FM 2011 Olympique Lyonnais Thread - Allez Lyon!

McGougan33

I felt bad even thinking about it, honest! :) There's just so much young talent at the club it's hard to figure out what to do with them all. I might follow your lead and move Gourcuff to the right because that's exactly the problem I'm running into now: he's playing so well there no one else is getting opportunities.

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I felt bad even thinking about it, honest! :) There's just so much young talent at the club it's hard to figure out what to do with them all. I might follow your lead and move Gourcuff to the right because that's exactly the problem I'm running into now: he's playing so well there no one else is getting opportunities.

Its the young defensively talent that never really go anywhere! Novillo is the best imo, aside from Pjanic

Yes, Novillo's stats are a bit misleading because he's immense when playing. I started him when both Pied and Briand went down and he performed above my expectations actually winning a game on his own with a scorcher of a goal!

Edit: Speaking of which, he just netted a nice little goal in the 11th round of the French Cup. I have all the youngsters on and it's currently a 4-0 demolition :)

Yes, Novillo's stats are a bit misleading because he's immense when playing. I started him when both Pied and Briand went down and he performed above my expectations actually winning a game on his own with a scorcher of a goal!

Edit: Speaking of which, he just netted a nice little goal in the 11th round of the French Cup. I have all the youngsters on and it's currently a 4-0 demolition :)

I always start him, gets a game over pied and briand all the time, i use Jimmy as a striker

I've just beat Inter away 3-1 in the first knockout round of the Champions League after a 2-1 win at home. I'm quite pleased with the squad at this point as we've passed the first hurdle in our quest to win the competition. As Inter's squad is quite talented I feel like we can realistically beat anyone from here on out as well. Hopefully the rest of the competition goes this well :)

• 2 weeks later...

I picked up Anthony Lopes for my Olhanense side (Portuguese team) and for a team challenging for the title and doing reasonably well in the Europa League in season 3, he's done really well for me. Will get a screenie up at the end of this season.

Alright so restarted my Lyon save, and to say the least its been a very difficult year, so many injuries and they were long term, i only got to use Lopez for 13 games, then he was out for the entire season, kept getting bastos and gourcuff injured, aly cissokho, most of my big named players got injured! :(

Brought in 2 signings, both paid for in cash due to good money management

Moussa Sissoko - 14 Million

Christopher Samba - 14 Million

Sold alot of players with the view to moulding this squad in my image:

Kallstrom - 7.5 Million - Malaga

Belfodil - 5.75 Million - Malaga

Mehamha - 675k - Arsenal

Faure - 1.8 Million - Arsenal

Kolodzieczak - 2.3 Million - R.Madrid

Enzo Reale - 700k - Pescara

Fontaine - 1.3 Million - Hoffenheim

Jeremy Pied - 4.6 Million - Aston Villa

Redone all my coaches and scouts and physio`s, got in a new feeder club also in the form of DC United.

At the end of the season i brought in Juninho Pernambucano on a free, I have identified 2 signings i want to make for this season, I want to bring in Fellaini and either Phil Jones or Raphael Varane.

My current balance at the end of the season, is 55 million in the bank, so i should easily get a good transfer budget.

Due to severe injuries and having to play a second string team the majority of the time and also loads of own goals from set pieces, i lost more matches in the league than id care to, so i ended up in 4th place, very dissapointing, because no matter how much i dominated games, i couldnt score on several occasions, and that ended up costing me.

The French Cup i went out in the 9th round straigth away, due to a dismal performance, however it all came good in the Coupe de La Ligue and we beat OM on penalties in the final, they scored in the dying seconds of extra time unfortunately :(

My one massive saving grace however was an exceptional champions league run, culminating in us lifting the the trophy after a well deserved spanking of R.Madrid!

Hopefully this season coming up i can win more trophys and score the goals our play deserves!

Hmmm not so sure Suggy

Purefun Well from past experience they only get so good, and id rather not waste my time on them, i want to mould the squad in my own vision! So i purchased Fellaini for 18 million, Hummels for 9.5 million and Varane for 4 million ( lens got relegated ) - Next seasons targets are Elia and Sanchez.

Archived