FM11: The Official Manchester City Thread - We will buy you, yes we can!!

Koki Balboa

So after the success of season 1, I'm following it up pretty damn well. My Champions League group consisted of Dinamo, Zenit, City and Madrid (the current European champions), who beat me 1-4 in a pre-season friendly, but lost on penalties to me in the Super Cup. I drew 0-0 in Spain and whopped them 3-1 in Manchester. I topped my group with 4 wins and 2 draws (drew away to Zenit). Madrid sneaked through on the last game of the groups by beating Zenit. Anyway, I drew Anderlecht in the first knockout round, and beat them 0-2 in Belgium. Still to play the return leg.

I have won my first proper trophy of the season. I don't count the Super Cup, and I lost the Community Shield to Arsenal (not that I would've counted that anyway), by beating Arsenal 3-0 to take the League Cup. I beat Chelsea, United, Bolton and Villa to get to Arsenal, so it was a successful campaign. The FA Cup is going well. I'm into the Sixth Round (where I was knocked out last season), and have a home tie to Tottenham/Everton, which I am confident of a victory, because of my incredible home record, which can only have COMS classed as a fortress.

My Home record in competitive matches over 2 seasons (as of 1st March 2012) looks like this:

P52, W48, D4, L0, F140, A23, GD+117

Not bad, I suppose. ;)

In the League I've not managed to match up to last season, unfortunately. I've lost 2 games (as opposed to 1 last year), which is disappointing because they were to Newcastle and Bolton. However, I'm top of the league by 9 points having played 28 so far. Confident that I'll win the League, meaning another Double at least. Only signings I've made are signing a regen called Ourdy Tokala who has proven to be very promising, even at 15 (played 6 first team games because I needed a DM and Yaya and de Jong were at ACoN/Injured). I also signed Maarten Stekelenburg for £10M as a backup to Neuer. And my third signing was Aaron Ramsey for a whopping £33M, which was necessary as I had to replace Luka Modric who I sold to Madrid for £18M.

Another good season.

So I beat Anderlecht, drew Atletico Madrid in the Quarter-Finals. The first leg at COMS. This is the only game where I've ever properly feared for my home record, where it looked like I might lose; Dzeko was sent off 24 seconds into the game. Regardless, we soldiered on, gave Atletico a good game, and Tevez managed to sneak a goal in 78 minutes in, giving me a 1-0 lead. Atletico missed an absolute sitter on the last minute, but it wouldn't have made a huge difference I went on to win 2-3 in Spain, finishing that game with 10 men also - Kolarov getting a red card 48 minutes in. I lost another league game, 0-1 to Spurs. It was in preparation for the away leg to Atletico and I decided I had to rest players. My defence was makeshift after injuries to starting FBs Boateng and Zabaleta early on in the game (both out for 2-3 weeks which sucks, they'll miss the Semi-Final FA Cup). Anyway, I'm still top by 8 points. I can win the league with ease, with only 6 games to go. FA Cup I'm quietly confident about. The Champions League will now receive my full focus. In the semi-finals I will face Real Madrid (who thrashed Barcelona 6-2 on aggregate in the Quarter-Finals). I am very much looking forward to it. A draw for the Euro Super Cup, a draw in Spain, and a win in Manchester in competitive matches this season, means that I believe I can beat them over two legs if my players perform and I avoid any more injuries or suspensions (Yaya and Dzeko are suspended, Boateng and Zabaleta are both injured, I can't take any more of either, really). The Final will see me playing either Manchester United or Internazionale, so I believe that I can win the Champions League in my first season, provided I defeat Madrid. I find it remarkable that I'll play a non-Premier League team 6 times in total in one season alone (5 competitively). It'll be interesting.

As for top goalscorers etc, I'm disappointed with that tbh. Tevez, after 33 PL goals in 29(1) PL apps last season, has 29 PL apps with only 5 goals. However, credit must go to the rest of the team. Dzeko has 18 goals (3rd most, 22 is most, 19 is second most), Hamsik has 14, Balotelli has 11. However, Hamsik has 14 assists, Tevez has 11, Balotelli has 10, Dzeko 8, Boateng 7. The team as a whole is much better. There isn't any standout performers, but English Player of the Year has 5 main contenders - Rooney, Srna (of Chelsea), Hamsik, Balotelli and Dzeko. This shows the strides my team is making. I'm very pleased with my team tbh. Matching the Double of last season, with the potential for a Quadruple is better than I expected. What's better is I don't expect to have to make any signings or anything. I'm probably going to offload Yaya who I've found disappointing, and I might get rid of Lescott seeing as my youngster Pezao will be joining once he turns 18 at the beginning of August. My team stands at:

Neuer, Stekelenburg

Richards, Zabaleta

Boyata, Jones

Kompany, Lescott (Pezao (regen))

Boateng, Kolarov

de Jong, Yaya (Tokala (regen), potential new signing)

Hamsik, Ramsey

Balotelli, Young

Milner, Johnson

Tevez (I'm considering Pastore because he was runner-up for World Player of the Year)

Dzeko, Alcacer, Babacar

I need more English players, but I don't know who is worth signing. I was considering Jordan Henderson, but I don't need more wingers. I might get Jack Rodwell as a long-term back-up for de Jong. Because, let's face it, once de Jong reaches 30 (3 years), Tokala will still only be 18. I'm excited for him, he can be brilliant given the time. He's already played 11 Premier League games and he's not 16 yet.

