FM 2011 Official System/Specs Thread

The 1090T and above can, not sure about the 1055T (at least not without investing in some expensive high-end cooling kit which I can't really afford right now!). I generally prefer not to overclock too close to the max just for safety's sake; I still have nightmares about a Pentium dual-core I fried about four years ago. :D

Will probably go for one of the ASUS M4A88 models, since they support USB3 and SATAIII.

All things being equal, do you think that FM would run better with a speedier quad or a slower hexa?

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'll tell you a few things

1) There is no difference between the 1055T and 1090T (or 1075T 1100T) except different base clock speeds and that 1090T and 1100T is BE.

2) I have seen people do 4.0GHz on the stock cooler. A basic cheap yet very good cooler like "CM Hyper 212+" can even take it near 4.2~4.3. I would recommend near 3.7~3.8 GHz.

3) ASUS M4A88 is good, but it has a 4 phase eps connector. I would get atleast Gigabyte 890GPA-UD3H. 4 phase but with a 8 pin eps connector. Necessary for a 125W TDP CPU (or it might burn).

4) Hexa core is more future proof. Slowly, games, apps and even FM training etc will start utilizing more cores.

5) What I would do is get 1050T (95W edition) and pair it with Gigabyte 880GMA-UD2H if you are on a budget or get the same CPU with Gigabyte 890GPA-UD3H. Both have USB3 and SATA3.

Hello -

I'm in the process of replacing my laptop and I am trying to wrap my head around the clock speeds for these Intel Core processors. I've played FM for many years now so I want to make sure I can run FM 2011. I'm not overly computer literate so please forgive the simply questions.

I know the processor clock speed requirement for FM 2011 using Windows 7 and an Intel processor is 2.0 GHz.

Here is the system hardware I am considering purchasing with my laptop (from Dell):

Intel Core i7-740QM (1.73 GHz, 8 threads, turbo boost up to 2.93 GHz, 6M cache)

NVIDIA GeForce GT 435 M 2GB

8GB Shared Dual Channel DDR3 RAM

640 GB 7200 RPM SATA Hard Drive

If I understand the Intel turbo boost technology, the CPU will automatically increase the clock speed if the system recognizes the need by shutting down some of the cores thereby increasing the amount of computing power given to the needy application (assuming temperatures stay cool enough to operate). So my questions:

Given the above i7 processor can "boost" to 2.93GHZ, am I safe to assume that I could run FM 2011 or any other game requiring a 2.0 GHz processor even though the base clock speed for the above processor is only 1.73 GHz?

Thanks in advance,

Otto

Morning chaps

I've just purchased the below laptop from John Lewis and will be picking it up tomorrow. What's it gonna be like for FM?

Toshiba Satellite C660-174

Processor type : Intel® Core™ i3-370M Processor

clock speed : 2.40 GHz

Front Side Bus : 1,066 MHz

3rd level cache : 3 MB

Operating system Genuine Windows® 7 Home Premium 64-bit

System memory standard : 3,072 (2,048 + 1,024) MB

maximum expandability : 8,192 MB

technology : DDR3 RAM (1,066 MHz)

Graphics adaptor manufacturer : Intel®

type : Intel® Graphics Media Accelerator HD

memory : up to 1,273 MB shared memory with 3 GB system memory installed, and up to 1,696 MB with 4 GB system memory, (with pre-installed 64-bit operating system)

memory type : shared

Oh, and how much would it cost to upgrade the RAM to the full 8GB?

Cheers!

it will work very well for FM, i wouldnt bother upgrading to 8GB RAM at the moment, you will get very little use of it, it definately will not make FM run much faster than what the computer comes with.

Lovely stuff. All I'll be doing on it is FM, plus the usual internet, iTunes etc, so I'll leave the RAM for now.

Lovely stuff. All I'll be doing on it is FM, plus the usual internet, iTunes etc, so I'll leave the RAM for now.

yeah i really wouldnt bother at the moment, even 64 bit windows wont make full use of that amount of RAM and as i say it wont help any for FM. Good laptop that tho, i like the new pentium processors, very quick.

