Bromley=100

1. Coasterkoa (Aldo Sanders, Bromley)

2. joetheref (Joe Tompkins, Chelmsford)

3. Nottingham Forest (Nottingham Forest, Droylsden)

4. Charlesbeams (Charles Beams, Blyth)

5. bambi holt (Luke Holt, St. Albans)

6. William Hall (William "Cannone" Hall, AFC Telford)

7. maztheplaya (Voicu "Maz" Razvan, Braintree)

8. samb_95 (Sam Bellamy, Welling)

9. Proto Tarkula (Nikolay Georgiev, Thurrock)

10. 5ergio (Santi González, Solihull Moors)

11. Elnaith (Thomas Schaaf, Newport County)

12. Cut

This is a rehash of a sign up I started about 3 years ago which I (surprise, surprise) didn't finish. The problem with that one is that I allowed too many leagues which had different schedules, so this time I'm only allowing the English league which will make updates far easier. I expect to only get through a few seasons before FM11 comes out, so please expect only that.

Name: Nottingham Forest

Nationalities: English

Club: Droylsden

Birthday: 20/05/1992

Birthplace:

Attributes: Loyalty: 20, Injury Proneness: 1, Ambition: 1, CA: 40 and PA: 75.

What does ST stand for?

ST= Striker. Its just a positional rating. In the editor it's under "attacker". Perhaps I should separate position and attributes.

ST= Striker. Its just a positional rating. Perhaps I should separate position and attributes.

I would. If thats the case, I can have all the position's that i'm good at. Whether it serves me well, we will see.

Positions

Centre Midfield: 20

Centre Back: 20

Right Midfield: 16

Left Midfield: 16

Right Back: 16

Left Back: 16

Defensive Midfielder: 16

Sweeper:16

Goalkeeper: 12

My birthplace is left blank as it's going to be unknown. I also want 20 for teamwork and 20 for work rate. The rest random if that's ok. My height is 5 ft 10 and my weight is 16st.

name: Luke Holt

nationality: english

club: St Albans

DOB: 08/04/93

birthplace: Luton

position: st=20 amr=18

CA 50 PA 100

loyalty 20 Ambition 5 injury prone 1 Finishing 15

Likes St Albans 100 Luton 80

Dislikes Watford 100 Stevenage 80

Name: William "Cannone" Hall

Nationalities: San Marino/Australia

Club: AFC Telford

Birthday: 27/08/1990

Birthplace: Brisbane (Australia)

Position: Striker

Attributes: CA:200 PA:200 Ambition:1 Loyality:20 Finishing:20 Composure:20 Acceleration:20 Pace:20 Heading:20 Natural Fitness: 20 Stamina:20 Crossing: 1 Dribbling: 20 Free Kick: 1 Long Shots: 20 Long Throws: 1 Marking: 1 Passing: 20 Penalty: 1 Tackling: 1 Technique: 20 Anticipation: 20 Concentration: 20 Decisions: 20 Adaptablity: 1 Jumping: 20 Consistency: 20 Creativity: 20 Dirtiness: 1 Important Matches: 20 Off the Ball: 20 Corners: 1 First Touch: 20 Versatility: 20 All Goalkeeping Attributes: 1

Likes/Dislikes: None

Trying to see if a great player will stay with loyalty attributes.

Name: Voicu "MaZ" Razvan

Nationalities: Romanian

Club: Braintree

Birthday: 12/04/1989

Birthplace: Bucharest

Position: ML - 15 AML - 20 ST - 15

Attributes:

CA - 70 PA - 120

Consistency - 16 / Adaptability - 14 / Ambition - 20 / Loyalty - 20 / Professionalism - 20 /Injury Prone - 1 / Creativity - 16 / Decisions - 16 / Composure - 16 / Determination - 16