Oh dear. Yet another loss. 2-1 at Goodison. 5 points clear with 4 games to go. But, 3 of them are at Home so I'm likely to get 7 points, I think (I have to play Chelsea, which is quite tough, but I can still win it because my home form is incredible...that means I'm accounting for a draw against them, because the other two are Villa and Bolton - easily winnable). I wouldn't say my season is falling apart or anything, I've hit bad form due to injuries. Yaya Touré, who I've been playing to rest de Jong for big games, has Very Poor morale after being suspended to play Madrid. He is playing terribly and gave away a penalty which helped Everton beat me. He'll be getting dropped immediately, I will risk de Jong's conditioning because it's not worth playing Yaya.

So yeah I won the League with 2 games to go (United drew whilst I fought back to defeat Villa, putting me 8 clear with only 6 left to gain). I sneaked past Villa 1-0 in the FA Cup Semi-Finals to get through (I say 'sneak' because my weakened side struggled for 90 minutes and I went through due to a stupid OG), where I will face Sunderland (they beat Chelsea 1-0). And, in the Champions League, I drew 1-1 in Spain - I was actually leading 1-0 rather undeservedly. In Manchester, I have just crushed the current European Champions 4-1, giving me a 5-2 aggregate victory where I will face Internazionale (they beat United 5-1 on aggregate, including a 3-0 win at OT). Excited, I can win a Quadruple here.

FA Cup Winners 2011/2012

Manchester City 3-0 Sunderland

UEFA Champions League Winners 2011/2012

Manchester 2-1 Internazionale

Adam Johnson, who has been struggling to get a regular starting place but proven effective coming from the bench, was chosen as the 7th substitute over Ashley Young. Johnson came on with 10 minutes to go and scored the winner on the 90+4th minute, giving me my first Champions League title in my first venture.

Ecstatic. Quadruple. (Quintuple if I count the Euro Super Cup)

Hamsik won English Football of the Year Award, Balotelli was 2nd, Dzeko was 3rd

I won Manager of the Year award for the second year in a row.

• Replies 567
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Started a City save yesterday, just hit November and ive released Mario Balotelli on a free! He accepted mutual termination with no compensation, hed been playin well but got sent off for violent behavior, threw a bitch fit over his fine and then decided to skip training. I was never gonna make him happy again and hes no good for the dressing room, goodbye.

Other then that were doing really well, weve won 16 games out of 18 in all comps, losing 1 and drawing 1. Lookin good to qualify top of our Euro group, through to the quarters of the League Cup and sitting on top of the Prem after 10 games with 9 wins and a draw.

Yeah, Balotelli can be a problem for most. But I think that he's too good to simply let go on a free. In 2 seasons he's been one of my most consistent and best players, averaging 7.43, making 9 MoM performances, 29 assists and 22 goals in 68 appearances. Might not seem great, but it is considering he plays on the wing. He's great, for me.

Anyway, start of season 3, made a few changes.

Out:

Silva, Lescott, Adebayor, Given, Zabaleta, Ashley Young, Barry

In:

Kyle Walker, Jack Robinson, Jordan Henderson, an English regen, a Brazilian regen, an Italian regen

I've spent only £37.5M, and made, from sales, £24.5M.

This Italian lad is incredible. At only 17 he's got better stats than Aaron Ramsey and likely to be starting most games for me immediately. He might not, because my system uses only 2 MCs and Hamsik is too good and de Jong is my stable partner for him. I would post a screenshot but I cba, I might do it later.

Yeah, but my transfers are focused on clearing out old crap and bringing in new, fresh English blood. I wanted Jack Rodwell as well, but Everton wanted £40M, and when I agreed to that Rodwell's agent refused to talk to me because I only offered 100k and apparently it was insulting. But with that Italian lad, I don't need Rodwell at all ever.

I have a Champions League Group of Man City, Zenit, Lyon and some Belgian team called Mechelen or that. I had Zenit at this stage last year, so I'm pleased to be able to whup them again. And I beat Lyon in the Europa League final in year 1, so it'll be good to hammer them some more. ;) 2 League games in, 2 wins, 5 scored, 0 against. About to beat Bayern in the Super Cup. Oh, and I beat United to win the Community Shield. I could win 7 trophies this season... but I probably won't...

