Cannot run game: failed to set up graphics system - FM11 Demo - please help

"The SwiftShader logo overlay cannot be removed in the Demonstration

release. It is of course disabled in the commercial version."

In, SwiftShader - Read Me.

What is... & the difference between the demonstation release and the commercial version? do u mean the fm11 demo & full game?

What is... & the difference between the demonstation release and the commercial version? do u mean the fm11 demo & full game?

Yup. So just wait more ~10 days, and then you can play the Full game without that logo (it's kind of annoying).

Downloaded Direct X

Downloaded Swiftshader

Still get the same error message

Can anyone help me?

Same problem as this...downloaded directx nov. version and june version and swiftshader and updated my nvidia driver

Yeah i dont know what driver i have, therefore cannot install anything. My computer doesnt know either, and i dnt wna open it up cos i will probably break it :/

You don't have to open anything up. For starters, run windows update and see if it suggests updating graphics card drivers...

If that fails, either dxdiag or some more information on your PC specs would be very handy.

• Administrators
Yeah i dont know what driver i have, therefore cannot install anything. My computer doesnt know either, and i dnt wna open it up cos i will probably break it :/

Andy you are in direct contact with me, you don't need to ask all these questions elsewhere as well. There's an issue where we cannot identify your graphics card and our IT team is looking into this for you. Cheers.

You don't have to open anything up. For starters, run windows update and see if it suggests updating graphics card drivers...

If that fails, either dxdiag or some more information on your PC specs would be very handy.

As im probably on the same page as andyrich.. how do i exactly give information about my PC specs..for e.g.my RAM is 512mb (lol i know its a pretty shocking amount).

dxdiag...

directx1.jpg

Make: Packard Bell

Model: IMEDIA S 1839

No idea what the graphics card is, when i go to the device manager it shows me this...

devicemanager1.jpg

Neil Brock has told me that it is most probably the things with the yellow question marks next to them, i have tried reinstalling them, updating them etc, but it keeps saying i need a CD, which i don't have.

No, make sure d3d8.dll, d3d9.dll and SwiftShader.ini are in the main FM11 folder (Where fm.exe is!)

Hi mate,

I must be doing something wrong, when I download SwiftShader and extract the folder with winrar to desktop I see two folders x64 and x86 (i think) and 3 other files. When I click on the x folders I see d3d9.dll in both of them, the exact same file and no SwiftShader.ini in the whole folder?

Please help me as i'm going bald! :(

Hello all

I have taken the advice of King-Alkmaar 99 but when I try open the Direct-X properties dialog properties box, it doesn't appear in the same format as shown.

Can anyone please advise? I have having massive trouble trying to play FM11!!

MarcDB5

• 1 month later...

Please help i have downloaded swift shader and DirectX and and the other thing and have extracted them all. im using steam but still the error message about graphics keeps coming up. :( I have an ATI RADEON XPRESS 200 SERIES graphics card which i dont know how to update it

Didnt work, i think its because of my poor proccesor on my computer and the poor graphics which i dont know how to update :/ but i am getting a macbook pro in a few days it should definitely work with a mac? i will be also geting full version aswell :)

• 3 months later...

i am trying to play the full version but the game does not even start, no messages come up, nothing. can't even find a bloody way to contact the sega technitians so thats why i'm posting it here. I am using steam, please can any1 help me, i tried the options given through this discussion but no luck.

By the way this is one of the most annoying fm game so far, trying to be too clever

ive tried using this link but i get an email to follow link to download so i do and then next page all i get a copyright google inc

how do i get it to work now.

im pulling my hair out with this. surly we pay good money for the game no faults like this should be happening

• 1 month later...

Well, i had same issue (not just on fm) and there wasn't problem with directX or graphics card (all up to date). It was in hardware acceleration setting so I set it up to fullest and problem was gone.

To do this right click on desktop and choose properties, then go to settings tab click advanced then troubleshoot and you are there (this is for xp, if you are using any other OS here is the link to page that explains how to http://www.pptfaq.com/FAQ00129.htm )

p.s hardware acceleration can make your internet a bit slower so when not playing roll it back to medium

Hope it helps.

Archived