FM:11 Official Norwich City Thread sponsored by Q.I. & Celebrity Chefs

Chongtom

• Replies 163
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Doing exams at the minute so haven't played/posted much. Very nice kits (Y)

Have played 37 games so far, and stand in 2nd place, though still not greatly consistent. I will definately change my tactics at ther end of the season and i believe they are good for the Championship but suspect defensively. It's tight at the top of the table (exclusing Newcastle are 11 points ahead in 1st). 4 points seperate myself and leeds who are having a blip but the other teams in the playoffs barely have a point seerating them which should make for an exciting finish :D After changing to a 4-3-3 i started playing Simeon Jackson who has bagged 4 goals and 5 assists in 12 games - if only i'd have used him last season! Gudjohnsen has 10 goals and 4 assists and Mphela has 17 goals this season though goes through dry patches. If it wasn't for my front 3, i would be struggling outside the playoffs. DeMerit has been excellent for me.

Won 5-1 against Blackpool and 5-2 against Ipswich after being 2-0 down inside the first 10 mins, they got a man sent off and Mphela got a hat trick. We were helped by this awful own goal

Apologies but my graphics card is **** so no stadiums etc. :p

I've got a lot of people leaving for free in the summer including Holt, Askou, jackson, Niflore and S Smith but hopefully barring a shambles, i will be in the Prem and it will be very useful having them off my wage bill!

Try the tactics I mentioned in one of my earlier posts...seem to be pretty good, take a few games to settle in (so ideal to start using in pre-season, but very counter attacking with a good defence.

Looks like your going up though Chong, so grats....keep us updated. And good luck with the exams :)

Just finished my 4th season. Won the europa league against Celtic 2-1 and managed to sneak in fourth, though it was tense and came down to the last game of the season against man city - the winner would get fourth place. So i was over joyed i managed to do a 'double' and get champions league. Just played through the summer and felt that my defence needed tightening up so i bought Phil jones from blackburn for 11 mil and Fabio from spurs (formerly of Man utd) for 4 mil. One of my strikers (Sergio Araujo) handed in a transfer request because he wanted a better contract, despite being a good striker with a decent goal ratio i'm letting him go as he was very injury prone and my striker force (lukaku, Galvan and Griffiths) is well equipped to handle premier league. All in all i'm quitely confident about mounting a Premier league title challenge this coming season, as i only finished 7 points behind UTD who won it this season.

P.s How do i put up screenshots?

Use imageshack or something like that. Print screen, paste into paint, save and upload on image shack where you get the URL etc. then you can post it on here.

Will change them in pre-season Mav :) Well played Nova, doing well. Phil Jones is quality!

Ok here are some Print screens to back up my success.

First one is one of my current squad, only player who's missing in Sergio Araujo, who's serving a stint in reserves.

FM11printscreens.png

Heres one of my league position last season:

FM11printscreens2.png

Here are my cup successes:

FM11printscreens8.jpg

FM11printscreens9.jpg

If anybody else would like to see/ know anything else about my game feel free to ask and i'll post some more print screens.

Started a game with Norwich, support them and I never seem to be Norwich.

Signed Leigh Griffiths for 500k, Craig Eastmond and Henri Lansbury on loan.

Started the season well sitting top at 3 games beating Burnley and Crystal Palace both 4-0 and drew to Coventry 1-1.

Oli Johnson is absolutely brilliant for me with 5 assists and 3 goals in 4 game.

sig.php?u=11526

Would never have guessed that Johnson would be decent. But then again i tryed out S. Jackson towards the end of the 2nd season and he repaid me with 9 goals and 11 assists in 20 games :p Finished 2nd that season and am just about to start my first league game of the season in the prem against Aston Villa. Was 10 points off Newcastle and 10 points ahead of Leeds in 3rd. DeMerit, Gudjohnson, Surman (quality from LB in the champ) and Shittu were my star performers. League table: http://img600.imageshack.us/img600/2440/leaguetable1.png