For the second year in a row I've won the Super Cup on Penalties, Bayern suck though so it shouldn't have gone to penalties. But whatever, I'm pleased to have 2 trophies already this season :p

Just started a new save. Going to alternate with a 4-2-4 (home) and a 4-2-3-1 (away).

Transfers In:

Hazard- 16m

Hoilett- 8m

Cairney- 2.4m

Vidal- 16.75m

Neymar- 32.5m

Probably a lot to pay for Neymar, but he's always been my best players in my other saves. Won my first match 1-0, away to Newcastle, with Vidal scoring. I will update as I get further along.

Hi guys in my second city season appraching the January window just wondering if anyone has ever managed to sell on Lescott without having to pay him compensation until 2014! Really annoying considering i have got lots of centre backs better than him and the only clubs that come in for him are ones that can't afford to pay his ridicoulous wages!

Hi guys in my second city season appraching the January window just wondering if anyone has ever managed to sell on Lescott without having to pay him compensation until 2014! Really annoying considering i have got lots of centre backs better than him and the only clubs that come in for him are ones that can't afford to pay his ridicoulous wages!

I got rid of him in the first transfer window on my save, he went to Newcastle and they paid his wages in full.

I had to loan him out with the hope that the team take him on permanently...

In my 3rd season and I'm beginning to find it harder (at last!). I have already lost 2 league games from my first 6 games, both away to Spurs and Everton, losing 3-2 and 2-1 respectively. And I lost my first home game ever, 0-2 to Lyon in Europe. I put out an experimental team and was destroyed for it. Feel like an idiot. I now have 1 out of a possible 6 in Europe...need to get my act together. Oh, and I lost to Arsenal in the League Cup 3rd round 2-1 at the Emirates. Already have 4 defeats this season, worrying.

After City's encouraging performance against Utd on Saturday, i've decided to go with them in a new save.

First team doesn't seem to need any improvement, maybe apart from both fullbacks and someone to challenge Johnson and Silva on the wings. First team will probably be the following:

Hart

Richards - Kompany - Lescott - Kolarov

De Jong - Y. Toure

Barry

Johnson [this shows them on wings] Silva

Tevez

Quite defensive, with attack also in mind.

My god, I completely failed in Europe this season. With the hope of defending my Champions League title, and with a group of Lyon, Zenit and Mechelen, I was understandably confident. Over-confident, it appears. 2 wins 2 draws and 2 defeats. Both wins to Mechelen, both defeats to Lyon, both draws to Zenit. I finished 3rd and will enter the Europa League... I'm hoping to win that and the FA Cup now, to try and win a Treble (although if you include the SuperCup, Community Shield and I'm about to win the Club World Championship, it's technically a sixtuple(?))... opened an 8 points gap at the top of the league going into Christmas. Was struggling to keep up to Chelsea who were first, but I finally found form and currently have 9 straight wins and 11 undefeated in total in the league, whereas Chelsea have lost 3 of their last 5. I'm doing well in the League.

Won the Community Shield, European Super Cup, Club World Championship, Europa League and Premier League.

I have won the Premier League 3 years in a row now. I also have 3 European honours in a row, but it's been Europa, Champions, Europa. Beat Metalist Kharkiv (sp?) 1-2 in ET in the Final.

I lost the FA Cup in the 3rd round (lol) to Chelsea.

Despite the clear negatives of failing in the Champions League and FA Cup (and Carling Cup, I suppose), the board are delighted with my management because I have maximised the club's stature and we are now known everywhere in the world. Feels good. Now to win the League for a 4th time and try and get my hand on the CL again.

Sorry Lads, I've seem to have deserted you. :thdn:

After a Good, Prolonged Stint in my Gunners save, I fancy a new Challenge & I'm starting up another Save with Mancini City! I'm here to keep JDownie K-ompany. If you would pardon the punn! :D

Anyway, I'm starting again & hopefully will have a Good run with this save. I've got a few plans in mind regarding Formations, Tactics, Transfer etc. (Although any Suggestions would be recieved gratefully)

Monthly Update is gonna come up tomorrow as it is too late tonight :thup:

EDIT: 'Scuze my French but, I really CBA to post Monthly Updates due to the lack of activity in the Thread. No real point if there's no one to read them :D

Just started as Man City mainly so I can sign the players I never have the cash or reputation to get at Sunderland. I will try to get some youth in but will also be looking to buy some top class players. First signing was the £60 million purchase of Iniesta from Barcelona(obviously lol). Will now be looking to sign Lucas from Sao Paulo really looking to use the game to get players I have never had before.

First signing was the £60 million purchase of Iniesta from Barcelona(obviously lol).

If you start again with the portuguese league starting date you can pick up Iniesta for £25M, something to do with Barce not having their budget yet.

Hi Guys,

Just started a City game myself as I fancied a change from my usual Arsenal game, I bet your getting worried Llew_Arshavin23 as I seem to be everywhere you are in threads :D. I am wondering who to sign, I guess its safe to say Man City are covered on the keeper fronts, possibly may look to get Cahill perhaps? Or maybe Mexes possibly, anyone got any other suggesitons on who to buy? I am gonna probably bid for Hazard also.

