FM11: The Official Manchester United Thread – Big club seeks rich, caring owner

CPS

• Replies 5.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I used him as a deep-lying forward (support) in a 442, and he scored nearly a goal a game and won World Player, World Footballer, European Footballer and European Striker of the year :thup:

What do you all think is the best way to play Rooney in 11? Been changing his roles around in the pre season....

How do you guys do the central defence?

Im using one (Rio) as a ball playing defender, with stopper settings, and one (Vidic) as central defender with cover settings. Vidic just seems to get skinned easily, and alrdeady he has conceded 2 penalties.

what standard formation people using..? thanks

4-4-2 at home, 4-5-1 away. works fine! :)

How do you guys do the central defence?

Im using one (Rio) as a ball playing defender, with stopper settings, and one (Vidic) as central defender with cover settings. Vidic just seems to get skinned easily, and alrdeady he has conceded 2 penalties.

i have always played them both as Central Defender (Role) with Defend duties, keeping it simple. that should work? :)

Cant even believe people wanted to sell Rooney, hes one of the best player on the game, Ino he has been a dick but still his stats say everything tbh.

I always play FM with my heart, that means buying and playing players i love IRL haha.

but yeah Rooney's stats improved and that's for sure after a tremendous season last year. i am so glad he's decided to stay!

Fabio, Did the demo just stop working ?

I have problems with Steam, it gives me messages like Game not available at this time.

No, mate. It just quits the game, telling me it had to be closed. i posted screenie in official demo thread (page 12 i think). Don't want to go off topic here, so I'll find solution to fix it. Neil Brock is helping me.

I will beat you in awards anyway you know!!

:D

I'd highly recommend Coentrao. He can be signed for around 2.5m and he has brilliant stats for AML and DL. So great cover and eventual replacement for Evra or a great option for left wing.

Only problem was that he chose Marseille over me in my game :mad:

Also, Chicharito is brilliant :)

Rooney is really good too, but 12 dribbling seems low.

You going to bring in Forlan again FMAnderson? :D

I was tempted to get Roque Santa Cruz as he was transfer listed, but didn't want to pay £2.4 million with other players waiting in the wings. I imagine he'd be pretty good backup though.

And lancer, I agree, Coentrao is a bargain for that price. I imagine he'd be the sort of player you could buy for £3million then sell the following season for upwards of £10million.

Has anyone else tried asking the board for more money? I did and they gave me an extra £8M.

I bought Dzeko for £26M. Probably could get him for cheaper but it's only the demo. I then Bought Bale for £34M! Crazy money I know but I really wanted to buy him. I wanted Kagawa too but he wouldn't come after agreeing a £20M deal. The annoying thing about it all was that I was playing the game early but it crashed before I could save it. On that save I bought Ashley Young for £5.25M but when I tried to buy him again Villa wouldn't sell.

Dzeko's been awesome so far. 4 goals in 2 games and Bale scored on his debut too.

bought cassano (insane stats!) for 15m upfront and 2.5m over 48 months which is pretty much the entire budget. that italian s.o.a.b. went and broke his arm in the 1st friendly game!! :(

that said, i'm having problems playing berbatov as the focal point in a 4-3-3. rooney inside-forward on the left of him and nani winger on the right of him. the front 3 aren't linking up that well... and largely ineffective in some of the games. often have to switch to a simpler 4-4-2 formation mid-game... mmmm.

Brought Hamsik 27M, Neymar 28.5M, Sanchez 23M, Sissoko f 19 M, Lukaku 14m, Diego Renan 20M(total 132M)..... luckily all worked with a avg rating of 7+ in 6 games......

still thinking of a GK....

But a really big question.... how do you guys get them so cheap....

mahamadou diarra available for 1.8m, surely that's a bargain? also gago available cheap, maybe 2-3m from look of it. A lot of players gone to madrid and flopped, so good place to look, also City, if they spend more on the game, should have a few players they want to offload.

Played as Man U just to get used to the demo, already finished, just shows why I can't start with big teams any more on FM, it's too easy! Leading the league by 10 points, through to League Cup Semi and topped my Champions League group. Gonna play another 1 as Blackpool for a challenge...

First 11 (flat 4 4 2, attacking)

LLoris

Brown

Rio

Vidic

Evra

Nani

Hamsik

Fletcher

Bale

Rooney

Vagner Love

k1ypvt.jpg

hey ive done a save with man utd nd i noticed that its hard to offload players , you just get loan offers... how did u raise funds for hamsik, bale and vagner lover probs costing you 60 mil + all up? ++ LLORIS surely 80 odd mil all up!?!?