I got 11m to battle to avoid relegation and i'm spending 124K on wages, which surely must be the lowest in the league, many in the Championship spend more than that. The problem is that i can only spend up to 14,000 a week on a key player meaning even if i have the transfer money to sign a player, it's much harder to get good quality with such a low wage :/

Transfers In: Tom Ford ( http://img827.imageshack.us/img827/1239/tomford.png ) 2.5m, Solvi Ottesen (1.3m), Gustav Svensson (825K), J Jarosik (Free), Ondrej Celustka (800K), Ludovic Sane (1.2m), John Fleck (5.5m)

Picked Ford up from Southampton and looks a quality player, Fleck likewise will be a good player. Had to put the Ford deal over 48 months becuase the board hadn't given me my budget when Blackburn put in a bid, dubbed to be the next A. Shearer :p For Fleck, 1.5m was spread over 48 months but the clubs finances should be solid now we're in the EPL and he's only on 10K wages though his agent was a ****. Got some very good regens coming through as well, in particular 3 who could all make leading prem standard :D

Transfer Out Lappin, Niflore, Holt, Askou, Fox, Martin, S Smith (all Free), Crofts (200K), Rudd (800K) + loads of youths

Have changed my tactics to a 4-1-3-2 which in preseason led to loads of unbelievably boring games but because the squad is extremely inferior to the rest in the EPL, keeping it tight is a priority and i'm hoping to score some goals through luck/counter/set peices. Hopefully we'll stay up!

----------------Ruddy-----------------

Yakubu--Ottesen--Sane--Celustka

--------------Svensson---------------

-------Elm-----Deegan----Fleck

-----------Ford------Mphela---------- Heres my squad and my fingers are crossed for 17th place :)http://img16.imageshack.us/img16/9946/squad1.png

Well welcome back Sax :) Lansbury is very good.

22 games into the first season in the Prem and i'm sitting (not pretty) at 16th in the table, 6 points of relegation and 5 points off 12th place. My tactics have led to a very tight and largely unexciting season, so much so, i wonder why we are still getting money for television rights. We rarely score and rarely concede but when we do score we score a couple and when we do concede (to the big teams) we concede a shedload (largely long shots, we are not often sliced open)! :p I've got 11 losses, 6 draws and 5 wins. I could and should make a new attack minded tactic for games we are favourites for but i cba until the next season. My aim is to consolidate our position in the EPL and so far i am acheiving it :) We are out of the FA Cup and League Cup BTW. Top performers are Tom Ford (4 goals, 4 assists) and Ludovic Sane with 3 goals (SimJ and Mphela both have 4 gls).

In January the board thank God gave me 7m which is really good and sold a young player for a mil. Unfortunately the wage budget remains the same but i have dipped into the market for a pacy striker and am hopefully just about to sign Rogelio Funes Mori for 8m, which is a lot, but i cannot attract many other players better and he will guarentee us some goals :)

EDIT: Did sign him, 3rd game in, 88th minute he scores against Tottenham at White Hart Laneto make it 1-0 to bring the 3 points back to East Anglia :) Money well spent!

Thanks guys, appreicated.

No to far into the season only 3 league games and 2 cup games played. I'm working on a steady rotation system in all areas of the field and its working out great.

Results however not so much

League

Crystal Palace 3-2 Norwich Ward 2, were 2-0 up then lost it..

Preston 2-1 Norwich Jackson 1, couldn't hit the net after going 2 down in the first 10 minutes.

Reading 2-2 Norwich Corocoles 1, Kezman 1 A great game glad we held on to the draw after going down to 10 men.

Cup

Maccesfield 0-5 Norwich Can't remenber who scored, great victory

Wolves 0-3 Norwich OMFG Can't believe we won it. Scored 3 in 30 mins, then weathered the storm for the rest of the match.

If you stick with your tactics then match preperation slowly works its magic, you start to get some results Sax which is what i found this season, because particularly during the 2nd half of the season, we were improved.