Any suggestions welcome :)

Cheers

It took a while for Hazard to get going for me, but he has an average rating of over 8 so far this season (currently in february). You have a fairly strong squad, so try to get in some top young talent like Lukaku, Pastore, Paulo Henrique, Sakho and Sissoko. All of those are top players on my save now, and can do a top job in season one.

Well, I'll give some input to what you guys ask. I'm pretty experienced with City, I reckon (4 seasons on 11.3 patch, 11.2 had 2 seasons and 11.1 had 1, not to mention countless saves on FM10 and 09).

Anyway, Lone Gooner, I don't think you need to sign any CBs, it's really unnecessary, really. Sign a youthful player, as opposed to a key player or an immediate starter. With Kompany who is a rock, and Boyata who is extremely promising, I don't think you need anybody else at CB tbh. Lescott is a good back-up for the first season, and Boateng can always play there if necessary. In season 1 I signed a CB, though - Phil Jones. He's still not into my 1st team and I'm 4 years into my save. If you're not sure of what Boyata is capable of, just ask for screenshots of my Boyata, who has consistently been the best CB in the League (by rating), has developed immensely and is a leading Premier League CB already, with several years to continue improving (at least 5). Fantastic player for me and capable of starting immediately, in my opinion.

My save is coming along very nicely. My team in season 2013/2014 is like so:

4-2-3-1,

GK: Manuel Neuer, Maarten Stekelenburg

RB: Kyle Walker, Micah Richards

CB: Dedryck Boyata, Vincent Kompany, Phil Jones

LB: Jack Robinson, Jerome Boateng

MC: Nigel de Jong, Marek Hamsik, Fernando Gago, Aaron Ramsey, Riccardo Longhi (regen)

AMC: Carlos Tevez

RW: Jordan Henderson, Adam Johnson

LW: Gareth Bale, Mario Balotelli

ST: Edin Dzeko, Khouma Babacar

Qualified for the knockout stages of the Champions League (great relief after the failure of last season), knocked out of the League Cup by Sheffield United (who are, in fairness, a Premier League team...it's my fault for playing a reserve team). Currently top of the League by 6 points, with Arsenal (managed by Roberto Mancini!) closest to me. I'm pretty untouchable though.

Okay Lads, Just watching the Leeds - Reading game at the moemnt & I'm also on my Very Enjoyable Dortmund save :) I highly recommend them :thup:

Anyway, I'll post a Monthly Update before long & it will include Transfer etc. :thup:

I've been raking through my mind about my Citeh save. I think I need another Right Winger or a Wide Midfielder. SWP is a Very Good Player but, I want a more reliable & noteworthy name bombing dwn the Right. What about someone like Alexis Sanchez? I've never had him before but, he is Incredibley Good in game & in Reality. :thup:

Hmmm, Right Wing is a tricky situation, personally I would sell SWP instantly. I also like my wingers to be able to finish, because no matter what role they use, I like to have them set to Cut Inside from the flanks to get into goalscoring opportunities. Adam Johnson is a fantastic RW for me. As is Jordan Henderson who brings plenty of assists and chips in with the occasional goal, despite his average rating of 10 for finishing. I wouldn't bother with Alexis Sanchez, personally. Go for a British option - Junior Hoilett or Jordan Henderson, with Johnson and Milner also able to play there. That's all you need, imo.

Okay, current Transfer Deals;

Done Deals;

Scotty Parker (West Ham) - £14.5 million - Just had t sign him. Not Gareth Barry's biggest Fan so, Parker will be competition for Nigel De Jong & Yaya Toure. Good Bargin if you ask me for a Player of his calibre. :thup:

Final Stages of Negotiation;

Erik Lamela (Boca Juniors) - £7 million - Another Prized possession that has shot out from the conveyor belt of Talent in South America! Love Him. A Great Talent & for £7 million, that is a Steal. :D

Yohandry Orozco (Wolfsburg) - Loan Deal with a £4.7 million Option To Buy at any time - Had a Great South American U20 Championship recently. Aother Fantastic Talent & cannot wait to see him Improve.

Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain (Southampton) - £1.9 million - No Introduction needed. Love Him! :D

If you start again with the portuguese league starting date you can pick up Iniesta for £25M, something to do with Barce not having their budget yet.

I never knew that, have only played one friendly so far so might try that.

Anyone realised how Good Mario Bib-otelli is with a dead Ball? Just scored his 3rd Free Kick of Pre-season against Portsmouth! :eek: Great Talent.

I was wondering if anyone has managed to get someone to tutor him.

If you scroll up you can see what eventually happened to the sulky Balotelli I sold. He was playing in a rotating squad, got unhappy despite playing a fair amount, and I got £20m from Villa for him. He was there for 2 or 3 years, before being released. Wasn't even unhappy, just kept getting worse and worse.

