FM 2011 Olympique Lyonnais Thread - Allez Lyon!

McGougan33

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Still unbeaten after around 30 games. Conceding very few goals. But made a big mistake.. loaded to many nations, leagues and players so it takes 2 hours to play 4 games kind of. Must start a new save!

Thats really long haha!

Pity your losing all that! Ive loaded 5 nations with 8 leagues and its perfect :)

Ishak and Lazzy already on fire in pre-season, I say on fire I've only played one game to date. :D

How many apiece?

So january transfer window finished and i have signed Mexes for 16 mil, over 48 months! ( cringe ), Raphael Varane ( great prospect ) 3 mil, and Kalou on a free!

Now there must be a bug, because i got offered kalou, gago and maxi rodriguez as loan deals and i noticed it said asking price £0, so i cancelled them and put in bids of £0 and they all got accepted!

That aside on frees coming in for next season i have Afellay, Alexandre Coeff ( another great prospect ), M.Diarra and Schelotto! :D

Have Lyon got their third/Champions League kit on the full game?

Yes we do, however there seems to be alot of bugs in my game! And the CL Kit wasnt used once in the CL!!

Now tell me if you think this is excessive, over the course of the season, there has been over 1100 yellow cards and over 120 red cards!! This is surely to much for the league alone??

Well it depends, there have been 432 yellow cards handed out in Ligue 1 to date (By Week 12 - Not including games due to be played today). So the yellow card count might not seem that excessive in theory.

Yeah true i suppose, thats without me checking the CDL, the FC and the European Cups!!

Do you think i should post it in the bugs forum or just play on and see if it happens again this season?

Well in the Premier League last season there were 1235 yellow cards, and 68 red cards. So while the red card staticstic is a bit over the top, the yellow card one is fine. Of course those stats are for the English Premiership though, and not Ligue 1.

And thanks alot guys, wouldn't have been happy if the third kit hadn't been in.

Yellow cards are harder to judge then goals for example. I would say sit on it a little while longer, can't do a harm to check the bugs forum to see if others have reported it already though.

Fwiw, 23 red cards have been handed out so far.

Right i shall do that, i will test it over 2 seasons, although i will have a gander! And on that note i suppose its time to do an End of Season update!!

So Season 1 under new Manager Ross McGougan was a rather rollercoaster ride for Olympique Lyonnais! With the team struggling to beat the "little teams" points were being dropped right left and centre in the league. It took until the final day for Ligue 1 to deliver her cruel verdict to the side! A day on which Girondins de Bordeaux stole the title from under our noses.

Ligue 1

The French Cup was also rather embarassing for the team, exiting straight away at round 9, due to a calamitous misfortune to Hugo Lloris! One of Nancys players struck the ball from 30 yards, it cannoned back off the crossbar and hit Lloris in the back and rolled into the net!

French Cup

The Coupe De Ligue however was a different story, with Lyon dominating any team who came in there way!

Coupe de ligue

The Champions League, well this is where we really came into our own, taking scalps from some of the so called "bigger" teams of europe!

So Season 1 under new Manager Ross McGougan was a rather rollercoaster ride for Olympique Lyonnais! With the team struggling to beat the "little teams" points were being dropped right left and centre in the league. It took until the final day for Ligue 1 to deliver her cruel verdict to the side! A day on which Girondins de Bordeaux stole the title from under our noses.

Ligue 1

The French Cup was also rather embarassing for the team, exiting straight away at round 9, due to a calamitous misfortune to Hugo Lloris! One of Nancys players struck the ball from 30 yards, it cannoned back off the crossbar and hit Lloris in the back and rolled into the net!

French Cup

The Coupe De Ligue however was a different story, with Lyon dominating any team who came in there way!

Coupe de ligue

The Champions League, well this is where we really came into our own, taking scalps from some of the so called "bigger" teams of europe!

Mixed season it seems, you win the CL but not the league. Congrats with the CL none the less. :thup:

Ligue 1

French Cup

Coupe de ligue

Nicely done mate.

