FM11: The Official Manchester City Thread - We will buy you, yes we can!!

Koki Balboa

Hey all, I have hit a crisis Carlos Tevez has broken his leg and is out for 14 months! He is my main source of goals (like irl) and I'm a couple of months of the january transfer window and will need to buy a stop gap replacement and ideally I don't want to spend the billions at my disposal. I took over mid way through the second season and now into my first full season and I have decided that I want to follow the United/Arsenal/Barca method i.e developing my own in house talent with the occasional purchase, so ideally I want someone young similar to Tevez and under £15m

Any suggestions please??

• Replies 567
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Monthly Update - Septemeber

Premier League

Man City - 2 (Milner '11, Johnson '69)

Blackburn - 0

Europa League Group Stage

Man City - 3 (SWP '24, Johnson '51, Balotelli '57)

CSKA Moscow - 0

Premier League

Wigan - 1 (N'Zogbia '79)

Man City - 3 (Tevez '55, Kompany '58, Milner '87)

Carling Cup 3rd Round

Man City - 2 (Johnson '8, Tevez '83)

Stoke - 2 (Pugh '16, Boyata OG '87) ---------- Man City win 3-1 on pens.

Premier League

Man City - 4 (Tevez '5, '80, Balotelli '8, K.Toure '31)

Chelsea - 1 (Terry '14)

Dortmund - 3 (Hajnal '4, Pizsczek '27, Barrios '39)

Man City - 2 (David Silva '42, '59)

A good month & I'm ecstatic with the Chelsea win. Of all my years in FM this is the most comprehensive win I've had against the mighty Blues. :thup:

Monthly Update - October

Premier League

Man City - 2 (Tevez '38, Milner '48)

Newcastle - 0

Premier League

Blackpool - 1 (K.Toure OG '30)

Man City - 1 (Balotelli '4)

Euroopa League Group Stage

Luzern - 1 (Paiva '90+3, Pulijic 2nd YELLOW '47, Jammali STRAIGHT RED '84)

Man City - 5 (SWP '6, '64, Barry '27, 90+5, Tevez pen 47)

Premier League

Man City - 2 (Tevez '6, De Jong '39)

Arsenal - 0

Carling Cup 4th Round

Man City - 3 (Johnson '56, Adebayor '108, Carragher OG '117)

Liverpool - 1 (Baiano '23)

Premier League

Wolves - 1 (Ward '89)

Man City - 1 (Milner '72, De Jong STRAIGHT RED '41)

A good to months with some great results. Thia ia the League table at the moment; Good position & a good goal difference.

premierleaguetablestart.png

Definatley looking to add to the squad in January, Edin Dzeko is a must have. Had a few injuries in the Centre of midfield so I will probably bring in a youngster such as Yann M'vila, Sotiris Ninis or maybe a Jordan Henderson.

C'MON YOU CITY!

Hey all, I have hit a crisis Carlos Tevez has broken his leg and is out for 14 months! He is my main source of goals (like irl) and I'm a couple of months of the january transfer window and will need to buy a stop gap replacement and ideally I don't want to spend the billions at my disposal. I took over mid way through the second season and now into my first full season and I have decided that I want to follow the United/Arsenal/Barca method i.e developing my own in house talent with the occasional purchase, so ideally I want someone young similar to Tevez and under £15m

Any suggestions please??

Well, there are a few choices. If you want to develop a truley young kid with great potential I would opt for Francisco Alcacer from Valencia. I've made a thread on him, check it out. Usually some good FM'ers with experience of him snooping around that thread. Otherwise, Abel Hernandez is a good option but, can be quite expensive. Sergio Araujo of, Boca Juniours, is very good apparently & he can make something from nothing apparently. Or possibly even Nassim Ben khaliffa looks very good. :thup:

Well, there are a few choices. If you want to develop a truley young kid with great potential I would opt for Francisco Alcacer from Valencia. I've made a thread on him, check it out. Usually some good FM'ers with experience of him snooping around that thread. Otherwise, Abel Hernandez is a good option but, can be quite expensive. Sergio Araujo of, Boca Juniours, is very good apparently & he can make something from nothing apparently. Or possibly even Nassim Ben khaliffa looks very good. :thup:

Thank's I have sent my scouts to find out more about them for me. I'm also considering bringing in Ivica Olic he's 33 but his work rate is fantastic and might complement my summer signing dzeco or maybe even get that lazy turn Balotelli fired up.