I signed him for Sunderland for £4 million in the third season and he did nothing but moan, eventually it got to a point where I couldn't have a private chat with him in the end I offered him mutual termination as no one would bid for him and he agreed to leave with no compo. It's a pity he won't let Tevez tutor him as he could become a lot better with a change of personality.

My current team is: Hart, Micah R.,Lescott, Zapata, Boyata, Kompany, Phil Jones, Lorenzo De Silvestri, Aleksandar Kolarov, Coentrao, Yaya Toure, David Silva, Wilshere, C. Ronaldo, Hazard, Pastore, Hulk, Neymar, Mario Balotelli, Aguero, Dzeko and Babacar Year - Jan 2013

I want messi and fabregas in soon!

So far amazing players have been hazard and wilshere always thought thye were okahish but watching them on the field has been outstanding highly recommend them.

Will offload: Lescott, yaya, Dzeko and maybe silva end of season

My current team is: Hart, Micah R.,Lescott, Zapata, Boyata, Kompany, Phil Jones, Lorenzo De Silvestri, Aleksandar Kolarov, Coentrao, Yaya Toure, David Silva, Wilshere, C. Ronaldo, Hazard, Pastore, Hulk, Neymar, Mario Balotelli, Aguero, Dzeko and Babacar Year - Jan 2013

Will offload: Lescott, yaya, Dzeko and maybe silva end of season

That's an extremely attack-minded squad you have there, but it does look fantastic! My only problem with it is that you're gonna have 4 first team English players... It's probably just me, I dunno, but I hate the thought of having hardly any home-grown players available. Even if they're just back-ups. I mean, my starting XI has only 3/4 English players, but in total I have 6 first team English players and am hoping to increase that number in the next window. I also have 2 Welsh players, so technically I have 8 home-grown players in my first team...

Anyway, hoping to bring in Danny Wilson and Junior Hoilett in January, and sell Yaya and Balotelli if possible. I'd also like to ditch Maarten Stekelenburg and find a young, home-grown player who is capable of playing back-up to Neuer if needed. I like to have a young average age, and as my oldest player at 31, Stekelenburg must go. Besides, Neuer has only missed 6 games in 3 and a half years for me anyway.

Yeah, despite keeping 10 clean sheets in 16 games and winning World Goalkeeper of the Year in my first season at the club, he became unhappy and decided a move away from the club was for the best, so I brought in Neuer and offloaded Hart. Neuer is far better. Jack Butland has been suggested a lot by scouts, but he doesn't seem that good. I dunno, I'll definitely consider him though, thanks.

Just lost to Scum United for the first time in my career. They battered me 3-1 at OT. Steve Bruce's first win against me ever, I think (Yeah, Steve Bruce, HA!). Quite disappointed, but I can deal with it. I have dropped to 2nd in the league - a first for everything I suppose. I've never got past 10 games in the season and dropped from 1st... I'm quite worried tbh, Dzeko is not performing and Babacar isn't ready to start every game. I think I might need to bring in a new accomplished striker. That, or start Tevez up front and bring in a new AMC... Arsenal are challenging me for the title, Cavani is leading the charge. A £43.5M signing, he's got 14 goals in 15 games, he's amazing.

I think in January (3 weeks away) I'm going to bring in the following players, if possible:

Junior Hoilett, Raphael Varane (absolute beast in my game, he has developed so well at Atletico Madrid) and either Javier Pastore or Alexandre Pato, if I can get either. I need to bolster my squad a bit, I've been hit with 5 injuries and a couple of suspensions. I can't even fill up my bench completely.

I also just beat Blackburn 4-1 at COMS, with Kompany being sent off 36 seconds into the game and me going on to destroy them. Feels good. My home record is just...wow. Never lost a domestic home game.

Awwwwww, this game is becoming frustrating. I've just lost Gareth Bale for 4 months because Fulham like to play dirty and break legs. I've also lost Kyle Walker for 4 months, but he's only got 3 months left to go. Richards was out for 2 months, he should be back in 2 weeks. Balotelli was out for 4 months, he's a week away from returning. And Manuel Neuer is out for 3 weeks now.

FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU- 13 minutes into my next game against Sunderland and Jack Robinson is stretchered off. I had no defenders on the bench (all injured/suspended!!) so I'm playing a 3-1-4-1-1, which is ridiculous and totally untested. I hope Robinson is only out for a few days, because I can't deal with anything more than that. I'm struggling with injuries so much here.

Monthly Update - Pre-Seaso & August;

A Brief Pre-Season Review;

Won every Game apart from a Draw against Saint Ettiene. Played some decent Football, not as Free Flowing & Fluent as I would've liked but, my Team is still learning & adapting to my Barce-nal type Tactic If you like. (Barce-nal being a mix between Barca & Arsenal.)

Chosen Formation & Projected Line Ups; (Subject to Injuries, Suspensions etc.)