Likes/Dislikes: Braintree - 100

Name: Sam Bellamy

Nationality: English

Club: Welling

Birthday: 4/23/1995

Birthplace: Welling

Position: DC - 20, SW - 15, MC - 15

Attributes: CA - 10, PA - 100, Loyalty - 20, Ambition - 3, Injury Proneness - 1, Natural Fitness - 20, Jumping - 20, Pace - 15, Strength, - 15, Acceleration - 15 Tackling - 15, Heading - 15, Marking - 13, Positioning - 12, Concentration - 12, Composure - 12, Penalty Taking - 20, Free Kicks - 20, Corners - 1

Likes/Dislikes: Welling - 100

Name: Nikolay Georgiev

Nationality: Bulgarian

Club: Thurrock

Birthday: 1/28/1993

Birthplace: Plovdiv

Position: DC - 20, SW - 15, DR - 18, DL - 12

Attributes: CA - 50, PA - 110, Loyalty - 16, Ambition - 3, Injury Proneness - 7, Natural Fitness - 1, Jumping - 13, Pace - 2, Strength - 15, Acceleration - 1, Tackling - 11, Heading - 9, Marking - 9, Positioning - 14, Concentration - 16, Composure - 7, Aggression - 18, Bravery - 16, Teamwork - 20, Work Rate - 4, Stamina - 1, Adaptability - 1, Flair - 1, Technique - 1

Likes/Dislikes: CSKA (Sofia) - 100

Name: Santi González

Nationalities: Spanish

Club: Solihull Moors

Birthday: 28/5/1992

Birthplace: Madrid

Position: MC: 20 - DM: 15 - AMC: 12

Attributes: CA: 52 - PA: 83 - Work Rate: 20 - Team Work: 20 - Influence: 20 - Loyalty: 20 - Decisions: 20 - Bravery: 20

Likes/Dislikes: -

9. Proto Tarkula (Nikolay Georgiev, Thurrock)

10. 5ergio (Santi González, Solihull Moors)

I'm cutting it at 10, we'll start in a bit.

May I still take that 11th spot? If you already started, that's fine.

Name: Thomas Schaaf

Nationalities: Dutch

Club: Newport County

Birthday: 28/7/1993

Birthplace: Groningen

Position: WBR: 20 - MR: 15 - WBL: 12 FBR: 12

Attributes: CA: 54 - PA: 89 - Pace: 20 - accelaration: 20 - Influence: 20 - Loyalty: 20 - Crossing: 20 - Passing: 20 - Ambition - 1 Anticipation - 17

Likes/Dislikes: Newport county - 100

May I still take that 11th spot? If you already started, that's fine.

Name: Thomas Schaaf

Nationalities: Dutch

Club: Newport County

Birthday: 28/7/1993

Birthplace: Groningen

Position: WBR: 20 - MR: 15 - WBL: 12 FBR: 12

Attributes: CA: 54 - PA: 89 - Pace: 20 - accelaration: 20 - Influence: 20 - Loyalty: 20 - Crossing: 20 - Passing: 20 - Ambition - 1 Anticipation - 17

Likes/Dislikes: Newport county - 100

You're lucky I'm feeling nice today :p

Season 1 - 2009/2010

Aldo Sanders - Bromley

The striker-cum-winger has been playing well, and often for Bromley during this season. In league play, he scored 16 goals and assisted 5 times, but played poorly in both of Bromley's early cup exits, losing 1-0 in each of their first games in the FA Cup and FA Trophy, bringing his total games played to 42 games this season. Bromley barely missed out on the promotion playoffs this season, ending the season in 7th place, ensuring the Aldo should get a chance to earn a lot of points next year.

Cannone - AFC Telford

Cannone's class has shown through this season. He scored 44 goals in 25 games for AFC Telford, helping them to develop a stranglehold on first place in the Blue Square North. He missed time during the season to a groin strain and a call up to Australia. To Telford's chagrin, he couldn't turn down a transfer to Barcelona when they came calling in January, and left the club after only 6 months with the team, effectively ending his run to be a lower league legend. He did, however, make an impression with the fans, making his way on to his clubs "Favored Personnel" list, adding to his point total.