Out of interest what did that set you back?

yeah i really wouldnt bother at the moment, even 64 bit windows wont make full use of that amount of RAM and as i say it wont help any for FM. Good laptop that tho, i like the new pentium processors, very quick.

Out of interest what did that set you back?

£429, which includes a 2 year warranty and no delivery charge as it's going to my local store. I did a good bit of shopping around and comparing processor benchmarks, and this seemed to be about the best value I could find within my budget of £400 (oops!) after I'd discarded certain manufacturers for various reasons. The one thing I wasn't 100% on is what it'd be like on FM; though I hoped/guessed it'd be good.

£429, which includes a 2 year warranty and no delivery charge as it's going to my local store. I did a good bit of shopping around and comparing processor benchmarks, and this seemed to be about the best value I could find within my budget of £400 (oops!) after I'd discarded certain manufacturers for various reasons. The one thing I wasn't 100% on is what it'd be like on FM; though I hoped/guessed it'd be good.

not a bad price at all! I was looking at an Hewit laptop with 4GB RAM and one of the new I3 processors which was about £50 more than you have paid.

As i say FM wise it will be good, you could maybe do with a touch more RAM but it wouldnt be worth the money to upgrade it at the mo, you will still run the game nicely.

not a bad price at all! I was looking at an Hewit laptop with 4GB RAM and one of the new I3 processors which was about £50 more than you have paid.

As i say FM wise it will be good, you could maybe do with a touch more RAM but it wouldnt be worth the money to upgrade it at the mo, you will still run the game nicely.

Good to know, thanks for the input mate.

guys,

need some help! got a mac which I know is below min spec. fm10 worked fine on it (without 3d obviously). i have borrowed my friends fm11 cd and installed it to see if it works before i buy it. i installed it, clicked to play- it bounced up and down once or twice and then disappeared.

I'm probably clutching at straws, but any help or suggestions of things I can do to get it working?

thanks

my specs:

Model Name: MacBook

Model Identifier: MacBook2,1

Processor Name: Intel Core 2 Duo

Processor Speed: 1.83 GHz

Number Of Processors: 1

Total Number Of Cores: 2

L2 Cache (per processor): 2 MB

Memory: 2 GB

Bus Speed: 667 MHz

I will buy really soon a PC, will use it for playing FM2011. I want to run 4-5 nations with a total of 20 leagues, using a DDT with all players of the world. As for the 3D I want to play it smoothly with maximum details. You think is enough this configuration?

Intel Core i7 LGA1156 860 2,8GHz Box

ASUS 1156 P7P55D-E EVO

ATI HD6870 Sapphire 1GB GDDR5

CORSAIR 750W CMPSU-750TXEU

Aerocool VX-9 Pro

CORSAIR 4GB (2x2GB) DDR3 1600 XMS3 CL8 i5/i7

SAMSUNG 1TB HD103SJ 7200rpm 32MB Spinpoint F3

guys,

need some help! got a mac which I know is below min spec. fm10 worked fine on it (without 3d obviously). i have borrowed my friends fm11 cd and installed it to see if it works before i buy it. i installed it, clicked to play- it bounced up and down once or twice and then disappeared.

I'm probably clutching at straws, but any help or suggestions of things I can do to get it working?

thanks

The specs seem fine. Try to install the patches. First try 11.1.1 and then 11.2.1.

And create a thread here if it still doesn't work.

Mac support forum

Thinking of buying this laptop, but not sure of how well will run with FM?

AMD Athlon II Dual-Core Processor P340

4 GB

320 GB

Genuine Windows 7 Home Premium (64-bit)

Matte White

Memory Size 4 GB

Memory Type - DDR3 SDRAM

Optical Drive - DVD SuperMulti Drive

Screen Size 17.3"

Graphic Card - ATI Mobility Radeon HD 4250 Graphics

USB 2.0 Ports - Hi-Speed USB (USB 2.0) x4

Memory Stick Slot - Memory Stick Duo x1

Wireless LAN, WebCam

I will buy really soon a PC, will use it for playing FM2011. I want to run 4-5 nations with a total of 20 leagues, using a DDT with all players of the world. As for the 3D I want to play it smoothly with maximum details. You think is enough this configuration?