97167702.png

Due to Scott Parker having such a Great Pre-Season, he will have priority ahead of De Jong & Barry. Milner & Johnson bombing down the Wings should be a Good Partnership & Tevez, playing as a Poacher, will be rotated with Edin Dzeko, playing as a Target Man, but it depends on Form, Fatigue etc. Balotelli will be my Emergancy Back up Striker. But, my main intention is to utilise the Terrific Defence that Man City have access to. Kompany & Toure will hopefully be the Rocks of the Defence, Stopping Opposition Attack then Instigating our own Attacking Sequences. Kolarov & Micah will bomb Up & Down the Flanks whenever the opportunity arises. David Silva will be the Hub of the team in the Hole between the Midfield & the Defence.

Monthly Update - August;

Premier League;

Spurs - 1 (Hart OG '71)

City - 0 (Balotelli Red Card '85)

Europa League 4th Qualifying Round - 1st Leg;

Sibir - 1 (Kilmavicius '60)

City - 4 (Silva '46, Tevez '68, Dzeko '78, '80)

Premier League;

City - 3 (Parker '16, Tevez '28, '67)

L'pool - 1 (Kuyt '90)

Europa League 4th Qualifying Round - 2nd Leg;

City - 4 (Silva '10, '61, Dzeko '12, Milner '15)

Sibir - 0 --------- City win 8-1 on Aggregate. :thup:

Premier League;

Sunderland - 3 (Gyan '59, '85, Toure Yaya OG '90+4)

City - 1 (Dzeko '55)

A Decent Start to the Campaign. Not the best but, not the Worst. Had a Tough Start to the Premier League though. The Spurs match was so close until bale strikes from about 35 Yards, Hits the Post & rebounds of Hart into the Net! Then to add Salt to my Wounds, Balotelli goes off & Two Foots Vedran Corluka in the Knees & recieves a Straight Red! Bugger! We started off pretty rocky in Russia but, after a stirring Half Time team Talk from yours truly (not really ;)) we went onto Dominate both Legs. Good result against Liverpool & then a pretty annoying but unlucky loss at the Stadium Of Light.

My Top 3 Citizen's Of The Week;

1. Scott Parker - Must admit, this is one of my Favourtie Transfers on FM of All Time. Had a Terrific opening Month & has been the Shining Light of my Midfield. Also, been on Good Goalscoring Form. Great Player!

2. David Silva - Begn his Life at the Middle-Eastlands Very, Very Well! The Pass Master has made some Pretty Impressive Appearances & provided some Vital Assist's. Cannot wait to see him grow ino the Side.

3. Joe Hart - One of my Favourite Player in the Premier League. made some Vital Stops so far & hopefully, wil carry his Good Form throughout the Season. Good Month for the Lad.

Europa League Group Stage Draw;

Atletico Madrid

Man City

Rosenborg

AA Gent

A Tough Group which includes the more than Capable Atl. Madrid.

Summer Transfer Window 2010/'11 Season - In's & Out's;

In's;

Scott Parker - West Ham - £14.5 million - A Great Buy If you ask me, almost a Bargain! Started his life at Man City Very Well & has been one of the Stand-out Players so far. Bought him for his Pure Whole Heartedness & his Ability to turn Defence into Attack. Great Buy.

Erik Lamela - River Plate - £7 million - One of the best Talents to come out of Argentina sice Messi, Di Maria etc. Many People never seem to buy him, either they don't know about him or they just don't thinkhe's Good enough bu, for me he can become World Class! £7 million is a Steal for a Player who has so much Potential.

Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain - Southampton - £2.1 million - One of my Favourite Players. Simple As.

Alan Dzagoev - CSKA Moskva - £180k Loan Fee (£4.7 million Option To Buy) - When a Player like Dzagoev becomes available, you have to fork out to get him. Will provide Great Cover for david Silva along with Lamela. Technically Good with some Great Mental Attributes. Looks a Good Deal.

Out's;

Jo - Napoli - £1 million Loan Fee - No Need for him to be perfectly honest. Used to like him wen he was at CSKA Moscow but, has dissappointed me.

Various Youth Players (including John Guidetti & Jeremy Helan) - Various Lower League Clubs - Loan Deals - Will all Ultimatley benefit from regular Footy, especially the Promising Guidetti.

Season's Objectives;

- To compete for the Premier League Title.

- To Win either the FA Cup, Carling Cup or Europa League.

There we go, it was a bit overdue but, I've got it out of the way! :D

C'MON YOU CITY!

Sakho has won fans player of the season twice in a row for me, so he should be a good signing. And why did you buy Vanden Boore? Seems like an unusual signing so would be nice to hear why you got him :)

Got Vanden Borre mainly because he can play a number of positions in defence, and he has always been one of my favourite FM players, although I do think I have maybe signed to many players, Hazard not even making my team at moment, playing 4-2-3-1 with Johnson and Wright Phillips on the left and right wings respectively.