Just finished my 3rd season with Norwich, coming 14th in the Premier League which i am delighted about! I reached the magical 40 points with a couple of games to go, whichout playing particularly brilliantly aside from in a few games. http://img191.imageshack.us/img191/5066/eplleaguetable2.png

I just need a more attacking, different tactic to use when things aren't working which i will make this pre season, particularly to use against teams who i should be beating but don't do convincingly. Against the big sides i either lose 3 or 4 nil or do well like when we played Chelsea and won 3-1 courtesy of a hat-trick from Rogelio Funes Mori and when we should have won against Man City where we were 2-1 up after 85 mins only for Adebayor to score, and then Milner! Our home form is also excellent unlike our away form.

Got several people leaving on a free in a months time but gave new contracts to Yakubu and Korey Smith. Got a new contract myself running until 2017 after i negotiated the wagge down and the years up :) Star performers this season have been Sane (who a lot of big clubs are sniffing around), Gary Deegan and Tom Ford, though noonne has been outstanding consistently, everyone's been average because 1 week we do well, the next we don't and the next weeks a draw :phttp://img62.imageshack.us/img62/5429/squad2.png

Will post transfers when i've done them :)

I'm now in my fourth season with City. Just to recap; in my first season I went up from the Championship as champions. In my second season we finished an impressive 10th place. In my third, I finished 5th, despite being in third with two games to go and the possibility of winning the league. I unfortunately then lost my last two games (to the teams in second and first to be fair) meaning I slipped out of the Champions League positions. Grrr!

This season has lead to me basically bulking out the squad. As before, I'm pretty much sifting through the transfer lists for bargains; despite having a good £200k a week on the wage budget and £40mil in the transfer kitty. I've brought in Dundee's David Goodwillie (SC) and Keith Watson (D/WB R) on frees. Goodwillie in particular has had a great start, banging in two against Chelsea and setting up Frazier Campbell for the third. Watson is good, capable, young back up for my first choice, Steven Whittaker. I bought in Peterborough's Joe Lewis for just £1.5mil (he had a clause allowing him to go to any higher placed team for that amount). Joe will be rotated with my regular no. 1, Remy Riou who I got on a free the season I got promoted. He's proven to be an exceptionally capable goalkeeper. The other signing I've made is Inter's Sulley Muntari. Released from his contract, I snapped him up quick. He's the perfect DM for my tactic and a ready made replacement for the ageing Mahamadou Diarra.

So, the squad currently looks like this;

GKs

Remy Riou (Free, 2nd Season)

Joe Lewis (£1.5mil from Peterborough, 4th Season)

Wojciech Szczesny (Free, 2nd Season)

DRs

Steven Whittaker (£2.2mil, Rangers, 3rd Season)

Keith Watson (Free, 4th Season)

DLs

Patrick van Aarnholt (£3.5mil, Chelsea third season having spent second season on loan)

Marcho Rocha (£2.2mil regen from Portugese side - a superb potential for the future)

DCs

Magnus Troest (Free after release from Genoa, third season having spent second season on loan - a very worthwhile addition, highly recommended)

Aythami (£3.5mil from Valencia, 4th Season)

Robert Huth (£5.5mil from relegated Stoke, 3rd Season)

Elliot Ward (From Start)

DM

Mahamadou Diarra (Free, 2nd Season)

Sulley Muntari (Free, 4th Season)

MC

Korey Smith (From Start)

Jermaine Jenas (Free, 3rd Season)

(Can also play Weiss through middle as well)

AMR

Robert Rosales (£6mil from Leverkusen I believe, still being retrained for AMR, 4th season)

David Templeton (£1.2mil from Hearts, 2nd Season)

Vladimir Weiss (£1.2mil from Man City, 3rd Season January)

AML

Zoran Tosic (£4.2mil from Man City, 4th Season)

Andrew Surman (From Start)

(Can also play Templeton on left too)

SC

Frazier Campbell (£2.5mil from Sunderland, 3rd Season)

Jermaine Beckford (£2.2mil from Everton, 2nd Season)

Carlton Cole (£8mil from West Ham, 3rd Season)

David Goodwillie (Free from Dundee Utd, 4th Season)

That's the squad. I've got a few regens coming through the ranks and with the remaining cash I've got I intend to scour the globe for some other regens. I may look to bring in someone in January with a bit of flair and creativity to replace workman like Jenas. I'm also getting job offers from very bizarre teams. Leverkusen. Villaraell. Espanyol. CSKA Moscow. I've also had an offer from Everton, which I've saved as a seperate file and am occasionally playing as well. I'm not keen on moving abroad so I only consider the English/Scottish teams (although I am saving these job offers in case I fancy a challenge).