Thank's I have sent my scouts to find out more about them for me. I'm also considering bringing in Ivica Olic he's 33 but his work rate is fantastic and might complement my summer signing dzeco or maybe even get that lazy turn Balotelli fired up.

In my opinion, 33 years-old is quite young, especially for a Striker. You could get atleast 2 possibly 3 good, goal scoring seasons from him & his work rate is priceless. :thup: Get Olic if he's cheap.

He does look promising I'll look into him

I'm gonna get Olic as well he's available for £3m which is peanuts, plus I've never had him so want to see what he's like. I'm probably also gonna get Araujo if he's available for a good price.

Cruyff14 - Have a look at this kid, Antoine Lacazette. His work rate isn't as good as it could be but, he's been scoring goals for fun Ligue 1 & for the Lyon reserves. I'm looking to sign him in January as a under-study to Carlos Tevez. :thup:

38alexandrelacazette.png

Does this guy start at Lyon, only I can't find him on my play search I have the french leagues running and 70,000 plus players.

Does anyone have any advice on how to get the best out of Mario Balotelli as I don't want to sell him and my coaches regard him as a great talent but no matter what I try I can't get him to fire up he has scored 1 goal in 20 odd games. He seems happy as his morale is sky high and is training well and no complaints from him just he won't score and is there any preferred moves or individual training that you would recommend I put him on to help improve him more?

I wish they had options for his attitude, ego and laziness ha ha

Where are you playing him? He's played different roles for me, and has done well. He hasn't been a star, but has done well enough when called upon. From experience, it seems most people like him in the AML position as an inside forward. I play him there, and as an advanced forward when my strikers need a day off.

Wow, bit more activity in here now <3 So thought I'd post an update, not good with screenies so it wont look too pretty but hopefully you'll have cheeky read.

In october 2015 atm, (6th season) and ive been pretty successful, although definately room for improvement.

Initially spent big on players such as Neymar, Hazard, Sissoko, Jones, Rodwell and quite a few more...spent £104M all together, but only £17M more in the seasons to follow.

Won the Quadrouple with Adebayor andTevez tearing opponents apart first season, my best so far.

Since then have won the premier league every season ( 5 times in a row now )

Still only won the FA Cup once

League cup 4 times

Community Shield on 5 occasions

Champions Cup twice

Club world champ twice

Euro Super Cup twice

Have been the England manager since 2012, not lost a game yet and have mainly exploited the position by giving caps to my youngsters...but the public cant complain...i did bring the world cup home.

Despite City's great wealth, I've made it my eventual mission to have a squad of players only produced by my own youth system so spending on players has been limited. Have sold all non-home-grown players, so the likes of Tevez, Adebayor, Balotelli, Hazard, Sissoko etc have gone. Was especially hard to sell Sissoko who was incredible as a box to box CM, contributed 15 league goals in his last year for the club. The majority of my cast aways have gone to Villa (got taken over a couple of seasons back, spent £149M in the 2014/15 season) They now have Tevez, Adebayor, Boeteng, Sissoko, Boucher and Veloso on their books, all ex-city players. They also took Silva, Wright Phillips and Given from me, but they've now moved on.

My Squad now looks like this, YS indicates a regen who came through my youth system:

GK Hart, Jones (YS)

RB Ricards, Ironside (YS)

LB Jack Robinson, Clegg (YS)

CB Onuha, Boyata, Phil Jones, Rose (YS)

CM Zeze (YS) Rodwell, Morton (YS) Lewinton (YS)

RM Henry (YS) Weiss

LM Henshall

AM Ireland, Avery (YS)

ST Khan (Poached from Leicester but still HG at club, regen), Atkins (YS, labelled next Crouch, lucky me) Pesich (YS)

The squad is capable, but definately not unbeatable.However has a young average age and a lot of potential so can only get better and atleast its making a Man City save more challenging.

Monthly Update - November

Man City - 4 (Milner '6, Prager OG '17, Ferreira OG '40, David Silva '45)

Luzern - 0

Premier League

West Brom - 1 (Fortune '58)

Man City - 3 (Tevez '2, '57, Barry '52)

Premier League

Man City - 1 (A.Johnson '43)

Man Utd - 1 (Kolarov OG '34)

Premier League

Man City - 6 (Yaya Toure '17, '72, Boateng '20, Balotelli '54, SWP '75, Tevez '80)

Birmingham - 1 (Gardner '68)

Premier League

Fulham - 1 (Boyata OG '88)

Man City - 2 (Balotelli '58, A.Johnson '90+2)