Charles Beams - Blyth

Charles had a good start to the season, appearing in all 5 of Blyth's friendlies. However, he tried, he couldn't get himself out of the reserves and was unable to make an appearance. Blyth finished just outside the playoff places in 6th, and will hoping for similar success next season. Charles will hope to make his competitive debut next season. Luckily he isn't on the transfer list and still has time to improve.

Joe Tompkins - Chelmsford

Joe is nearly in the same boat as his countryman over in Blyth. He is currently with the reserves and has yet to feature for the first team, but also is disappointingly transfer listed. He did make 6 appearances for the reserves, but played very poorly in those appearances. Chelmsford finished 3rd and lost to Bath in the playoff semi finals. Joe will hope to find a new club where he can make some more appearances.

Luke Holt - St. Albans

Holt had a good season with St. Albans, who finished 14th this season. He scored 5 and assisted on 8 in his 38 league appearances, adding a further 3 goals in his 5 cup appearances, which saw St. Albans make it to the 4th Qualifying Round of the FA Cup. He is currently a key player for St. Albans and will hope to help them progress to a higher finish next year.

MaZ - Braintree

MaZ had a very good season for Braintree, who finished 5th. He scored 14 goals in all competitions, despite missing six weeks of the season through various injuries. Braintree were nearly promoted in the playoffs, but lost in the playoff final to a resurgent Bath side that had a great end to their season. MaZ is indispensible to Braintree, and is looking forward to next season.

Nikolay Georgiev - Thurrock

The young Bulgarian is getting a good run with the first team despite playing very poorly. He played 34 league games for Thurrock, but never made a positive impact. His lack of pace is damning at this level. They finished solidly mid-table in 14th, and Nikolay will look to his fitness coach to try to increase his pace to he won't be passed by snails on the field.

Nottingham Forest- Droylsden

Forest is considered a hot prospect at Droylsden, who had a good season. He only featured in 7 league games in the campaign which saw his side finish 8th. He is currently listed for loan and is looking forward to finding first team games and gaining experience. Hopefully he'll be able to play for a lower level BSN side so he can continue to accrue points.

Sam Bellamy- Welling

Bellamy is now Welling's youngest ever player at 14 years and 114 days. At 15 years old, he should be overjoyed with his time with first team, which included a lot of games with the reserves and four games with the first team. However, Welling's season was extremely disappointing as they were relegated with 5 games to go. Bellamy will hope to make the jump to another team if he hopes to get points next season

Santi González- Solihull Moors

Santi had injury troubles this season, spending a full 10 weeks sidelined with various injuries. Still, he managed to play quite a number of games, and The Moors are high on the young Spaniard who they expect big things from next season to help them improve on their 9th place finish this year. He was called up to the Spain u-19s at the end of the season, which could improve his exposure and get him a transfer to a bigger club.

Thomas Schaaf- Newport County

The Welsh based side had a fantastic season, ending in second place behind runaway winners Woking. Youngster Schaaf is the only youth player with the first team, despite only playing a bit part this season. He did manage to play well in his few appearances, but will have to improve if he wants to break into Newport's talented first team.

Scores

Rank		Player		        GPL		GPO		CS		n		AVR		Points
1		Cannone		        25		31		1		6		8.71		7.024
2		Aldo Sanders		42		44		1		6		6.84		6.529
3		Luke Holt	        43		47		1		6		6.86		6.276
4		MaZ		        44		49		1		6		6.91		6.205
5		Nikolay Georgiev	39		47		1		6		6.34		5.261
6		Santi Gonzalez		32		46		1		6		6.62		4.605
7		Nottingham Forest	7		48		1		6		6.60		0.963
8		Sam Bellamy		4		45		1		6		6.45		0.573
9		Thomas Shaaf		4		53		1		6		6.80		0.513
10		Charles Beams		0		47		1		6		0.00		0.000