Just started a game with Norwich. Signed four free transfers (Basturk, Goncalves, Demerit and Yakubu), brought in Lansbury on loan, and Mphela and Griffiths. In wage debt so trying to generate funds to plug into that. So far won 2/2, Palace in the league and Stockport in the League Cup. Playing a 4-1-2-1-2 narrow diamond which is working well so far. Upgrades definitely needed at DM and GK.

Line-up so far is Ruddy, Yakubu, Drury, Demerit, Goncalves, Tudor-Jones, Surman, Lansbury, Basturk, Mphela, Griffiths.

Ruddy is great for the Championship and i'm am still using him in the Prem, though i am not looking to get another keeper in, but initially a new GK was not a priority.

That looks a cracking team Lincoln (Y)

I look to have done all my transfers and it not yet August! I got £17.5m to avoid relegation and 210K wage bill.

Transfers In Pontus Wernbloom (4.5m), Mark Reynolds (2.9m), Michael Morrison (1.2m), Helge Haugen (1.1m), R Santa Cruz, Steven Pienaar & Steven Defour (all free)

Morrison was brought as backup, annd he was a fairly cheap and english CB. Haugen, Santa Cruz and Pienaar were also brought as subs/squad players. Reynolds is a good LB and Wernbloom is a good DM/CM. Defour was a steal for free albeit it on 24K wages (my average wage for just the first team squad excluding youths is £8589). He will be a great tutor and probably my first top quality player.

Transfers Out Jiri Jarosik, E Gudjohnsen, L Miller, W Hoolahan, A Surman, J DeMerit, D Shittu + many youths (all FREE), Mphela (2m)

All were old and not important players for me + it freed up 40K on my wage bill :) Mphela had an expensive contract and so i just wanted him out so that freed up another 20K on the wage bill on top of the 40!

My team will be hopefully good enough to be around 10th place possibly a little higher though Europe would be too far a leap. The first XI is good but the squad ain't great. I am working on creating another attacking tactic (4-1-2-1-2) to use along with the one i used last season which should get me more results. The team in the usula tactic (4-1-3-2):

----------------Ruddy-----------------

Yakubu--Ottesen--Sane--Reynolds

---------------Wernbloom------------

-----Defour-----Deegan----Fleck----

------------Ford----R Funes Mori-----

I've still got 9m left of the transfer budget but other than a GK i don't see an especially weak place in the team, besides the targets i am after are all very expensive. Got a month before the season starts to tune my tactics and then i hope for a good mid table finish :)

Not too bad Sax. Good luck in the cup - always two sides to a cup run - the money but then the tiredness for the league games.

I myself have started a City game, as a supporter, for the first time this year. Strange I never play as them.

I got in the usual suspect of Lansbury on loan, Franco who doesnt play much as I have Leigh Giffiths who signed for £600k. Also got in Matthijs, Moussi (900k), Nlundulu as a prospect and Kabous. The signings seem to be working out, Giffiths playing well with holt, 12 goals between them in 6 apps (9 for holt, 3 for Griffiths).

Playing a 4,1,3,2 and sit unbeaten since the start of the league (w3, d1) and have advanced to the 3rd rnd of the league cup having beat Middlesbrough in extra time; also 6 games without conceding, which surprises me with the defence. That should all go pear shape soon, I know it.

Thanks Chongtom!

Apparently, according to the news I just got is that I am in for the sack if I dont beat Coventry!