Oh dear god. This season is not going well. In fact, it's becoming a disaster. I can't get any of my desired signings bar Hoilett who is the least important to me at this moment. I'm trying to sign Raphael Varane but Atletico won't accept anything (including a £45M offer). I'm signing Vedran Corluka for £975k as a utility player and a back-up - he is transfer-listed at Spurs and I might as well snap up a bargain for a 27 year old who still has great current potential and is capable of playing in several places.

Injuries have ravaged my squad and I just lost my second ever home game in 3 and a half years. Damn embarrassment, tbh. Coventry beat me in the 3rd round of the FA Cup. Because of my injuries it means I've been starting the exact same players every game so I decided to play a group of youths (Fernando Gago was the only person who wasn't reserve/youth). Was beaten comfortably 2-0 by them. Horrible result for me. 3rd round, too. I've got to win the Champions League or Premier League, but they're both going to be difficult. The former because I drew Lyon, who are one of two teams to win at COMS, and the latter because Arsenal (and Cavani) can't stop scoring and have opened a 2 point gap. It's small, I know, but their form is so good that it's going to be extremely difficult to fight back and win, especially with my injuries. Not having fun at the moment on this save.

My season may be on the up, actually. Seconds after making this post, I signed Pastore on a free (he doesn't move until the summer though), I have offered Corluka a contract, an offer of £5M plus a decent youth for Danny Wilson was accepted, also. I have 2 defenders coming in, Junior Hoilett signed already and I'm getting a World Class, Golden Ball winner and runner-up on a free contract. Now to finish the second half of the season strong...

Lone Gooner, I sold Johnson after a couple of good seasons, and Hazard became rotation AML. He's actually got a better average rating than the 31 year old Messi, and Messi's physicals are dropping quickly. Oh well, just means more games for Hazard :D

And that's a great free signing with Pastore. Best free I've had so far is Rene Adler, who was amazing for me for years.

Dear god, just lost to Wolves and I've slipped 5 behind Arsenal. Cavani continues to be a monster - 22 goals in 20 appearances, and with his form Arsenal are going to keep scoring and scoring and scoring. I wish I had somebody like him. All of the big name striker that could be consistent are either uninterested, old, or injured. It's frustrating, because as good as Dzeko is, he keeps going through massive goal droughts and it's not helping me at all, I'm struggling to find goals for some reason.

And yeah, extremely happy with that signing of Pastore. He's developed immensely, he's finished 2nd for the Golden Ball and then won it last year. Palermo just couldn't get him to sign a contract and amazingly no other team snapped him up for around £20M. Getting him on a free contract will allow me to start playing Tevez as a ST again, meaning consistency. It seems like to long ago when I had Tevez playing ST and he scored 33 goals in a season.

Oh, god damn it. Corluka had been loaned out to CSKA and now I can't play him because it's illegal to play for 3 teams in 1 year. Frustrating. Thankfully Richards and Robinson are back from injury, and Neuer and Balotelli are just about to come back.

Hahaha, Arsenal just lost 4-3 to Liverpool and I've closed the gap to 2 points. With so many players to choose from, I'm back in with a great chance now. What I do want to know though, is it:

Karim Benzem for £7.5M (transfer listed), yay or nay?

Who are your first choice strikers? Guessing Tevez and...? I'd probably take him for that tbh.

I got Pastore on my game first season, and has been fairly consistent. I use him as a CM though, as it gives my formation balance, so he doesn't play as well as he could. He rotates with Paulo Henrique as well.

My strikers are Dzeko and Babacar, both of which are very on/off with their goalscoring. I need a natural goalscorer, and I think that Benzema is a decent choice. I also have Paco Alcacer, but he is out on loan. I have played Tevez as an AMC since season 1, where he is now natural. I'll probably push him into ST when Pastore arrives, so that I can play Pastore in AMC regularly. Even though Tevez will be 30, he'll still be my captain and a world class player. I have the intention of him retiring at the club and remaining as captain the whole time. Maybe not playing every game, but definitely having the chance to come in and change the game for my side.

Just lost 2-1 to Arsenal at the Emirates. 5 behind them now, gutted.

AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH, more dropped points. I'm seriously losing my patience with this team now. I need Bale so much, Balotelli is awful and I don't have any other LWs. I have no idea what I'm supposed to do to get my team playing. Dzeko misses sitters upon sitters, and Benzema needs time. This is frustrating, I'm going to go insane. 7 behind Arsenal with 14 games to go.

Babacar was/is an amazing poacher for my team, scoring 70 goals in 142 league games. In all competitions his stats are: 156 starts, 106 sub appearances, 137 goals. He obviously could've got a lot more goals if he started every game, and so I think he's a great player. What role you using him with?

Tevez was also great for me as an advanced forward. His lowest scoring season was 26 goals in all competitions. His best was 45 in 44 (5).