EDIT:

i made some good signings

FREY ( 8.75 mil bargain)

PASTORE (25 mil)

lukaku ( 7.5)

Neymar ( 15 mil)

kadlec (2.5 mil bargain)

L galeano ( 3.6 mil bigger bargain

most of those players are all ready to be in the first team to be honest

i got rid of park ji sung and a few others on loan, cudn't sell berba owen nd a few others, kept getting loan bids

Brought Hamsik 27M, Neymar 28.5M, Sanchez 23M, Sissoko f 19 M, Lukaku 14m, Diego Renan 20M(total 132M)..... luckily all worked with a avg rating of 7+ in 6 games......

still thinking of a GK....

But a really big question.... how do you guys get them so cheap....

YOU OVERPAID FOR ALL OF THEM!!! sanchez u can get for 10 mil, neymar 15, lukaku 7.5.... how did u raise 132 mil in funds??? nd if u need a gk frey cost me 8.75mil

how has sanchez been for you guys? choosing between elia, sanchez and hazard

u should get either elia or hazard as they are left-sided while sanchez is primarily right sided. Nani and Valencia both prefer to play on the right too so yeah get elia or hazard! i am for Hazard though (:

yes rooney and chicharito are also a good partnership. i set rooney as a deep lying forward surport and chicharito as a poacher and both are scoring regularly. also has the added bonus of using backups like berbatov to cover rooney as he is very good as deep lying forward support as well as both owen and macheda playing the poachers role

Anyone bought Rodwell?

He has been brilliant for me in the holding role, with 3 goals, 1 assist and 3 MOMs in 6 starts, including two screamers! and most importantly, he's english <3

anyway, i still can't screenshot properly! anyone encountered the same problem? :(

Not boght Rodwell yet and not sure if i will this year as Fletcher looks very good on FM11. I have never been Fletchers biggest fan but im slowly appreciating what he gives us so will keep him on this version. On my 1st man utd demo game Fletcher was one of my best players playing box to box midfielder also. Going to start my 2nd demo save with man utd a bit later today as i always use the 1st one as a test of what players are decent so end up signing way too many just to see what they are like.

On the 2nd one ill use that to figure out who i want to keep come the full version and ill sign the players also that id like to make my 1st signings once the full game comes out:

GK: Akinfeev

DR/L: Renan

DC: Not decided yet so open to suggestions and looking for a great young prospect

MC: Hamsik & Paolo Henrique

AML: Coentrao

ST: Lukaku

ill also probably sign one or two good youngsters such as verratti as i loved him in FM10 and no doubt ill try and sell the usual players in Park, O'Shea, Brown, Gibson & probably Owen & Carrick.

Nani has been on fire for me :D Definately going to keep him on the left and look for a right winger, I've bought Suarez on the demo and he's doing ok.

I would really like to get Lukaku but with Hernandez and Macheda I don't see the need, even though he would be better I want to stick with the current players. I might buy just to see and if he gets super good in the first season I will have to make him fit in, surely worth a punt at £7m.

So far so good :thup:

I managed to sell a few players such as park for £9m and Gibson for £4m, mutually terminated some players on a free such as Owen, Neville and Scholes, got Berbatov & O'Shea out on loan and off the wage bill etc. Then I went to the board room and moved all the excess wages I'd saved over to my transfer budget, so had around £50-60m to spend after that.

Then just signed those players I mentioned on 48 month deals, where it only takes a quarter of their fee out of your budget, they cost about £90m combined so that only took £22.5m out of my budget ;-)

hey ive done a save with man utd nd i noticed that its hard to offload players , you just get loan offers... how did u raise funds for hamsik, bale and vagner lover probs costing you 60 mil + all up? ++ LLORIS surely 80 odd mil all up!?!?

EDIT:

i made some good signings

FREY ( 8.75 mil bargain)

PASTORE (25 mil)

lukaku ( 7.5)

Neymar ( 15 mil)

kadlec (2.5 mil bargain)

L galeano ( 3.6 mil bigger bargain

most of those players are all ready to be in the first team to be honest

i got rid of park ji sung and a few others on loan, cudn't sell berba owen nd a few others, kept getting loan bids

Part the way through the demo. Nani and Valencia on the wings are playing amazingly well. I've got Rooney and Hernandez up front and they're banging them in for fun. Leaking some goals though, and my centre midfielders need a bit of tweaking. Overall, it seems as if this is the team for me.

