Theres only one Mark Wilson, only one Mark Wilson

mark wilson27

Authors Notes: Using FM07, with my own update of adding a new player.

The story revolves around my made up player and is pretty similar to what Ben did with his story awhile back, hopefully this will be as successful, It will be written not in my usual style but in the style of the players diary, so if I veer off course with the perspective you’ll have to bear with me.

Each Diary entry will be the match report unless anything significant happens between matches

I'd also like to thanks Ben for the advice he gave me

Diary of Mark Wilson; aged 15 ¾ ish.

As you’ve guessed my name is Mark Wilson and I was born on 10th October 1990. My lifelong ambition is to play professional football and this is my diary of how I will hopefully make it

June 20th 2006: Well here I’ve only gone a bloody done it. I’ve finally done what I always wanted to do and get signed up by a proper club. I’ve signed for my local side Chesterfield on a youth contract of £45 p/week. The money isn’t alot but I don’t care, I would of signed for nothing to be truthful. Roy McFarland has told me that he will try and use me during the pre season but that its likely I’ll spend the majority of my first season in the reserves or Under 18’s whichever team needs me

July 8th 2006:

Wow my first game in front of the Saltergate crowd and I was in the starting line up to face local team Derby County. I was pretty much in awe to be truthful throughout the game and it passed me by. The team played well but we lost 2-1 with a couple of early goals by A.Lupoli. I played the full ninety minutes but I was stupid enough to get booked for a silly tackle I really didnt need to make. I felt as though I had let myself down after letting the game slip by, but Mr.McFarland told my not too worry and that I will be getting alot more chances to prove myself

v Derby County (H) 1-2 Played 90 mins Rating (6) Booked

Thanks for the comments guys.

Maxie..If the story turns out half as good as Bens was I'll be happy,

Tenthree - Once I posted the title I suddenly thought that there was a couple of Mark Wilsons in the game

Ben - Thanks again for the advice

July 11th 2006: Mr McFarland had a quick word with me before the game against Eastbourne and told me to make sure I get about more. I went out and played my heart out for the Gaffer and five minutes into the game I grabbed a goal. However I think I went bit overboard with the celebration and was lucky not too get booked. The team did well and I had alot more of the ball and we walked away 2-1 winners. When I got back in the changing room Mr.McFarland congratulated me and told me I was his Man of the Match. I feel like a weight watcher in a cake shop.

v Eastbourne (A) 2-1 Played 90 mins Rating (8) Scored (1) Man of Match

Authors Notes: The diary match reports will be longer once I get into the actual season

Actually, there are two Mark Wilsons in my game, one plays for Celtic.

I see your two and raise you a Mark Wilson. 5m1w has three of them right now. The Celtic player, a 31 yo for Doncaster, and a 17 yo GK currently playing for the Yaqui SC Under 20's. Fancy a trip to Yuma, Arizona anyone? The 17 yo is dual citizen, USA and England, oddly enough.

July 15th 2006:

After the last game I was raring o go and when Mr.McFarland read out the team sheet I struggled to hide my excitement. However the opposition came out alot better than we did and by the 21st minute we were two goals down as Halesowen’s M.Lewis and L.Williams scoring each. However just after the half hour I repaid the gaffers faith in me by firing in a corking goal if I do say so myself as I fired in from inside the area. Mr.McFarland though wasn’t a very happy man during the interval I told us all we needed to improve. The second half was much better for us as we controlled much of the play. With a minute remaining I was taken off for C.Larkin, before I had chance to sit down we fired in the equaliser as C.Larkin fired in. I was happy with the way I played.

v Halesowen (A) 2-2 Played 89 mins Rating (8) Scored (1)

Spav - I fogot to save the opening attributes for my player but I have got them for the end of the first season, I am by the way an attacker and I forgot to mention that aswell ooopppssss lol

July 19th 2006:

I now had a little trip up to Scotland were I will be starting another game against Elgin. I had a good first half as I actually managed to set up a goal with a good pass to P.Picken who fired in from close range. We went further in front on the 34th minute as P.Shaw headed home from a corner after my shot was saved by the keeper. I was happy with my first half performance and so was the gaffer. The second half though was different as I struggled to get the ball and our poor passing was punished with Elgin grabbing two early goals in the half. I was brought off with a couple of minutes left. After the game I was pretty happy with my performance and even though I didn’t score I thought I contributed quite well. Mr.McFarland though wasn’t happy with the way we lost a two goal lead and has informed us that we will be in for extra training tomorrow

v Elgin (A) 2-2 Played 88 mins Rating (7)