Well, I'm quite weird with my formation in that I only play with Lone Strikers as Complete Forwards Attack. I don't know why, it's just how I've always played. In 4 years this is what it's achieved for Dzeko:

Season 1 - 31 appearances, 16 goals, 9 assists, 3 MoM, 7.45 avg rating

Season 2 - 30 appearances, 19 goals, 9 assists, 6 MoM, 7.47 avg rating

Season 3 - 36 appearances, 22 goals, 6 assists, 7 MoM, 7.32 avg rating

Current - 25 appearances, 13 goals, 6 assists, 2 MoM, 7.24 avg rating

Babacar hasn't had many chances, and whenever he gets them he's largely disappointing. However I'll definitely try him out as a Poacher.

With Tevez in behind Dzeko at AMC, he's been immense (mostly). Here is how he has been over 4 years.

Season 1 - 32 appearances, 33 goals, 10 assists, 12 MoM, 7.94 avg rating

Season 2 - 34 appearances, 5 goals, 11 assists, 1 MoM, 7.20 avg rating

Season 3 - 35 appearances, 18 goals, 8 assists, 6 MoM, 7.41 avg rating

Current - 29 appearances, 8 goals, 12 assists, 3 MoM, 7.32 avg rating

So yeah, effective (although can't match that form of season 1, disappointingly). It doesn't seem like he's done much, but his general involvement in games is top notch.

Just dropped another 2 points at home to Newcastle. Arsenal are 9 ahead now with 9 games to go. I've accepted that I can't win the League 4 years in a row. I suppose it's nice to let somebody else win for a change, eh? I've not even played bad, I have P29, W21, D4, L4 - that's really good. But Arsenal (and CAVANI GOD DAMN IT) have been far too good. He's got 30 goals in 28 games, it's unbelievable how good he is. I'm going to offer my entire budget to try and sign him, because not only will it send Arsenal back to their mediocre 3/4th place finishes (and even 6th in my 3rd season), I'll have the most lethal player I've ever seen on an FM game (that I've been involved in).

By the way, goalscoring hasn't been a problem for me (ever), except this season. In season 1 in the League I scored 101 goals, season 2 was 92, 3 was 81 but I currently only have 62 which is a major disappointment.

Just lost to Wigan away from home. This is a disaster. I think a major clearout is necessary. Aaron Ramsey, Mario Balotelli, Jerome Boateng, Edin Dzeko all need to go. In fact, even if I just get Bale back from injury I'll be happy.

Ha, didn't lose to Wigan afterall. I thought I was certain to lose because I was a man down and losing 2-0. But Tevez and Ramsey dragged me back into it with 2 goals in the last 13 minutes to draw 2-2. Doesn't matter, still not winning the league.

Knocked out of the Champions League in the First Knockout Round to Lyon 2-1 on aggregate. No silverware this season, massively disappointed with myself.

Hey guys, I had a save rolling with the intention of getting the Icelandic League Rep. up, but got bored and checked out that Man City had finished 8th the first season. I thought I could do some improvements with the team so I took charge of it, sold Bellamy, Bridge, Given, Zabaleta and loads of others that I didnt see in my plans. I'll post screenshots of the transfers the first season I was in charge:

m9uhxi.png

I sticked with a 4-4-2 tactic i had created with my Icelandic team, made some adjustments to make it more attacking since City has very good players. I ended 1st with 27 W - 10 D - 1 L. Some very exciting games like a 5-5 draw against Arsenal and a 4-4 Draw against United. My only loss was against West Ham who finished 2nd!

Dzeko scored 27 goals and Tevez 24. The next season I changed the tactic a little and now Dzeko has 22 goals in 18 games (yes only 18 games) but I have had to rotate from Rossi and Tevez due to some injuries with key players. 18 league games in and I have W 15 - D 0 - L 3, one of the loss was due to a red card from Tevez against Arselan in the 4th min! (Enjoy your 2 weeks with no pay) and the other two were against Chelsea (34yr old Drogba with a hat-trick?) and a 0-2 loss against Tottenham (2 corner goals but else a very even game)

On total this season I have lost 4 (Arsenal, Chelsea, Tottenham and Barcelona) games and won the rest.

Here's my recent form:

kf0dx2.png

And my transfers this season:

1pb3bl.png

Now I'm just trying to fix the defence in my tactic, I feel like the AI gets too many shots at my goal. And my other goal is to inject money into Icelandic clubs to help the league get up, I guess Man City is the legit way to inject cash into small clubs (Pay high loan fees for 1 month loans)

This truly is too easy with a Sugar Daddy, but I've never tried this before so I decided to give it a go.

It does seem to get harder, because you need to maintain a high standard of players, keep so many high profile players happy, bring up good youth prospects through the academy (something I've not managed to do, I need to buy in foreign youths unfortunately). Well, that's how I feel. I topped the league 3 years in a row to then finish 3rd in my 4th season (though I did holiday the last 2 and a half months because I had no chance of winning anything).

Archived