We are currently sitting in 8th from 12 games with 5w, 4d, 3l. Dont get me wrong, it isnt perfect, but a good set of results that, as a city supporter myself, would have been happy with at the start of the year. This has completely thrown me. Better not lose my job after this :/

You shouldn't be getting the sack for that :S Your predicted 17th i think by the media at teh start of the 1st season. In 8th, your board confidence should be at least secure unless there are lots of unhappy players and other factors going wrong :S Could be a bug or you've had a bad couple of results. I get those kind of articles all season tbh from other managers not having the greatest time at their clubs but theuy are hardly ever sacked unless it consistently keeps going badly for ages. You should be safe..

Well, he wasn't best pleased.....

But he I got him down to 120k a week, the fans lauded me, finance director went on about shirt sales etc etc....and the lad banged in 6 in 4 so far....so....I'm reasonably happy :)

He is now joint top earner with Dean Attril ( a regen who came through the academy), who could ask me for a million a week and I would quite happily pay it him (if had the money) as he in all honesty, the best player I have ever had in any CM/FM game....the lad was born in Norwich, gone from under 18's, reserves, first team to almost one of the best players in the world.....

Will get some screens of him up over the weekend.

Good good, i look forward to it :) Will probably post again in the next couple of days as i am at college atm. I've got a great regen coming through too called jamie Lucas who came through the academy. Getting U21 games with my first team Striker regen Tom Ford and he's only 17. Not outrageous stats but they are all good solid ones, might post a screenie soon.

After an awful week in work I have finally gotten round to completing my fifth season with Norwich and what a season! Won the Eurpean super cup, Premierleague and the Champions League. The Champions league being possibly my proudest achievement on any FM (replacing a 77 game unbeaten run with Panathinaikos on fm09) as I had to beat Athletico Madrid, Man utd, Real Madrid and Marsaille to win it. And best of all I won it with several of the original players in my squad, Adeyemi is an animal for me.

I'll post a few screen caps when I get home. Next season Aim is the FA cup as that is one trophy I that continues to elude me.

Congrats Nova, i've never won the Champions League on any FM! I'm half way through the 5th season, doing well, but not quite as well as you as i'm 7th in the EPL :p

Just ending January, signed Garra Dembele, after having to put in repeated bids becuase his agent was a nob and wouldn't budge on the minimum release fee. I've played well all season, have been hard to break down and generally take my chances when the luck is with us. Dembele should certainly improve my strike force which was too reliant on Ford and Funes Mori (Ford has 4 goals, 7 assists, Mori has 12 goals, 3 assists) and he scored in the last minute on his debut to nick 3 points against Bolton :D Other good results include battering Chelsea (who have Dzeko!) 4-0 at Stamford Bridge and beating Aston Villa and Tottenham comfortably. Fleck, Ottesen, Sane and Defour have been very good for me so far. I'm aiming for a top half finish seeing how well this season is going so far :)

I also became manager of Sweden for LOLZ and because i have 3 players who are Swedish at Norwich and got my contract extended to 2019 on 20K a week thanks to my beloved board :)

Its been a while since i last posted anything so here goes nothing!

Very happy with the success that I am bringing to Carrow Road, now into my 3rd season and 2nd season in the EPL. I will start at the beginning, which ended in Automatic Promotion via 2nd place.

norwich201011season.jpg

norwich201011transfers.jpg

I thought I used the loan market well, with the likes of Ramsey, Kakuta and Walker adding the extra class to the permanent transfers I brought in. Fernando Arce was a massive let down, proving to be my worst signing to date. He was either injured or being left on the bench by the likes of Bebe or Denneboom. I would recommend Griffiths (nothing new there!), Demerit and Goncalves (very solid centre back partnership) and assist king Enzo Maresca.

After promotion to the premiership, i received £19m from the board. I found it very difficult to attract quality players due to the clubs small reputation. Most of the players signed were unknowns to me and was not particularly happy with the lack of British players in the squad.

norwich201112season.jpg

norwich201112transfers.jpg

I was delighted to finish 7th, after a shaky start with the team needed to gel. Scoring was not a problem for the my Caneries, with the lethal partnership of Griffiths and Kiki Fonseca producing 46 goals and 21 assists. Other notable key players were Andraz Kirm (£650k Left winger who finished with 8 goals and 8 assists after a serious injury to Buonanotte), new signing Luis Perea and the old players from last season (Griffiths, Maresca and Griffiths etc.)

