FM 2011 Olympique Lyonnais Thread - Allez Lyon!

McGougan33

Good report, and I agree with edgar555, 12 goals conceded is ridiculous! Pity Lisandro hasn't fired for you, he was like that for me on FM10 but has been better, if somewhat inconsistent, on this version. IMO Belfodil is better than Tafer so I would keep him.

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Just been offered 15m for Reveilliere from Man City. Should I accept or decline?

I have just startd a save with Lyon on the 11.3 patch so looking forward to it but this has stunned me. If I decline will that unsettle him though?

.... and more importantly who would I replace him with at RB if I sold him?!

Would appreciate some help , thanks guys. :)

IMO Belfodil is better than Tafer so I would keep him.
I'd also keep Belfodil.

Long term I am keeping Belfodil and Tafer. It's just for next season I have a new striker joining, meaning I will have 5 strikers, 7 if you count Briand and Lacazette, although they both play out wide more. I have had past eperience with Tafer and know how good he can be, so there is no way I am even going to consider selling him, or any of my other strikers for that matter.

How much goals/assists did Juninho get, seeing he scored a couple of important ones.

He got 4 goals and 3 assists from 10 appearances.

ROESIDER- Definitely sell, Reveillere is fairly good but nothing special, Gassama is as good as him by the second season (despite poor stats), so you could even just look for someone short-term.

tomtuck- Fair enough, I just meant if I was going to loan one out it would be Tafer, though I suppose he was already at Toulouse for the first season.

Just reached Christmas in my second season, so will post an update soon.

Season 2 mid-season report

League

So far, things have gone more smoothly than last season, as you can see from the league table that follows, we sit 11 points top at Christmas, having only lost once in the league. This defeat came at home to the much-improved PSG in about the 4th game of the season, we dominated but unfortunately missed too many chances in a 2-1 loss. I don't like to tempt fate, but the league should be sewn up already really.

S2xmastable.jpg

Other competitions

We were drawn alongside Barcelona, Rubin Kazan and Austria Vienna in a reasonably tough Champions League group. We started off with 5 victories, including an excellent 3-1 in the Nou Camp, but Barcelona had also won all their remaining games and we lost 3-1 at the Gerland in our final group game, leaving us to finish second in the group. Unfortunately Lisandro missed an 80-something-th minute penalty which would have had us top on the head-to-head rule. The First Knockout Round draw has paired us with one of Lyon's European rivals of recent years, Bayern Munich, so we will see how that goes. We are out of the Coupe de la Ligue, losing at home to Marseille 2-1 after ET thanks to 2 lucky goals for them in the 4th round, my second-string players performed well though. We will play Nice in the first playable round of the French Cup.

S2xmasCL.jpg

Players

Top of the ratings so far have been Bastos, Pastore, Rami, Lisandro, Gourcuff and Mexes (in that order), with Lisandro and Bastos the 2 players to have scored more than 10 goals. I have rotated the squad to some degree, with a few virtual ever-presents. Suárez had troubles settling into the area initially and started slowly so I gave him time away from the club (accidentally, I didn't realise he would be away for a month!), but since he's been back has picked up and scored more goals. Khedira has impressed, I prefer him to Toulalan in the holding midfielders role now.

Hopefully the rest of the season will go to plan anyway, I will post a further update at the end of the season...

randommagician - A good first half of the season. You score alot more goals than my side does! Seems you were unlucky in the Coupe de la Ligue seen as you had a weakened side out. As for the Champions League, great win away at Barcelona!

As you said yourself, the title should be sewn up really.

----------------------------

In my save I have just played my first Ligue 1 game of the season, and never have I had a more emphatic opening day win.

Just been offered 15m for Reveilliere from Man City. Should I accept or decline?

I have just startd a save with Lyon on the 11.3 patch so looking forward to it but this has stunned me. If I decline will that unsettle him though?

.... and more importantly who would I replace him with at RB if I sold him?!

Would appreciate some help , thanks guys. :)

Yes thats a very good price. Cassani?

He got 4 goals and 3 assists from 10 appearances.

Thats very good.

Season 2 mid-season report

Hopefully the rest of the season will go to plan anyway, I will post a further update at the end of the season...

I don't see this going bad mate. Unless of course you have a major injurycrisis. :D

In my save I have just played my first Ligue 1 game of the season, and never have I had a more emphatic opening day win.

Impressive.

When Lloris got injured just before a couple of big games, who did I turn too? Nope not Vercoutre (I don't trust him) I turned to young Jack Butland who started and made his full debut in a 1-0 away win over Bordeaux. Lloris was still out for the derby game against St Etienne so I started Butland again and we won 2-1. (not much Butland could do about the goal, was down to some botched marking at a corner by defence). Butland made his 3rd appearance against Celtic in the champions league which we won 4-1 (again Butland not at fault for the goal, was **** poor marking at a corner again).

The Champions League group stages are about to start, so it is of course time for my post summer transfer window/start of season update.