Yes ofcourse.

Thinking of buying this laptop, but not sure of how well will run with FM?

AMD Athlon II Dual-Core Processor P340

4 GB

320 GB

Genuine Windows 7 Home Premium (64-bit)

Matte White

Memory Size 4 GB

Memory Type - DDR3 SDRAM

Optical Drive - DVD SuperMulti Drive

Screen Size 17.3"

Graphic Card - ATI Mobility Radeon HD 4250 Graphics

USB 2.0 Ports - Hi-Speed USB (USB 2.0) x4

Memory Stick Slot - Memory Stick Duo x1

Wireless LAN, WebCam

15 leagues 3D on med/high.

15 leagues 3D on med/high.

Is that leagues on Full or Background? Also the graphics card, how do you know if it can be upgraded at a later date or not?

This is the other that i have seen is it better or worse than my previous one? The last one was a Sony Vaio

Lenovo IdeaPad G560

Processor: Intel Core i5-430M processor with Intel Turbo Boost Technology (2.26 GHz, 3MB L2 Cache)

Operating System: Genuine Windows 7 Home Premium 64 bit

Display: 15.6 inch WXGA high-definition LED backlight, 16:9 widescreen (1366 x 768)

Graphics: Nvidia Geforce 310M 512 Mb

Memory: 2 Gb DDR3 DRAM 1066 MHz (8 Gb max.)

Hard Drive: 320 Gb 5400 rpm SATA

Optical Drive: DVDRW

Sound: 2 x 2 W stereo speakers with 3D surround sound enhancement

Integrated Communications: Ethernet NIC, Intel WiFi Link 5100 AGN (1 x 2), Lenovo Wireless b/g/n, Bluetooth 2.1

Connectivity: 3 x USB 2.0, VGA, 5-in-1 card reader, HDMI, RJ-45, Mic-in, headphone, Kensington lock

Camera: 0.3MP integrated web camera

Weight: 2.55 Kg

Dimensions: 377 x 245 x 17.3 - 34.9 mm

Battery: 6 cell

Thanks for your help

I'll tell you a few things

1) There is no difference between the 1055T and 1090T (or 1075T 1100T) except different base clock speeds and that 1090T and 1100T is BE.

2) I have seen people do 4.0GHz on the stock cooler. A basic cheap yet very good cooler like "CM Hyper 212+" can even take it near 4.2~4.3. I would recommend near 3.7~3.8 GHz.

3) ASUS M4A88 is good, but it has a 4 phase eps connector. I would get atleast Gigabyte 890GPA-UD3H. 4 phase but with a 8 pin eps connector. Necessary for a 125W TDP CPU (or it might burn).

4) Hexa core is more future proof. Slowly, games, apps and even FM training etc will start utilizing more cores.

5) What I would do is get 1050T (95W edition) and pair it with Gigabyte 880GMA-UD2H if you are on a budget or get the same CPU with Gigabyte 890GPA-UD3H. Both have USB3 and SATA3.

Thanks, Ishu! That's really helpful.

Thinking of this laptop. How many leagues/players etc and will it handle 3D

Samsung RV510

Screen size - 15.6 in - 1366 x 768

Processor - Intel Pentium Dual-Core - 2.1 GHz

RAM - 3 GB

Hard Drive - 320 GB

Operating System - Microsoft Windows 7 Home Premium

Optical Drive - DVD Super Multi DL

Graphics - Intel GMA X4500

What about this instead?

Acer Aspire 5741A 320GB 15.6in Laptop.

CPU and Memory:

Intel Core i3 350M.

2.26GHz processor speed.

3GB DDR3 RAM memory.

320GB SATA hard drive.

Display features:

15.6in display.

Resolution 1366 x 768 pixels.

DVD optical drives: Dual layer.

