A Dilemma you may be able to help

Who shall I keep?  

10 members have voted

1. 1. Who shall I keep?

• Martinez
    • Sanchez

Note to Mods:

If this is in the wrong place please move. Also both players are regens so will not trigger any spoiler warnings.

Well I decided to post this as I have a bit of a problem in my team, namely one too many players at CB. The choice is basically to either off-load Ray Martinez or Dario Sanchez.

Now normally the decision would be pretty simple as Sanchez is the better CB, younger and I believe has some more room for improvement. However Martinez is a legend at the club playing 186 league games over 7 seasons scoring 18 and creating 7 (and IMO the most consistent player I have, playing at 7 or above since being brought to the club).

So I find that I need your opinion, as I cannot really make up my mind. And honestly for game time at least I need to get rid of one of them.

I'm an idiot (I keep saying that, I wonder why?). The OP has been edited to put the right link in, and my current best 3 are:

Leozao

Ángel

Both players I reckon have some more room for improvement, but in any case they are young yet, and have been tested (by Leozao being loaned out to Valencia and Ángel to Fiorentina last season), and my final player is:

Rafael Caldito, a regular Spain international, and also my best overall CB (even if Martinez does shade him on performances).

Technically this is definitely a 'should I buy/sell' (you are asking, should I sell x or y, which is one of the purposes of that thread) thread but I'll give you my opinion.

You can't buy or train proven top level consistency, therefore I'd keep Martinez every time. His pace is fantastic too.

Isnt there already a should I buy/sell thread in the GPTG forum?

I've never had a problem with these type of threads in GD as long as they don't mention real players.

@Brian

Two totally different players IMO. I usually use a "Stopper" & a "Cover" Martinez is a cover player while Sanchez is a stopper.

Looking at your other options Caldito & Angel are both cover leaving Leozao as a stopper. This would mean losing a cover usually but I also have concerns over some of the others.

Both your stoppers (Sanchez & Leozao) lack pace while Angel lacks mentally but has good key stats.

Overall if it was me I would want to keep Caldito & Martinez while Leozao edges out Sanchez. So it would be between Angel & Sanchez to sell for me from just the links.

If it was my save though I would also be looking at their personality, strengths, weaknesses, can they improve and how have they played on the pitch - do you have confidence in them?

As an option why don't you just loan Angel out again for another season to see if he improves.

I'd definitely keep Martinez. Fair enough, his concentration is a worry and he isn't exceptional in the key CB technicals but they're still solid. His pace tips the scales for me, that's a massive plus if you're playing a high defensive line. If you think Caldito is your best CB them Martinez would be the perfect back-up imo.

I'd definitely keep Martinez. Fair enough, his concentration is a worry and he isn't exceptional in the key CB technicals but they're still solid. His pace tips the scales for me, that's a massive plus if you're playing a high defensive line. If you think Caldito is your best CB them Martinez would be the perfect back-up imo.

Thanks for that, well up to last season my two CBs were Caldito and Martinez, although with Leaozao back this season he's leapfrogged into no. 2 spot. I tend to have my CBs mind the shop on their own a lot (lots of cautions, but not too many reds fortunately), very attacking I am. So I need two solid performers in all games and Martinez has the edge there.

Archived