Who was your best performer in the midfield?

Hopey : yeh I no pretty mixed season! I blame the cards for the league!

Gollum: 2 fbs, 2cbs, mcr is a dlp, mcl is a cm, amr and aml wingers, amc is an avp and st is advanced forward!

Thanks very much. I'm going to give this a try while I wait for the DVD version of the game. At least I can get 1 season done. :D

So Grenier, Gassama, Kolod... are out of contract at the end of the season.

So I want to give them longer contracts.

All is well except that thinie where they ask after 20 games with the first team or so they want like 125,000 euro a month.

Thats way too much.

How did you guys do? Did anyone got that wage down?

And who is ace and cheap to get my centre of defence up? Or a loan?

Did anyone sell Delgado and or Gomis at the start? If so for how much?

And who is ace and cheap to get my centre of defence up? Or a loan?

Did anyone sell Delgado and or Gomis at the start? If so for how much?

Diego Lugano cost £3M. I think he is wort it. Good central defender and captain material. Some very nice stats.

I am currently looking to bring in Joël Matip from Schalke on loan. 18 years old and he can play both in defence and midfield.

I sold Gomis to Liverpool. They paid me £4.3M and I'm happy to have his wage away from my budget.

Looking forward to buy some players soon but I want the 'right' players only.

Well after discovering more bugs in my game, i wont be playing my save until the next patch is out, as i am rather dissapointed!

New Scouts i have signed all of them are scouting next opposition and i cant change this!

I had 33.5 million to spend off my board yet i ran out of money after 23 million!

Yellow and red cards all over the shop, and also Transfer problems!!

Has anyone else got through a season and found anything?

Season has started! After some pre-seasons games my top goalscorer was Ishak Belfodil with 7 goals. I spend many hours on creating a solid tactic for my side and I think this will work very well.

First game of the season was against Montpellier away at Stade de La Mosson. Won 4-0! Shots: 19. Possession: 69%. I controlled and dominated the game from the start. Belfodil (21), Briand (25), Lovren (49) and Pjanic (65) scored the goals.

Lacina Traore from Ivory Coast has signed for the club. He's 19 years old, 203 cm tall and a striker.

Tottenham have accepted my loan offer for Sébastien Bassong. I will pay 90% of his wage and pay no fee for him. I have the chance to buy him at the end of the season for £1M. Great deal! Genoa, Valencia and Napoli also have offers accepted.

Did my third summer signing: Milan Badelj. Very good potential. Dejan Lovren went happy.

I set it up yesterday.

Will start playing tonight, hopefully.

Good luck mate :thup:

I await your first post with interest!

This will turn my season into success:

lyontransfers2010.png

How did you manage to spend so much when the budget is limited to £3.5m????

So, preseason is complete with not much transfer activity. Will be relying on a lot of youth talent to back up the first team.

OlympiqueLyonnaisTransfers_History.png

* I have now sold Delgado for £1.9m (wasn't going to renew his contract so thought I might as well cash in) & Faure for £500k as he doesn't look like he will ever be good enough for the first team.

The preason friendlies went reasonably well, with Bastos being in deadly form :cool:

OlympiqueLyonnaisOlympiqueLyonnais_Fixtures.png

Mt first team/back-ups is as follows:

GK - Lloris / Vercoutre

DR - Reveillere / Gassama

DCR - Fazio / Lovren

DCL - Cris / Diakhate

DL - Cissokho / Masilela

MCR - Toulalan / Makoun (defensive)

MCL - Pjanic / Grenier

AMR - Gourcuff / Briand

AML - Bastos / Kallstrom

STCR - Lopez / ????

STCL - Gomis / Belfodil

I use monthly installment and I will pay the transfer fee during 48 months.

Gomis was not in my first team plans and he had a huge wage so I sold him to Liverpool, £4.3M.

That explains it :thup:

Gomis has just banged in a hattrick for me in my first league game :cool:

Archived