Premier League

Stoke - 1 (Higginbotham pen '79)

Man City - 1 (Boyata '64)

A very good month with soem solid performances and a good draw against United. Would have liked to win but, You Can't Win 'Em All. :thup: On a darker note, Micah Richards has picked up a Broken Ankle (4 months out) & Joleon Lescott has another one of those blasted Hip Inuries (2 months out.) With Kolo Toure already out with a bloody hip injury, I might look to bring in a young Centre Back as some more cover back there. January is charging towards me so I've bagan to accumalate my transfer plans. Here's a quick preview;

January Transfers - (Who I would like to bring in)

Edin Dzeko - Wolfsburg (Trasnfer) - As I need better competitor for Carlos Tevez's place & he also adds another dimension to my game. Don't get me wrong, Adebayor has been playing pretty well but, as I'm an Arsenal fan, I'm not to fond of him after that celebration last season. ;)

Phillipe Coutinho - Internazionale (Loan) - Need a better back-up to David Silva, don't really like playing Yaya Toure up in the hole even though he's been banging in the goals from there.

Victor Ruiz - Espanyol (Transfer) - As a young prospect that could well become a City starter in a season or two.

Paulo Ferreira - Chelsea (Loan) - As a back-up for Zabaleta now that Micah Richards has broken his ankle & with the shortage at the Centre of the defence I'm not willing to risk Jerome Boateng out there.

C'MON YOU CITY!

I play Balotelli as a striker, since I don't have AML/AMR and can say he hasn't disappointed me for 4 seasons now. As he is mainly and maybe only a backup for Tevez/Dzeko(Adebayor) so he is either a Deep-Laying Forward(Support) or a Poacher. Sometimes when I'm in mood (as I'm not his biggest fan) and the result is good I bring him in as a sub so he can get some play time and to give my main striker a bit of a rest and Balotelli scores some total screamers. Sometimes I gaze amuzed at what he is doing. Even tho his finishing skill isn't the best he is one of the best finishers I have ever witnessed. In my game he misses no more than one or two ccc per game. Everything else goes past the keeper. Defo a player worth keeping!

Llew_Arshavin23

Do you change your starting strategy and philosophy depending on what team you are playing? Or do you just stick to the same tactic all the time?

Sorry, I didn't notice this post until now.

As to the question, I like to play possession football If I have the players. So with City I yend to play 'Control > Fluid' with a 'Short' passing option & roaming set to often so we can keep the ball easier. :thup: So far, it's worked a charm. I'm getting 58/59 % of the posession every game which is good. But, say If I start with Arsenal I have a higher fluidity setting because there is a higher ratio of players with a good passing ability. :thup:

Monthly Update - December

A very good month with some solid results.

CSKA Moscow - 1 (Necid '74, Semberas SECOND YELLOW '45+2)

Man City - 3 (Tevez '5, pen '32, pen 45+3)

Premier League

Man City - 1 (A.Johnson '89)

Bolton - 0

Premier League

Man City - 3 (Balotelli '18, '36, Kompany '54)

West Brom - 1 (Odemwingie '42)

Premier League

West Ham - 0

Man City - 5 (Milner '2, Kompany '7, '45+2, pen '53, Tevez pen '67)

|Europa League Group Stage

Man City - 6 (Tevez '9, '20, '55, Milner '35, Silva '67, A.Johnson '76)

Dortmund - 0

Premier League

Man City - 1 (Kompany '87, De Jong STRAIGHT RED '31 )

Everton - 1 (Rodwell '15)

Premier League

Newcastle - 1 (Ameobi '59)

Man City - 3 (Boateng '75, Balotelli '83, '89, Vieira SECOND YELLOW '90+1)

Premier League

Man City - 1 (Boateng '87)

Aston Villa - 1 (Maggio 90+4)

A good mnth with some solid results. Especially pleased with the Dortmund & West Ham results. :thup: Balotelli is getting back into form & Kompany has been smaqshing in the goals left, right & centre. Definatley looking to improve my squad in January as my squad is pretty thin. Edin Dzeko looks a cert to come into the team & I'm looking to bring in Coutinho on loan.

C'MON YOU CITY!