The summer transfer window has been relatively busy, with players coming and going. The squad is bigger than it ought to be aswell, but with the deals I have done I've almost come to a point where I won't need to sign any players for a good few seasons!

Please enjoy the read.

Transfer Activity

A total of 8 players joined the club during the transfer window, with 10 leavnig either on permanent or loan deals. All but one of the players I bought are in their teenage years, so I am definitely looking long term. The one that wasn't, was a second/third choice goalkeeper!

Players Out;

John Mensah - £4million - Monaco

Cesar Delgado - £1.7million - Real Sociedad

Lioc Abenzoar - £1.5million - Lens

Johan Hartock - £525k - Valenciennes

Xavier Chavalerin - £140k - Strasbourg

Kerfala Sampil - Released

Enzo Reale and Said Mehamha - Loan - Metz

Ishak Belfodil - Loan - Werder Bremen

Sebastien Faure - Loan - Clermont Foot

None of the players that were sold were needed as they simply weren't good enough. I would have kept Cesar Delgado as a squad player, but I have so many young players in the squad who I would prefer to blood into the team.

As for the loan players, I definitely see a place for three of them at the club in future, (Reale, Mehamha, Belfodil), and maybe a back-up/squad player spot for the other loanee (Faure).

Players In;

Raphael Varane - £10million (£3.5million upfront, with £6.5million over 48months, plus 10% profit of next sale) - Lens

Romelu Lukaku - £6.5million (Plus 20% profit of next sale) - Anderlecht

Serge Aurier - £2.5million - Lens

Thorgan Hazard - £1million (Plus 25% profit of next sale) - Lens

Darnel Situ - £800k - Lens

Alexandre Coeff - Free - Lens

Benoit Costil - Free - Sedan

Paul-Jose M'Poku - Free - Tottenham

As you can see, I purged Lens of a few of their good young players after their relegation. Raphael Varane I feel I overspent a bit on, and given that his agent hates me, I had to give him a fortune in wages and signing on fee's. But nevertheless I anticipate him being a future captain of the club.

Of the others, only Romelu Lukaku and Serge Aurier will be involved alot this season, and even Aurier's involvement will be limited due to him sustaining a broken leg in a pre-season game. The other are all for the future and back-up for this season, while Costil is the second/third choice goalkeeper.

First Team Squad

As I mentioned before, I have a few too many players in and around my first team squad.

Goalkeepers;

1.Hugo Lloris

30.Remy Vercoutre

34.Benoit Costil

Defenders;

2.Lamine Gassama

3.Cris - Captain

4.Raphael Varane

5.Dejan Lovren

12.Thimothee Kolodzieczak

13.Anthony Réveillère

14.Serge Aurier

20.Aly Cissokho

26.Manoel

Midfielders;

6.Kim Källström

8.Miralem Pjanić

10.Ederson

11.Michel Bastos

21.Maxime Gonalons

23.Juninho Pernambucano

24.Jeremy Pied

28.Jérémy Toulalan - Vice captain

29.Yoann Gourcuff

Attacking Midfielders/Forwards;

7.Jimmy Briand

38.Alexandre Lacazette

Strikers;

9.Lisandro Lopez

17.Romelu Lukaku

18.Bafetimbi Gomis

19.Yannis Tafer

Reserve/Young Players;

15.Harry Novillo

22.Clement Grenier

25.Thorgan Hazard

27.Alexandre Coeff

33.Darnel Situ

35.Nicolas Seguin

37.Thomas Fontaine

42.William Le Pogam

46.Paul-Jose M'Poku

With the few players I have out on loan aswell as the youth in the squad, I might not have to be signing to many players in future. I juts wish a few more of my young players had accepted loan moves.

The Season So Far

The season began with the Champions Trophy against Marseille, which was won in unconvincing style. A drab 0-0 draw was played out, before we took the trophy 5-3 on penalties. Not a vintage performance, but it's another trophy won.

Champions Trophy v. Marseille

Ligue 1 has started well, and we sit top after winning four and drawing one of our opening five games. Since the opening day thumping of Sochaux we haven't been quite as convincing, but we've still been picking up results.

Sochaux (H) 7-0 (Lisandro 2, Manoel, Toulalan, Pjanic, Gourcuff, Tafer)

Lorient (A) 2-1 (Lisandro 2)

Bordeaux (H) 2-1 (Pjanic 2)

Montpellier (A) 0-0

Toulouse (A) 2-0 (Pjanic, Lovren)

Next up is Nice at home, who are currently sitting in 4th place in the table. A screenshot of the Ligue 1 table will be posted after around 13 games.

The draw for the group stages of the Champions League has been made, and to my surprise we were amongst the top seeds. The sides that have being drawn in Group F with us are Juventus, Rubin Kazan, and Elfsborg. Our first game is against Swedish side Elfsborg at the Stade Gerland. The aim is to move on to get through to the quarter finals this term.

------------------------------------------------

The season is going well so far then with a trophy won and a good start in the league. I'm more than happy with my transfer deals, both in's and out's. I really believe the squad will need little investment over the next few seasons.

