Creating a League: Questions and Help

shinderhizzle84

Hello! I have an interesting question for anyone who knows a bit about the editor.

I'm looking to create an all fictional league with all fictional players based in Canada or the United States. It's going to be slightly superior to the MLS in reputation and economically (meaning the teams will have slightly bigger budgets for more "star power). But I'm wondering, if, let's say I made like 12 teams in the league, is there a way for the editor to randomly generate players for those 12 fictional teams? Or will I have to move real life players to those teams or create all new players for those teams??

Also, are there any "rulebooks" about the editor, or posts that describe things to NOT do in the editor? I have EHM 07 (Eastside Hockey Manager) and a company named Eastside UK makes a freeware editor for the game and I know it very well. The FM10 editor is a lot more advanced but most of the values seem to be the same as in the EHM editor (IE current and potential ability is out of 200 and the rest of the abilities are out of 20).

Anyways, thanks a bunch in advance!!!

Hello! I have an interesting question for anyone who knows a bit about the editor.

I'm looking to create an all fictional league with all fictional players based in Canada or the United States. It's going to be slightly superior to the MLS in reputation and economically (meaning the teams will have slightly bigger budgets for more "star power). But I'm wondering, if, let's say I made like 12 teams in the league, is there a way for the editor to randomly generate players for those 12 fictional teams? Or will I have to move real life players to those teams or create all new players for those teams??

Don't add any players. When you start the game, tick "Add key staff". Game will generate random players for all positions.

Also, are there any "rulebooks" about the editor, or posts that describe things to NOT do in the editor? I have EHM 07 (Eastside Hockey Manager) and a company named Eastside UK makes a freeware editor for the game and I know it very well. The FM10 editor is a lot more advanced but most of the values seem to be the same as in the EHM editor (IE current and potential ability is out of 200 and the rest of the abilities are out of 20).

That's probably because it's an SI game, so they didn't change the basic structure for it.

There's nothing in particular not to do, but I wouldn't try to use the advanced panel unless you know what you're doing, but that's about it really. Everything else is relatively simple to use.

Okay, thanks a bunch guys, it is much appreciated!

If I wanted to make my new custom league slightly better than the MLS, do I just have to create it's reputation slightly higher than the MLS' reputation or is there something more to it???

Yes. Reputation playes a major part.

Others can be countries rating/or something like that, prize money etc

Archived