FM 2011 Olympique Lyonnais Thread - Allez Lyon!

McGougan33

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
That many problems McG?

Yeah and i found something else last night although being worse for wear, i cant remember what it is!! :(

It's good to be back :)

Have spent all weekend perfecting (hopefully!) a tactic in readiness for my Lyon save.

Will be starting tonight, can't wait :cool:

Welcom back mate

My internets down atm, so until i get it fixed i wont get the chance to get on , i shall however nick upto my dads every now and then to have a gander :D

I just read "saved game will be compatible." / Steve Cox

I was also thinking about wait and start a new game when the fixes is done, but don't think it's to many actually. So I will play on.

When is this fix coming out or did they just say there working on it? I'm on my phone so everything takes longer to see :(

Okay I don't get this.

When I offer my players a new contract esp. the younger one:

Wage after reaching club career league games.

after 20 games 125,000 euro a month and this is for Kolod...

So this actually mean when they play 20 league games they get this wage?

Okay I don't get this.

That is what it means :(

Just try taking it out of the negotiations or lowering it significantly.

I have finalised my transfers for the season ahead with the last ditch signing of Lukaku.

OlympiqueLyonnaisTransfers_History-1.png

The season has started very well, including a great win at Bordeaux.

OlympiqueLyonnaisOlympiqueLyonnais_Fixtures-1.png

Michel Bastos has been in stunning form, but has just suffered a broken collarbone and is out for 2 months :(

MichelBastosProfile_Attributes.png

Good transfers there Spike and a great start to the season :thup:

Thanks batty1 :thup:

Great start Spike.

Cheers Purefun :thup:

Masilela is an absolute steal, makes a very solid back-up to Cissokho.

I have an option on Fazio for £2m which I will probably take up!

Lyon - out of the Champions League!

In my last game against Inter I needed a win or a draw to qualify from the group. 1-0 to Inter, but in the last kick of the game I get a penalty! Lopez to take it... the ball hit the woodwork and bounced clear... Lyon out of the cup. Just so annoying.

Started my game yesterday evening.

Hate those agents but will find away around that. Read make it cheaper.

Not did much tbh. Just some analysis of what to do with the team and such.

A highlight however is that I found my urge to get into it again. Hell yeah addiction here I come.

Okay I don't get this.

Yes it does, so take it right out!

Lyon - out of the Champions League!

In my last game against Inter I needed a win or a draw to qualify from the group. 1-0 to Inter, but in the last kick of the game I get a penalty! Lopez to take it... the ball hit the woodwork and bounced clear... Lyon out of the cup. Just so annoying.

Gutted for you mate :(

So time for a wee update since i didnt get a chance to do it at the start of the season.

Season 2 already has been full of ups and downs! Lost the European Super Cup 1-0 to Sporting Lisbon with there keeper having the game of his life!

Transfers 1

Transfers 2

Mid Season Ligue 1

Okayama FC`s best player

So going strong domestically this year, very strong actually, still in both cups and leading the league, already scoring more than i did at this point last season, and conceeding less. I think the key there in defence was the acquisition of Mertesacker, i identified last season that i was getting beaten in the air far to often and that was why i conceeded so many. But far and away the best purchase was Matias Ezequiel Schelotto on a free from Cesena - The guy has ran the right wing ragged for me so far! Scoring and Assisting in quantity and quality!

Topped my Cl Group the 2nd season in a row with Fiorentina coming 2nd, Drew Roma in the first knockout round, who i thrashed last season in the Cl Semi finals.

The one thing thats bugging me the most about this season is the Club World Championship! Somehow after dominating Okayama FC and San Lorenzo i lost both matches coming last in the cup! As you can see from the screenie at the top, there best player is pretty pathetic and the entire team is greyed out, so i should have spanked them! But Alas 2 european trophys missing this season, the biggie to aim for again! And time to retake the league!!!!!!!

Following my transfer windfall I've got the following players joining in January :cool:

Philippe Mexes - £5m

Steven Defour - £6m

Marouane Chamakh - £8.25m (unhappy at Arsenal)

Will cancel Diakhate's loan & sell Gomis (nearly £110k in wages per week between them).

Mexes is much more buyable this year. Anywhere from £5m - £10m seems to get Roma talking. Good news.

I've got him coming in January for £5m :)

He is out of contract at the end of the first season so you may possibly be able to get him on a free transfer.

Alright then, so Season 3 as Lyon coach certainly was a season to remember! Dominating across the entire board, and spanking a fair few big names on the way also :D

Literally a rapid fire update, as i dont have time to upload screenies etc!