Into my 3rd season and currently sitting 3rd behind Man United and Chelsea. Decided it was time to add some British flavour to my squad, signing the likes of Phil Jones (£17m), Jack Cork, SWP, Scott Sutter (all free), Jack Collison (£1.1m) , Fraizer Campbell (£2.5m) and Steven Taylor (£2.6m). Hope to push for a place in Europe next season and the team seem to working well with Griffiths, Fonseca and Buonanotte all on fire. Enzo Maresca is still pulling the strings in midfield, assisting in 7 goals in 16 goals despite some awful physical stats (he is 32 these days).

Hello everybody after numerous games around ive decided to settle at my beloved canaries, and ive started pretty well im 5th going into the jan tran window

Signed

Henri Lansbury - loan

Suk - loan

Martin Kelly - loan

Leigh Griffiths - 400k

Sold - Nobody! I have Nelson, Gill, Hughes, Daley, Johnson all on transfer list and nobody wants them even when offered out on free's! Anybody else having trouble getting rid?

Im also undecided on who to play as my center back partners i have Barnett and Ward but Askou and Whitbred are unhappy and i dont really wanna sell them?

Final question do you guys sell Holt at any point, he is already my third choice striker and will only get worse but cannot bring myself to sell him?

I decided to send Barnett back due to his wages. You can usual agree to sign him on loan with no wages if you extend his deal. I liked the look of whitbread but found his injury proneness a problem.

I found Holt quite effective, came good in the second half of the season playing with Griffiths. Scored about 15 goals and assisted heavily as well. Sold him after getting promoted sadly :(

Holt is a very good player for Champ. sides, worth keeping hold of. It is harder to sell players if they're not young/playing regular first team football etc. so often i just had to accept that i wasn't gonna get market value, offer them out and hope for the best.

-

Just finished my 5th season and it was a great one :) Just about clung onto 6th on the last day of the season despite losing 2-1 to Arsenal. I managed to recover from a point where we didn't win for 7 games in a row and won my final few games (fortunately most against the promoted sides). The league was quite tight in the miiddle right up to the end of the season. I'm not sure whether i get to play in the Europa League or not as i came 6th which says i should qualify but i have not heard anything yet (in 26th June) :S My top performers were Ottesen (7 gls, 1 ass.), Fleck (5 gls, 9 ass.), Ford (7 gls, 11 ass.) and Funes Mori(16 gls, 5 ass.). G Dembele came in and scored 4 goals in 5 games but then lost form, but still a great signing. Got to the quarters in the FA Cup after losing to Sunderland on pens in a match we dominated! League Screenie: league3.th.png

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Club debts have been wiped clear, i have 27m transfer budget for top half finish and 325K wages, looking for a keeper and a RB in particular, roll on next season!

just got back into my norwich save. Im in my 3rd season and after a shakey start I became the form team of the league and im now 5 points off the top with a game in hand mid-way through november. Roux and Griffiths have both got nearly a goal a game and Valdivia has 9 assists! Hoping for Champions league qualification...

Transfers In: James McCarthur (11m), Jonathan (4.9m), Wes Brown (Free), Simon Church (2.9m), Matt Mills (1.2m), Silviu Lung Jr (3.6m)

Transfers Out: Pienaar (Free), Santa Cruz (Free), Zaliukas (free), Haugen (free), Yakubu (free), K Smith (3.2m), S Jackson (1.2m)

16 games in, i'm 6th and playing well though not always getting the goals with the amount of chances we create. Rogelio Funes Mori is 2nd top scorer with 13 goals, him and Ottesen have the most amount of assists in the league (4) and Defour has the most assists (8) in the league. Everyone is playing well and so is the team. However, if it wasn't for Sunderland, Birmingham and newly promoted Wigan (all 3rd, 4th and 5th respectively) massively overacheiving, i would be 3rd as Chelsea, M City, M Utd are all knocking around mid table with Tottenham and many others! Hopefully should get a a place in Europe at the end of the season though.