Graphics: Intel with HD graphics card.

Operating system and software: Microsoft Windows 7 Premium.

Is that leagues on Full or Background? Also the graphics card, how do you know if it can be upgraded at a later date or not?

This is the other that i have seen is it better or worse than my previous one? The last one was a Sony Vaio

Better. 25 leagues.

Upgrade RAM later.

And you can upgrade a laptop graphic card if its not onboard AND its not soldered. Don't bother checking.

What about this instead?

Acer Aspire 5741A 320GB 15.6in Laptop.

CPU and Memory:

Intel Core i3 350M.

2.26GHz processor speed.

3GB DDR3 RAM memory.

320GB SATA hard drive.

Display features:

15.6in display.

DVD optical drives: Dual layer.

Graphics: Intel with HD graphics card.

Operating system and software: Microsoft Windows 7 Premium.

25 leagues 3D on medium.

What about this one?

Emachines E640 Triple Core - £350

CPU and Memory:

AMD Phenom II X3 Triple core N830

2.1GHz processor speed.

3GB DDR3 RAM memory.

250GB SATA hard drive.

Display features:

15.6in display.

DVD optical drives:

Dual layer.

Graphics:

ATI Radeon HD 4250 graphics card with 256MB memory.

Operating system and software:

Microsoft Windows 7 Premium.

Is this graphics card dedicated or shared? I am a novice on this sort of thing.

Cheers

PS what was the performance on the Samsung in my earlier post?

Will the Emachines work okay with FM2011. Especially with the shared graphics card. Am finding it difficult to find a reasonable priced laptop with a dedicated graphics card so thinking of going with the Emachines one. Only be used for general internet browsing and playing FM2011 at work etc. Got a desktop for everything else.

Also, is it easy to transfer saved games between a desktop and a laptop to continue playing the same game?

Hi

Hi i am french and quite a noob so i think these are the info you need on my laptop but i am not sure.

Windows vista 32 bits

Intel core 2 Duo T5550 1,83 Ghz

3 Go Ram

ATI Mobility Radeon X2300

How many leagues, players would you recommend ? And what bout the 3D ?

Thank you for your help.

Hi All. Looking to purchase a new laptop and have my eye on the following. It would only be for Civ 5 and FM really. How many leagues do you think I would be able to run smoothly?

http://www.pcworld.co.uk/gbuk/toshiba-qosmio-x500-149-07787013-pdt.html?srcid=867&xtor=AL-50&istCompanyId=9a35962d-802d-4e67-9721-0a3328ca1f02&istItemId=mrptpqq&istBid=t

Looking at getting it tonight so any feedbacl prior to then would be greatly apprecaited.

Many thanks.

Dave

http://www.play.com/PC/PCs/4-/15517882/Sony-VAIO-EC2-S0E-WI-Core-i5-430M-2-26GHz-6GB-320GB-DVD-SM-17-3-inch-Windows-7-Home-Premium-64-Bit-Laptop-Notebook-White/Product.html?searchstring=sony+vaio&searchtype=allproducts&searchsource=0&urlrefer=search

Thinking of buying the above laptop, I have got an intel quadcore Q6600 2.4GHz with 4GB DDR 2 Ram desktop. I was wondering if there would be a lot of speed difference between this lap top and my desktop

OK so im getting withdrawal from not plaing FM this season, need to buy a new laptop if im going to really commit to it for those late nights when you cant sleep cos you need to play those last few games to save/promote your team.

Im looking to run the big leagues like spain italy england, france germany and possibly scotland, russia and the USA. Belgium will be run in the background as normal!!!!

Im looking at this http://www.amazon.co.uk/Pavilion-DV6-3065EA-Entertainment-Triple-Core-15-6-inch/dp/B003UAIPY0/ref=sr_1_6?s=computers&ie=UTF8&qid=1295024290&sr=1-6

but not sure if it will be enough for it or maybe even too much?

Im just looking for advice on what i would probably need from a laptop to run up to 7 full countries and 1 in the background?

Cheers!

Archived