Domestic Treble in the bag, Ligue 1 with a massive 100 points :D, And won the CL against Barcelona 2-0, without, BSGM :(

Will post screenies etc when i get the chance :thup:

You fly threw your saves man. :eek:

Agreed :D

Its alright for these youngsters with little responsibility eh mate?

I do have plenty of responsibilities ma man, just changing jobs, so i have a couple of free weeks, where i may aswell get into my game as much as i can, as after that i cant :(

Its alright for these youngsters with little responsibility eh mate?

You make me feel old(er).

---

As for Lyon, going to restart my save. I loaded Belgian league as playable, want it on view however and want to load all belgian players.

Far enough into my save that I can have a little rant now.

Not much transfer news. Loaned out a few youngsters and brought in Pires on a free to tutor youngsters and captain the side in cup games, etc. The only player that's caught my eye for the future is the young Griezmann of Sociedad. Looking at 15M for him though, which is a bit steep.

Bit hit and miss in the league at the moment as I'm playing about with tactics. Going on decent winning runs followed by decent blips. Started the Champions league badly too with two losses to Dinamo and Roma, before turning it around with 3 wins (Anderlecht home and away *sorry Purefun* and Dinamo away) and a draw at home to Roma (with the kids playing I might add.) Finished second in the end.

Playing a fluid 4-5-1 passing game that presses opponents high up the pitch and looks to get the ball back quickly for counters. Will let people know how I get on.

I love this thread! Thanks to some of the stuff I've seen on here I decided to have a go at Lyon for the first time in a few years and I'm loving it. Thought I'd an update:

I'm playing a fairly simple formation, 4 across the back with FBs on support, one DM, 2 CM (one playing as CM, support, the other as advanced playmaker, attack), an AML and AMR and a lone striker usually set to advanced forward. If I want to go more attacking I have another formation set up which sacrifices the CM for a another striker and a couple of other tweaks.

At the start of the game I revamped my staff a bit and gave contracts to the youngsters, who I have decided I will use as mush as possible even if they aren't quite ready yet! I sold Gomis to Liverpool for £4.3m (although I still have to pay some of his wages), Makoun for £4.6m to CSKA and Delgado to Man City for £2m. I got all the fees up front which I was pleased with. I also terminated Diakhate's loan to reduce the wage bill. I then bought Lugano for £3m over 48 monhts and Fazio for £525k, for further DC cover I got Bassong on loan (all after seeing stuff about them in this thread!). I bought in cover for the wings by getting Buonanotte for £2m over 48 months and splashed out on Defour to rotate around the CM/DM position (£7.5m over 48 months). I wanted cover for Lopez as, although the 2 youngsters look quality they are probably too young to rely on. Initially I got Roque Santa Cruz on loan but he played 3 pre-season games and got a knock in all of them so I sent him back and picked up Nolan Roux for £6m over 48 months (they negotiated harder than I expected!). Finally, I got a young Korean lad DC on a free. In December I now have a steady and healthy £35m in the bank and I have had my budget upped to £12.5m (I increased the wage bill to take a bit out or it would have been higher).

Results have been simply amazing. I played 8 pre-season games, including a tour of Scotland and won all 8 without conceding. I then went my 1st 10 competitive games without conceding, winning 8 and drawing 2. I'm now in December and in the league I'm played 17, won 14, drawn 3 having conceded only 6 goals. I've got l'OM away next having already beaten Bordeaux, St Ettiene, Monaco, Toulouse, Lens... Only domestic defeat so far came at Montpellier in the Coupe de la League 1-0 but I got revenge in the league with a Lopez hat triack in a 3-0 away win. I've drawn them at home in the Cup now as well.

In the CL I got Bayern, Kobenhavn and Rubin. I drew 0-0 at home to Bayern in the first game, I was the better side but Lugano got sent off early in the 2nd half so was fairly happy, even more so after I beat Rubin 3-0 away. I was pretty shocked to lose 2-0 at Kobenhavn and their coach had a rant at me in the press so I was happy to beat them 2-0 at home but it should have been a lot more. That left me 2nd on 7 points, behind Bayern who had qualified with 10 and the other 2 level on 3 points. Took an early lead in Bayern but Kroos leveled in the 95th minute. The other game was a draw though, so I qualified. In the last game I played all the youngesters. Vercoutre, Gassama, Kolod, Lovren, Fazio, Gonalons, Grenier, Bounanotte, Novillo, Lacazette, Belfodil did me proud winning 3-0 against Rubin with Belfodil and Laca tearing them apart. To cap it off Bayern lost so I topped the group.

Injuries have meant the youngsters have played a lot. Bastos, Briand, Roux, Toulalan, Cissokho have all had up to 2 months out so far.