• 3 weeks later...

Got a bit quiet lately, sorry :)

Came 5th in the league on 73 points last season which means, hooray European football next season which will attract better players and get us some more cool hard cash! Unfortuntaely i would have come 4th had Birmingham not mmassively over acheived and came 1st (!!!) but i was only 1 point away from 2nd place and 1 point away from 6th which led to an incredibly tight finish and we were unfortunate to have champions league football snatched away from us on the last day of the season on goal difference! Rogelio Funes Mori was brilliant with 25 goals and carried to the team to an extent with his excellent finishing.

I've put minimum expectation as european qualification via league finish and got £27m for it :)

Transfers In: Javier Hernandez, Aaron Mokeana (both free), Tom Jacobs (8.5m), Dean Martin (1.2m), T Taiwo (loan), Alfred N' Diaye (11m)

Transfers Out L Mayasi (1.8m), G Svensson (2m), R Fitzpatrick (2.5m) + loads of youths released

Still got a bit of cash left over for January. I would have liked a CB but there were no suitable cost effective alternatives to Ottesen so he will have to soldier into his 30's :)

EDIT: Hi Dom :p You just need to work your way around the game first. If you look at this thread it will give you some ideas for players to sign, particularly on the 1st page!

Lucky boy! I am making slow progress though am in Europa League in a group with Valencia, AZ Alk. and Hibernian. 2nd in prem (after 3 games :p ) getting a 3-0 win over Ipswich who are in the relegation places :) Also sold Michael Morrison to Aston Villa for £2.4m, with the chairman stepping in and accepting the offer when i really didn't want to see him leave!

• 2 weeks later...

I would play Grant Holt as Deep Lying Forward or Target Man, he can actually play quite well on FM as he is in RL (at the time of writing this he's just scored 2 as Norwich are winning 2-0 against Scunthorpe- still 2nd in the league :) ). Chris Martin i sold so not sure what role you should play him in, i'd experiment but i wouldn't make him first choice.

Just finished the 2015/16 season and i came 3rd in the Premier League, won the league cup (1-0 against Man City), 6th round of FA Cup and got to the quarter finals of the Europa League, being put out by Ajax. I played 64 games in the course of the season, and at the end was literally begging to be put out of the FA Cup and in particular the Europa League! I was comfortably 3rd in the prem but towards the end lost ground on Arsenal in 2nd. Ipswich also went down :)http://img218.imageshack.us/i/league5.png/

Individually, Chicharitoo scored 24 goals in the Prem, Ford did well with 14 goals, 13 assists (11 goals were in the first half of the season!), Fleck got 20 assists over the season and everyone played well as i had to rotate a lot (Funes Mori, normally a sub scored 19 goals) , though Defour was injured for over half the season :( Want to sign a new CB, LB maybe a RB, and perhaps another CM...

now i m 2nd season, i duno who should i sell and who should i buy because most of the good player salary is above 20k per week. and a lots offer to my players, grant holt 2 mil, andrew surman 5 mil, korey smith 5 mil, declan rudd reserve keeper 1 mil. should i sell them?

Well I'm back for 11.3. And I got to say, I'm finding it very tough.

The squad needs less doing to it, but what it does need is in terrible short supply. I'm trying hard to locate a good, solid striker with so far little success. I'm not paying over the odds for one, but appear to have little choice. I like Inverness' Adam Rooney, but not enough to pay the £1.5mil Inverness want for him at the £6k a week that Rooney himself wants. And as you'll all know, I'm not keen on looking abroad for my signings.

Well I'm back for 11.3. And I got to say, I'm finding it very tough.

The squad needs less doing to it, but what it does need is in terrible short supply. I'm trying hard to locate a good, solid striker with so far little success. I'm not paying over the odds for one, but appear to have little choice. I like Inverness' Adam Rooney, but not enough to pay the £1.5mil Inverness want for him at the £6k a week that Rooney himself wants. And as you'll all know, I'm not keen on looking abroad for my signings.

Give Adam La Fondre a punt, he has 350k buyout and will score goals at champ level, he did for me :)

Archived