Monthly Update - January

Premier League

Man City - 1 (Tevez '50)

Blackpool - 1 (Boateng OG '21)

Premier League

Arsenal - 3 (Fabregas '16, Van Persie '35, '69)

Man City - 1 (Yaya Toure '88)

FA Cup 3rd Round

Man City - 4 (Tevez '6, '31, SWP '21, Varane '28)

Brentford - 1 (Carole '8)

Carling Cup Semi Final - Leg 1

Wolves - 2 (S.Fletcher pen '57, '79)

Man City - 6 (Coutinho '7, Tevez '29, '43, '59, Boyata '45+1, Dzeko '70)

Premier League

Man City - 2 (Tevez '3, K.Toure '54)

Wolves - 1 (Milijas pen '37)

Premier League

Aston Villa - 1 (Sidwell '22)

Man City - 1 (Dzeko '28)

Carling Cup Semi Final - 2nd Leg

Man City - 1 (Dzeko '58)

Wolves - 0 --------- Man City win 7-2 on aggregate.

FA Cup 4th Round

Man City - 3 (Coutinho '30, Balotelli '59, Tevez '86)

Barnsley - 0

FA Cup 5th Round Draw

Man City Vs. Dirty, Dirty LEEDS UNITED.

Transfers - In's & Out's - January 2011

In's

Edin Dzeko - Wolfsburg - £27.5 million - He's enjoyed a good start to life at Eastlands scoring on his debut & carrying his good form from the Bundesliga into the Premiership. As Carlos Tevez is out for the months with a bloody Torn Hamstring, Dzeko will enjoy some valuable starts. :thup:

Iker Munian - Athletic Bilbao - £17 million - Should gain a few appearances now that Tevez is out but, he has plenty of competition for his spot. Should become one of my key Players in future seasons.

Victor Ruiz - Espanyol C.F - £7.5 million - One of the best Centre-Backs on the game in my opinion. He's made a blistering start to his City career picking up 2 Man Of The match awards & an average rating of 7.68. THE BIGGEST BARGAIN ON THE GAME!

Gueida Fofana - Le Havre - £5.5 million - A long-term replacment for Patrick Vieira & another youngster who should become a starter in 2-3 seasons.

Coutinho - Internazionale - Loan (Fee - £875k) - THIS KID IS AMAZING, End Of.

Alexandre Lacazette - Loan (Fee - £325k) - Lyon wanted £12.5 million for a permanent deal so, I decied to give him a 'Test Drive' if you like & has been pretty goood.

Out's

Jo - Atletico Madrid - Loan (Fee - £375k - £4.3 million permanent deal option) - As I already have Tevez, Dzeko, Balotelli, Muniain & Lacazette. I didn't really want him to get annoyed at never being in the team so sent him out on loan.

C'MON YOU CITEH!

Monthly Update - February

Premier League

Birmingham - 0 (McFadden m/p '70)

Man City - 2 (Tevez '6, Dzeko '26, Tevez Injury '40 (Torn Hamstring - Out for between 3-4 months)

Premier League

Man City - 3 (Balotelli '14, pen '45, Lacazette '48)

WBA - 0 (Brunt SECOND YELLOW '78)

Premier League

Man Utd - 3 (Nani '47, Berbtov '57, '74)

Man City - 1 (Balotelli '6)

Europa League 1st Knockout Round - 1st Leg

Rubin Kazan - 2 (Karadeniz '69, Orekhov '80)

Man City - 2 (Komany '49, Muniain '67)

FA Cup 5th Round

Man City - 2 (Balotelli '33, Dzeko '65)

Leeds - 0

Europa League 1st Knockout Round - Leg 2

Man City - 2 (Dzeko '22, Johnson '47)

Rubin Kazan - 0

Carling Cup Final

Man City - 3 (Victor Ruiz '2, Kompany '36, Dzeko '43)

Ipswich - 2 (Kennedy '17, Guillermo Franco '66, Guillermo Franco m/p '32)

A very good month result wise & that was supported by the good Carling Cup win. Edin Dzeko & Gueida Fofana have really grown into the team & Victor Ruiz has started every game sice arriving at my club. :thup: They all look very good signings. I hope Iker Muniain's potential will shine through with a few more starts. && Come on lads, the JUVENTUS thread has got more activity thatn this thread at the moment. Where Are YoU? Sorry, Went a bit on a Delia Smith rant, didn't I? :D

C'MON YOU CITEH!

Would be tempted to start a City save, I like a lot of their players, like Hart, Kolarov, Yaya, Silva, Johnson, Milner etc, but I really don't want to work with the likes of Adebayor, Balotelli, Santa Cruz. And the wage bill really puts me off.

Might do a bit of editing tbh, take away the wage bill, some of the players and the sugardaddy.

