Do you use 2D or 3D in the FM series Poll.

Do you use 2D or 3D in FM.  

240 members have voted

1. 1. Do you use 2D or 3D in FM.

im suprised its almost 50/50.. imo 3d is so much better, and you can see how your players are performing.. but maybe not everyone has the gear required to run the game in 3d?

Yep, much better. Not to mention the people who want to see a bird's eye view of the player positions can do so using a widget. Lots of people are scared of change. 90% will come around eventually, then wonder why it took so long.

I was going to start this as I couldn't find one that had already been created surprisingly. Don't need to now.

In FM10 I used 3d, which ran a lot better than it did on FM09 for me.

There is about 50 of them.

2D all the way.

I found that after using 3D for some time and then trying to switch back to 2D I can't really use imagination to "fill in the blanks" anymore. Since it's the same engine with different views, even when watching a match in 2D I now know exactly what it looks like in 3D with all the strange things that go with it so I'm just sticking with 3D. It looks better and one day when they sort out the animations and improve the match engine and physics, it may look like a proper football match.

I play in 2D but I screencast my games in 3D. lol...

2D is because I don't want to take a long while to play my game and setting it to maximum speed will help.

3D is because I own a blog about FM 2010 and have been casting my games online, so looking at dots running around isn't very satisfying.

I use a bit of everything at different times during my save.

2D I only ever use for tweaking tactics, it is great for studying positions on the pitch.

3D I use for enjoying watching matches, it is definitely my favourite way to view an important match. Cup finals etc are always watched in 3D.

Commentary only I use for less important games once I've got my tactics sorted, this usually only ever happens once I am decades into the game.

3D, 'cause I can tell the difference between a player standing confused or a player on the deck. 3D, 'cause I can better see my DC sell out to a tackle, especially when he then misses it. 3D, 'cause I can tell the difference between a fingertip save and something that glances off the 'keeper's nose. 3D, because it gives me all the information 2D does, and more.

3D, because it's better. <=- see that dot? It's a period. Better. Period.

Archived