Sorry for the long post but I wanted to share cos I am loving it. Can't wait to get home and take on l'OM. Oh, and I've been offered Gervinho for £6m but Briand's top form and Pied also being quality so far mean that I'm not going to compete with Barca, Chelsea, Man Utd and Milan who have all bid for him.

Well boo to you. :(

---

Pressing high up, does that work well in the CL?

Mixed results really. Worked really well against Roma at home, where we were pressuring the defence into launching long balls to Vucinic which we dealt with well. We were unlucky away, losing 1-0.

I don't think it could be kept up for a full match and I tend to ease off around the 60 minute mark, where hopefully we've done enough.

Did anyone make changes to there coaching staff at the start of the season?

I just hired a load of scouts. For free of course.

Now looking into coaches.

I did this! Upgraded everyone, and got in 18 scouts over the course of the season, thats how many you need to scout every region in the world!

I love this thread! Thanks to some of the stuff I've seen on here I decided to have a go at Lyon for the first time in a few years and I'm loving it. Thought I'd an update:

I'm playing a fairly simple formation, 4 across the back with FBs on support, one DM, 2 CM (one playing as CM, support, the other as advanced playmaker, attack), an AML and AMR and a lone striker usually set to advanced forward. If I want to go more attacking I have another formation set up which sacrifices the CM for a another striker and a couple of other tweaks.

At the start of the game I revamped my staff a bit and gave contracts to the youngsters, who I have decided I will use as mush as possible even if they aren't quite ready yet! I sold Gomis to Liverpool for £4.3m (although I still have to pay some of his wages), Makoun for £4.6m to CSKA and Delgado to Man City for £2m. I got all the fees up front which I was pleased with. I also terminated Diakhate's loan to reduce the wage bill. I then bought Lugano for £3m over 48 monhts and Fazio for £525k, for further DC cover I got Bassong on loan (all after seeing stuff about them in this thread!). I bought in cover for the wings by getting Buonanotte for £2m over 48 months and splashed out on Defour to rotate around the CM/DM position (£7.5m over 48 months). I wanted cover for Lopez as, although the 2 youngsters look quality they are probably too young to rely on. Initially I got Roque Santa Cruz on loan but he played 3 pre-season games and got a knock in all of them so I sent him back and picked up Nolan Roux for £6m over 48 months (they negotiated harder than I expected!). Finally, I got a young Korean lad DC on a free. In December I now have a steady and healthy £35m in the bank and I have had my budget upped to £12.5m (I increased the wage bill to take a bit out or it would have been higher).

Results have been simply amazing. I played 8 pre-season games, including a tour of Scotland and won all 8 without conceding. I then went my 1st 10 competitive games without conceding, winning 8 and drawing 2. I'm now in December and in the league I'm played 17, won 14, drawn 3 having conceded only 6 goals. I've got l'OM away next having already beaten Bordeaux, St Ettiene, Monaco, Toulouse, Lens... Only domestic defeat so far came at Montpellier in the Coupe de la League 1-0 but I got revenge in the league with a Lopez hat triack in a 3-0 away win. I've drawn them at home in the Cup now as well.

In the CL I got Bayern, Kobenhavn and Rubin. I drew 0-0 at home to Bayern in the first game, I was the better side but Lugano got sent off early in the 2nd half so was fairly happy, even more so after I beat Rubin 3-0 away. I was pretty shocked to lose 2-0 at Kobenhavn and their coach had a rant at me in the press so I was happy to beat them 2-0 at home but it should have been a lot more. That left me 2nd on 7 points, behind Bayern who had qualified with 10 and the other 2 level on 3 points. Took an early lead in Bayern but Kroos leveled in the 95th minute. The other game was a draw though, so I qualified. In the last game I played all the youngesters. Vercoutre, Gassama, Kolod, Lovren, Fazio, Gonalons, Grenier, Bounanotte, Novillo, Lacazette, Belfodil did me proud winning 3-0 against Rubin with Belfodil and Laca tearing them apart. To cap it off Bayern lost so I topped the group.

Injuries have meant the youngsters have played a lot. Bastos, Briand, Roux, Toulalan, Cissokho have all had up to 2 months out so far.

Sorry for the long post but I wanted to share cos I am loving it. Can't wait to get home and take on l'OM. Oh, and I've been offered Gervinho for £6m but Briand's top form and Pied also being quality so far mean that I'm not going to compete with Barca, Chelsea, Man Utd and Milan who have all bid for him.

First of all Welcome mate, Secondly i love the first comment, see chaps now thats respect :p

Excellent results there mate, the only thing im not so keen on is the amount of transfers done over 48 months ( unless your only doing this for the first season ) as believe me it comes back to bite you in the ass, that and wages combined put me 30 mil in the red in the 3rd season so be careful :)

Archived