Man I can't get Dzeko to score like that!!! Does he need some time to get adapted???? Adebayor is scoring way more than him!!!!!

Edin Dzeko has been a revelatio for me. Signed him in January for £27.5 million & he's been banging in the goals for FUN! I play him as a Deep-Lying Forward & almsot gets a goal a game. :thup: Great, Great Player!

Hi Guys,

Just started a Man City game, since the patch does anyone find it really difficult to sign Fabio Concaceo (sp) from Benfica? I have offered £8m for him but they wont accept it, I increase it to £11m but still no joy

Would you say its worthwhile getting Dzeko and Lukuku? Any tips on signings would be appreciated :).

Thanks

Hi Guys,

Just started a Man City game, since the patch does anyone find it really difficult to sign Fabio Concaceo (sp) from Benfica? I have offered £8m for him but they wont accept it, I increase it to £11m but still no joy

Would you say its worthwhile getting Dzeko and Lukuku? Any tips on signings would be appreciated :).

Thanks

I wouldmost defintley advise yu oninvesting in Edin Dzeko. He's been truly AWE-INSPIRING for me since arriving in January. CTev got a frustrating Torn Hamstring & Edin Dzeko more than filled in his absence. I'll post a Screen Shot later.

Not too sure on Lukaku as I've never had him on any save on FM but, I've seen Great screenshots of him & heard rave reviews about him. :thup:

Also, try & sign a young Centre Midfield to develop into the team. Personally, I think Gueida Fofana is the best option & has really put in a good half season with me. Or there are the obvious Young CM'a you could go for a Yann M'Vila, Nuri Sahin, Javi Martinez etc. but, you would probably have your own Transfer Targets.

As for the Centre Back option, If you don't like Joleon LescottI would try & offload him as soon as possible & bring in Victor Ruiz from Espanyol for around £7.5 million. (Release Clause) He's played very well since coming in the January Transfer Window & is now Vincent Kompany's new partner in the back after Kolo Toure has had a series of blasted Hip Injuries. :thdn:

Feel free to ask any questions mate & most importantley. GOOD LUCK! :)

What do you make of Eden Hazard mate?

Well, Very Good player. :thup: Hopefully going to the Gunners before too long. Then we can get Andrey out. :thup:

Anyway, He would be a very good investment in my opinion. But, you might over crowd the attack. Balotelli, David Silva, Adam Johnson, Jimmy Milner & Carlos Tevez at a push can play out in the AML spot but, he could provide good competition for david Silva in the AMC role if you decide to play a AMC.

Personally, If I was to sign Eden in the First window I would get rid of people like SWP, Santa Cruz, Jo etc. as soon as possible to make room for him. :thup: But, (This is the option I would go for) I would wait until January maybe even end of the season to sign him & see how your team is performing with the players you already have. :)

Just started a City game with the 11.2.1 update, noticed that they gave me no transfer money so I suppose everyone's taking from the wage budget

Adam Johnson's stats hardly budged from fm10 and Balotelli's professionalism :(

Just a quick question, do the owners kick in with money if you're running low?

Just started a City game with the 11.2.1 update, noticed that they gave me no transfer money so I suppose everyone's taking from the wage budget

Adam Johnson's stats hardly budged from fm10 and Balotelli's professionalism :(

Just a quick question, do the owners kick in with money if you're running low?

You must have transfer budgets off in the first window.

Enjoying a quick game with Man City, tend to go lower league but I thought I'd go for an easy game to pass through

Won everything, every season, incredibly easy, just throw money at it and get rid of the dirge

Bought the stadium but now I can't expand 2 seasons on despite selling out, being profitable (without the Sheiks input) and winning everything from the League Cup to the CWC

Any suggestions? Is COM limited in expansion?

Hi all.

Just waiting for the January transfer update to come out before i start my City saved game :).

I was just wondering on what formations people play and if there are any staff and player recommendations.

Thanks.

I like using a 4-4-2 with attacking wingers. Tevez scores tons of goals no matter how you play him. The team is good enough to win the way it is assembled. All I've really needed to upgrade is the ARM position (Which I did so by adding Robben the second season), and adding some depth in defense. I would just look to add some quality youth so that you're not always forced to spend crazy money to upgrade.

Patch is still probably a few weeks away. One player I can't recommend playing enough is Balotelli. I will post a screenshot later, but he is the first name on my teamsheet for these past two seasons. I play him in the AML position as an inside forward, and he is absolutely lethal. As long is he is kept happy, he is an outstanding player.

Archived