Any comments or suggestions are welcome and I will be happy to load up any screenshots you request.

tom I don't know how much you plan on using M'Poku but I would definitely advise getting him some playing time, he is amazing 2nd season in my Spurs save and will only get better.

Well, I want to use him, he looks great. But look at my squad! It's going to be difficult to get him in anytime soon.

any give me a tactic on PM?

I have too many tactics to be sharing them. I have four different formations, and little changes are constantly made to them, depending whether I'm playing home or away, which players are in the team, etc.etc.

I'm 13 games into my Ligue 1 season, and as always it's time for a screenshot of the Ligue 1 table.

Things have been going well, especially on the defensive front again. Before the last two games when we conceded a goal in each, we had kept 8 clean sheets in a row! We have also being more prolific infront of goal so far than we were last season.

Next up in Ligue 1 is Caen away from home.

The next update will come after the January transfer window!

Question, etc. welcome as always.

They [Lille] have sold quite a few important players;

Gervinho joining Manchester City for £11million

Yohan Cabaye to Rubin for £5.5million

Mathieu Debuchy and Ludovic Obraniak went to Bayern for a combined £11.5million

Franck Beria signed for Rennes for £5million

As for players in;

Vadis Odjidja from Club Brugge for £2.3million

Yassine El Ghanassay came in from Gent for £1.9million

Joseph Yobo from Everton for £2.5million

Piotr Trochowski came in from HSV for £4.5million

Besides that they've just brought in younger players. God knows why they are doing decent job of things after letting so many of their quality players leave.

Haha well that's just great isn't it!

Michel Bastos' contract is up in just 18 months time, and his agent is the same as Raphael Varane's agaent, who if you hadn't noticed from an earlier update, hates me. He is demanding £140k p/w for Bastos and wont take a penny less. That would be a wage of rise of £69k, or to put another way, a 100% wage increase.

Considering I have a wage structure that I want to stick to, it seems Bastos may have to be cashed in on this summer.

Like I said, just great,

Thats a harsh thing mate, Bastos is immense although I'm sure you can find someone as good or even better. Which makes me jealous.

And it just gets worse....................now Mamadou Sakho and Yaya Sanogo won't be joining me on free transfers at the end of the season, thanks to the same agent.

On the plus side though, I have signed a quality regen by the name Ariel Moreno for just £1.8million.

The January transfer window in my second season has come and gone, so here is a midseason update.

Ligue 1

The title is basically wrapped up, as we are currently 16pts clear of Marseille with a game in hand. We have scored more freely in recent times, while remaining amazingly solid defensively.

Ligue 1 Table - February 1st 2012

Yannis Tafer has been devastating in Ligue 1, with 9 goals from 4 starts and 5 sub apps, ad Lisandro has been too, with 10 goals from 12 starts.

Cup Competitions

We were fantastic in the Champions League group phase, most noticeably in thrashing Juventus 5-0 away in Italy, and topped our group. In the 1st knockout round we play Atletico Madrid.

We are again into the final of the Coupe de la Ligue, where we will face Nice. And we are into the 11th round of the Coupe de France and travel to Red Star 93.

Transfer Activity

Four signings were made during the January window, three permanent deals, and one loan signing. As for players leaving the club, two went out on loan and one was sold.

Players In;

Cristiano - £2.1million - Flamengo

Ariel Moreno - £1.8million - Independiente

Marc Ortega - £1.7million - Almeria

Christophe Aurier - Loan (£70k loan fee with option to buy for £2.6million) - Lens

The three regens are all atleast rated at 3 and a half stars, so with the right training and aright amount of playing time, they should turn out to be very good investments. As for Christophe Aurier, I just fancied a look at him. Not great looking stats, but could be a decent little poacher.

Players Out;

Naby Sarr - £180k - Catania

Alexandre Coeff - Loan (£90k loan fee) - Numancia

Paul-Jose M'Poku - Loan - Mainz

Hopefully the two guys who have gone out on loan will get some playing time at the clubs they have joined.

On to the last few months of the season then, lets hope the trophies come our way yet again, and that we get further in the Champions League than last season.

An end of season review will follow in the next few days.

And it just gets worse....................now Mamadou Sakho and Yaya Sanogo won't be joining me on free transfers at the end of the season, thanks to the same agent.

On the plus side though, I have signed a quality regen by the name Ariel Moreno for just £1.8million.

Nice regens mate.

And your defensive record is impressive tbh.

Hmm there is a biddingwar going on in my save for Lloris.

Atm the chairman is quiet, I'm asking about 60 mil + some other installments, its keeping those teams a little quiet but I'm getting constant bids of +25 mil.

If the chairman decides to intervene and Lloris doesn't want to sign for me again, who should I be looking into? In other words who is better or will become better? Second season, january.

Rene Adler hands down. Or David de Gea
Yeah as el sid said Adler or De Gea, and maybe take a look at Akinfeev who might be available for around £13M.

Adler turned me down for a lesser wage at Leverkusen. Its my aim to destroy him now.

Or maybe thats another game.

Archived