FM 2011 Olympique Lyonnais Thread - Allez Lyon!

McGougan33

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

You are too kind. :D

It's coming together though, still writing a lot of the team analysis, which takes ages. Writing is the easy part though, the main challenge for a thread like PSG is gaining people's interest and trying to sustain some activity...

Lyon, year on year, has no such problem. :p

Spending my weekend playing with Lyon on the demo. Lyon will be the team I'll play with when the game is released.

I first created a tactic, took some hours. With this tactic the players are blending very well. It's a balanced 4-2-3-1 formation with specific instructions on all players. Michel Bastos, Toulalan, Källström, López and Gourcuff has all been fantastic.

As a partner to Cris in the central defence I brought in the experienced defensive midfielder Gilberto Silva. The fans love him! Despite being 33 years old he performs very well. Heading 15, Marking 17, Tackling 15, Positioning 18, Jumping 17, Strength 16, Anticipation 18, Bravery 16, Composure 16, Determination 15, Influence 17, First Touch 16.

Games played 13, games won 11, games draw 1, games lost 1, goals scored 36, goals conceded 7.

Also performed very well in the Champions League.

Lyon - Barcelona 2-0. 13 shots, 47% possession.

Schalke - Lyon 0-5. 15 shots, 55% possession.

Lyon - Twente 4-0. 20 shots, 62% possession.

Can't wait till the game!

Spending my weekend playing with Lyon on the demo. Lyon will be the team I'll play with when the game is released.

I first created a tactic, took some hours. With this tactic the players are blending very well. It's a balanced 4-2-3-1 formation with specific instructions on all players. Michel Bastos, Toulalan, Källström, López and Gourcuff has all been fantastic.

As a partner to Cris in the central defence I brought in the experienced defensive midfielder Gilberto Silva. The fans love him! Despite being 33 years old he performs very well. Heading 15, Marking 17, Tackling 15, Positioning 18, Jumping 17, Strength 16, Anticipation 18, Bravery 16, Composure 16, Determination 15, Influence 17, First Touch 16.

Games played 13, games won 11, games draw 1, games lost 1, goals scored 36, goals conceded 7.

Also performed very well in the Champions League.

Lyon - Barcelona 2-0. 13 shots, 47% possession.

Schalke - Lyon 0-5. 15 shots, 55% possession.

Lyon - Twente 4-0. 20 shots, 62% possession.

Can't wait till the game!

Good results there mate, your faring better than i was anyway :thup:

How do you find your results against lower teams, as i was beating all the big teams and struggling against the little teams!

And yeah i agree with Tigertime there, good idea :)

How do you find your results against lower teams, as i was beating all the big teams and struggling against the little teams!

I have had good results against lower and decent teams actually:

Caen - Lyon 1-3

Lyon - Brest 2-0

Lyon - Valenciennes 5-0

Nancy - Lyon 0-1

Arles-Avignon - Lyon 1-4

Lyon - Sochaux 5-1

Lens - Lyon 0-1

Lyon - Monaco 2-0

Bordeaux - Lyon 1-3

Lyon - Saint-Etienne 2-0

Rennais - Lyon 0-1

I also draw at home vs Lille 2-2. I had 18 shots and they had 3 shots. Just unlucky.

...to start again with a new formation and tactics, just going to keep trying tactics until i get one i like for the game!

What tactic / formation do you have in mind?

I have had success with the 4-2-3-1 formation. Just want some more possession.

lyon11.png

General Strategies

Philosophy: Balanced

Starting Strategy: Control

I normally start a game like this. After about 20 minutes I do some changes. Changing the strategy depending on opposition.

Also, Lisandro López is scoring for fun!

What about tutoring? Any advices?

Ishak Belfodil

Harry Novillo

Clément Grenier

Alexandre Lacazette

Thimothée Kolodzieczak

Nicolas Seguin

Jérémy Pied

Thomas Fontaine

Sébastien Faure

Enzo Réale

Saïd Mehamha

Grégoire Puel

I like Clément Grenier and want him to become a great player for Lyon. Maybe Yoann Gourcuff or Jérémy Toulalan to tutor him? Alexandre Lacazette - Jimmy Briand?

What about tutoring? Any advices?

Ishak Belfodil

Harry Novillo

Clément Grenier

Alexandre Lacazette

Thimothée Kolodzieczak

Nicolas Seguin

Jérémy Pied

Thomas Fontaine

Sébastien Faure

Enzo Réale

Saïd Mehamha

Grégoire Puel

I like Clément Grenier and want him to become a great player for Lyon. Maybe Yoann Gourcuff or Jérémy Toulalan to tutor him? Alexandre Lacazette - Jimmy Briand?

I would have Pjanic tutor Grenier, then Gourcuff tutor Pjanic! And yes Briand for Lacazette or Lopez

I see the usual Lyon players are quite ready for FM11. I'm gonna join you then :)

TigerTime =>Well, they're 14th, that's right, but that's now much better than at the start of the season (17th two games ago). Before this crappy game against Avignon, they were on a four-games winning streak. And first in CL group with 9 points ;)

Getting back to FM, it seems that OL youngs are very very promising this year, we won't have to buy good substitutes anymore, we already have them in the club! I think I'm gonna go with the traditional Lyon 4-3-3.

I see the usual Lyon players are quite ready for FM11. I'm gonna join you then :)

TigerTime =>Well, they're 14th, that's right, but that's now much better than at the start of the season (17th two games ago). Before this crappy game against Avignon, they were on a four-games winning streak. And first in CL group with 9 points ;)

Getting back to FM, it seems that OL youngs are very very promising this year, we won't have to buy good substitutes anymore, we already have them in the club! I think I'm gonna go with the traditional Lyon 4-3-3.

See i went with the 4-3-3 come 4-5-1 first time around and i didnt do to well at all!

However i changed to a 4-2-3-1 and well you shall see the results shortly

The 't' button on my laptop is quite temperemental, so if theres one missing you no why!! :(

What tactic / formation do you have in mind?

I have had success with the 4-2-3-1 formation. Just want some more possession.

lyon11.png

General Strategies

Philosophy: Balanced

Starting Strategy: Control

I normally start a game like this. After about 20 minutes I do some changes. Changing the strategy depending on opposition.

Also, Lisandro López is scoring for fun!

Identical tactic to what I use, but my philosophy is fluid other than that everything is the same

Archived