July 23rd 2006:

I now had the chance to impress the home fans after I let the last home game fly by me. Today I was starting against a strong Southampton side. This time I didn’t let the game pass me by and it was my throughball which set up my teams first goal with team mate P.Shaw doing the honours. I was seeing a lot of the ball and had a good few chances to score in the first half but I was thinking about it too much and the effort were going all over the place. The second half was much harder work as the Southampton players kept the ball a lot better. When we did have the ball though we never had much time on it, as I found out the hard way with a crunching tackle that sent me flying. However on the 66th minute the Southampton defence didn’t notice my run into the area and I jumped to head in at the far post, this time I was alittle more reserved with my celebration. After the game Mr.McFarland congratulated me on my goal and general play and told me to keep it up.

v Southampton (H) 2-0 Played 90 mins Scored 1 Rating (8)

July 29th: 2006:

It was my last chance to impress as we faced an away trip with non league Chesham. I again kept my starting place and I had the chance to get the team off to a great start as I fired in from 25 yards but my effort was blocked by the keeper but M.Allott ran in and fired in the loose ball. I was getting a few chance to my feet but again failed to connect with many. On the 35th minute though A.Russell played a quick one two with me and fired in the teams second goal. The team controlled much of the second half and on the 75th minute I managed to score another goal as I slotted the ball past the Chesham keeper after running onto a great throughball. The team, grabbed a fourth goal with nine minutes remaining to cap a very good pre season. I just hope I’ve done enough to get a look in for the League games

v Chesham (A) 4-0 Played 90 mins Scored 1 Rating (8)

July 30th 2006 :

My chances of having a place in the match day squad seemed to be have dealt I blow as Mr.McFarland has sent me to train with the Under 18’s squad. I was a little disappointed in truth but it just means I will have to train a lot harder and show him what I can do. However the whole Under 18’s squad have been told that we will all be attending the opening League game against Swansea on August 5th

August 5th 2006:

As expected I wasn’t in the first team squad but I was in the stands as I watched the first team put in an impressive display against Swansea with an opening day 4-0 victory. I just wish I was out there playing the game. After the game me and my U18 team mates had a quick training session on the Saltergate pitch

August 8th 2006:

I again was omitted from the first team squad as they faced an away tie with Oldham. Whilst the first team were playing I was training with the U18’s. After the training session me and the rest of the squad switched on the TV to watch Final Score. Unfortunately the first team lost 3-0 and we had two players injured to boot, with J.Kovac and R.Hazell the injured players

August 12th 2006:

The first team faced another game without me with a home tie against Port Vale. I was in the stands as we lost 2-1 with K.Hurst picking up another injury. Me and the U18’s again had a quick training session after the match, however a silly tackle by one of my team mates saw my ankle buckle under and I had too sit out the rest of the session.

August 13th 2006:

I paid a visit to the club physio and after about half an hour I was told that I would be out for around a week at most. After bandaging up my ankle I was told to go home and rest. Not what I wanted really, an injury this early in the season but at least it wasn’t as bad as it could have been

August 19th 2006:

I came back to the club for some light training after my ankle injury, I spent most of the time in the gym concentrating on my upper body. After the session I switched on the radio to find out that Chesterfield had lost 2-1away to Leyton Orient with the team picking up another injury as A.Smith was carried off on the stroke of full time

August 22nd 2006:

Mr.McFarland called me into his office and told me that I would not be travelling to Leeds to face them in the League Cup 1st Round as I would be Captaining the U18’s in there first game of the season. He told me if I did a good job I would be keeping the captains armband for the season

August 23rd 2006:

So here it is my first game as captain of the Under 18’s as we face Stoke City away in the U18’s Cup 1st Round. I got the game off to a great start as within a minute I fired in the first goal with a curling effort from just inside the area. However we became sloppy and Stoke equalized soon after. The second half was a lot better for us as we dominated the play. I had a few chances to score but the Stoke keeper was in fine form. On the 77th minute though it was my pass that saw J.Law fire in the winner for us. After the game I was ecstatic with the teams performance and congratulated each of my team mates.

v Stoke City U18’s 2-1 Played 90 mins Scored 1 Rating (8) (capt) Man of Match

August 26th 2006:

I started again as Captain as we faced Nottingham Forest U18’s in the League. I again started well as I fired in within a minute of the start. The teams concentration though let us down as we conceded a silly goal on the 9th minute. I was far from happy with the defence and let them know as I trudged pack to the centre spot with the ball. However my game ended on the 17th minute as a Forest player studded me in the thigh and I had to be replaced. I watched the rest of the game from the bench with an ice pack on my leg. However it wasn’t good watching as we finished the game losing 2-1.

v Nottm.Forest U18’s (A) 1-2 Played 17 mins Scored 1 Rating (7) (capt)

August 27th 2006:

I made another visit to the physio and he told me that I suffered nothing more than a dead leg. I was however quite impressed with the bruise I had on my thigh. I will be missing from training for a day

August 29th 2006:

I again started the game and within three minutes I had scored a goal with a simple effort after a good cross. The manager however had to make a change soon after with D.Gray having to be replaced with an ankle injury. After that for some reason the team seemed to struggle and on the 22nd minute some poor defending cost us a goal. It just wasn’t going well for us and on the 39th minute we were reduced to ten men with J.Lowery getting himself sent off. On the stroke of half time my team mate L.Joyce was sent off. The second half was poor and on the 79th minute we conceded the winner. After the game the manager was furious and let the team know we weren’t good enough

v Stoke City Reserves (A) 1-2L Played 75 mins Scored 1 Rating (7) (capt)

August 30th 2006:

I again had to go to the physio after getting a bang to the head during the Stoke game. He’s told me that I can only do gym work for the next week

August 13th 2006:

I was again called up for reserve team action. After the previous game the whole team upped there game and we played really well. On the 29th minute I had my first chance to score as the referee pointed to the spot after a handball, I stepped up for the kick and beat the keeper. The second half was much the same as we continued to dominate and on the 47th minute I grabbed another goal with a good header. We grabbed one more goal as I laid up C.Folan for a simple tap in. The manager was happoy with mine and the teams performance

v Altrincham Reserves (A) 3-0W Played 90 mins Scored 2 Rating (9) Man of Match

September 16th 2006:

I was named as Captain for the Under 18’s game but in truth I had was disappointed with the way I played. I never really got going in the game . However despite my poor performance my team won 3-1 with B.Algar grabbing two goals and T.Bull grabbing the other goal. After the game the Manager had a quiet word with me and told me I need to make sure I don’t play like that again tomorrow as I will be in the reserve team

v Crewe U18’s (H) 3-1W Played 90 mins Rating (7) (capt)

September 17th 2006:

After my poor performance last night I knew I had to impress the manager and I think I did that. Even though I was pretty tired I ran my socks off and on the 28th minute I grabbed the opening goal with a simple tap in after some great work by my team. I thought the gaffer was going to take me off at half time but he kept me on and on the 51st minute I grabbed my second goal. I was enjoying the game but on the 66th minute we were reduced to ten men after A.Smith was sent off. After the sending off I struggled to get much of the ball and spent a lot of my time tracking back. On the 87th minute my team mate L.Pride got himself sent off seeing us end the game with nine men

v Port Vale Reserves (H) 2-0W Played 90 mins Scored 2 Rating (8) Man of Match

September 19th 2006:

I was back in Reserve team action and in truth I thought I played really well. However we got off to a poor start with Shrewsbury grabbing the lead on the 13th minute. I had a chance to equalise soon after but my effort was well saved by the keeper who booted the ball upfield and Shrewsbury grabbed a second goal. On the 43rd minute we grabbed a goal back with C.Folan running onto my throughball. The second half was alittle better for our team. Just after the hour mark my team grabbed the equaliser as again my throughball was intercepted and L.Joyce fired in. After the game the gaffer was happy with the way we came back but far from happy with having to do it.

v Shrewsbury Reserves (H) 2-2D Played 90 Rating (9) Man of Match

September 20th 2006:

I had no real chance to rest from the previous nights game as the reserves were called upon to play Burton. However I wasn’t at my best as I was still struggling from my exertions from last nights game. Luckily the rest of the team were up to the task as we took a two goal lead very early in the game. Nine minutes into the second half I was replaced and in truth I don’t blame the gaffer as I wasn’t that good.

v Burton Reserves (A) 2-1W Played 54 mins Rating (7)

Archived