Bought Sanchez - Doing okay, although really being used as backup for now

Hamsik - Real potential taking over the Scholes role

Thiago - Again, great potential, shall be working on giving him chances whenever I can

Frey - Primarily backup to van der Sar at first, but I think I'll rotate them more. VDS is still awesome right now

Sold Park, but a few others are on the transfer list like O'Shea, Gibson and Brown (requested a transfer because I transfer listed O'Shea)

I managed to sell a few players such as park for £9m and Gibson for £4m, mutually terminated some players on a free such as Owen, Neville and Scholes, got Berbatov & O'Shea out on loan and off the wage bill etc. Then I went to the board room and moved all the excess wages I'd saved over to my transfer budget, so had around £50-60m to spend after that.

Then just signed those players I mentioned on 48 month deals, where it only takes a quarter of their fee out of your budget, they cost about £90m combined so that only took £22.5m out of my budget ;-)

oh well nice, but the only questionable thing about that is HOW THE **** DID U SELL PARK FOR 9 mil, in the full game, when playing with more active leagues etc. it will be easy to sell but still im struggeling to sell park for 4.... and in the full game im not sure that ill be doing 48 month deals but in the demo it doesn't mean nything.

Surprising to see Nani on fire for a few of you all out there, he's playing like how he was at the beginning of last season: frustrating :(

Valencia, Chicharito and Fletcher are on fire though :D Fletch is playing like Tim Cahill, arriving late to head home crosses from valencia \o/

oh and i think everyone should buy jack rodwell to toughen the central midfield <3

Surprising to see Nani on fire for a few of you all out there, he's playing like how he was at the beginning of last season: frustrating :(

Valencia, Chicharito and Fletcher are on fire though :D Fletch is playing like Tim Cahill, arriving late to head home crosses from valencia \o/

oh and i think everyone should buy jack rodwell to toughen the central midfield <3

Try Nani as an attacking winger and have him cutting inside, he has scored a couple of belters from outside the box and has got on the end of a few deep crosses for me.

I made a bid for mr Rodwell because he looks like a real talent this year and I like to get the best English players, but his wage demands put me off :( so I cancelled the talks.

anyone realised it's very easy to get sending-offs in this version? i have like 4 red cards already in 9 games?

Ive had the same, many red cards and yellow one sin abundance.. Dont know if they make the aggresive tacklin setting more aggresive?

I normally used agressive tackling, and set personal instructions on opposite players to hard tackle on them, but seems might have to use it more wisely.

Aston Villa bought Park off me for £9m, I transfer listed & offered him out to clubs on the very first day of the demo, maybe that helped, ie it was before teams had a chance to spend their money? Also I think it was a 48month offer from them, which again means only a quarter comes out of their budget for the season.

Btw, are u setting him to not needed etc?

oh well nice, but the only questionable thing about that is HOW THE **** DID U SELL PARK FOR 9 mil, in the full game, when playing with more active leagues etc. it will be easy to sell but still im struggeling to sell park for 4.... and in the full game im not sure that ill be doing 48 month deals but in the demo it doesn't mean nything.

I managed to sell Park for £4.5m upfront, to Villa. Bit low, but I'm happy with it as he isn't the type of player I use (not good enough for CM, and I play with Inside Forwards with at least decent finishing stats)

Also sold Gibson for £4.5m upfront, also to Villa.

O'Shea, Owen, Anderson, Carrick... can't get rid of them, try as I might :(

Try Nani as an attacking winger and have him cutting inside, he has scored a couple of belters from outside the box and has got on the end of a few deep crosses for me.

I made a bid for mr Rodwell because he looks like a real talent this year and I like to get the best English players, but his wage demands put me off :( so I cancelled the talks.

i played him exactly the way you did but he's missing sitters from deep crosses and he's ballooning long shots! He only scored a brilliant freekick for me, will keep faith in him! Haven't bought any wingers but Bebe is doing well for me as back-up :) and Rodwell's worth the moneyy!

Ive had the same, many red cards and yellow one sin abundance.. Dont know if they make the aggresive tacklin setting more aggresive?

I normally used agressive tackling, and set personal instructions on opposite players to hard tackle on them, but seems might have to use it more wisely.

i supposed so, i am using the same tactics as last season but i am getting far too many sending-offs :(

Anyone looking to replace giggs should look to buy fabio coentrao. he is extremely good and only cost between £3m-£4m which is a bargain. Im using him as a winger attack in the AML position and has 3 goals and 6 assists in 7 games. Add to that he can play the DL role naturally also means you have good cover.

Archived