Important Question!

How do you assign an attacking player to perform defensive duties as well as attacking duties, for example, I want my wingers to perform defensive duties because I am not playing full backs/wing backs. So how do I tell them to track back to defense?

Maybe Winger can't be on Defen duty? ;)

@ OP: Set them to Support duty.

No whats I mean is you can already have a defensive winger option in the game. We would all agree that a winger is attacking, but in game you can set them to defensive mentality. So in other words you end up with a J.S Park/Milner type player IMO.

Kawee but like someone said in a recent post wouldn't raising their closing down make them move higher up the pitch and press?

What I meant is I have a good winger whose attributes aren't good enough for a winger but he has very high stamina,natural fitness,work rate,positioning. So how do I use him so he tracks back a lot to defense and runs a lot so he would consistently be first in the team in km's run. So he runs from side to side like a box to box midfielder

What formation are you using? I'm guessing three at the back?

In which case, your two wide midfielders (MR/ML) are going to basically act like wingbacks, except they're defined as being part of the midfield. The wide midfielder automatic option is what you want in this case and how defensive they will be will vary depending on the strategy that you use.

Archived