FM:11 Official Norwich City Thread sponsored by Q.I. & Celebrity Chefs

Chongtom

• Replies 163
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Good stuff Roo :) It's great that Norwich are back in the Prem, definately deserved it after this cracking season.

I've got exams soon so i apologise for being a bit quiet but i plan on posting the transfers i've made soon

Just about to start with Norwich, any advice for me? seeing as i'm a Leicester fan haha

got my usual tactics set up n ready with a 4-2-2-2 quick, short passing counter attack style, always bags me goals!!!

so any advice folks?

Oh, am playing on patch 10.3! cheers folks

• 2 months later...
  • 5 weeks later...
Surprised this isnt more popular, considering alot of people play as Norwich. I recently started a Norwich save too and im enjoying it after 1 league game lol

Do they, though? Seems as though not many people are playing as Norwich this year. Will be nice to see if there are some more Norwich games next year as people battle to save them from relegation in the new game. I will for sure as always. I'll probably create a FM12 norwich thread and try and keep it going with personal updates when the time comes.

Still playing my original Norwich game on and off after 8 seasons. Currently battling it out to re-gain Champions League status after losing it last year, but currently things are looking up this year with 8 wins from a possible 10.

So, come on let's drum up some interest in playing Norwich in 11.3.

For me, the squad has a strong midfield, but lacks somewhat in attack and defence. Simeon Jackson has been downgraded a little, and Leon Barnett is very poor considering how good he actually is. The defence as a whole for that matter is pretty poor, so I've decided to allow Adam Drury to leave and keep Tierney as an alternative, sell Askou and buy one left back, one right back and two central defenders. I'll then add a striker as well, keeping Grant Holt, Simeon Jackson and Chris Martin. I then need a right wide midfielder, I've got my eye on one in particular who I'm trying to prise from his club.

I've tried to play a diamond formation without any success. My players don't really get enough clear chances. So I'm back to playing a straight forward 4-3-1-2, with two wide players. I'm playing Crofts as the holding player, but as a MC rather than DMC. Not had long enough to test it yet, so I'll report back.

So, come on let's drum up some interest in playing Norwich in 11.3.

For me, the squad has a strong midfield, but lacks somewhat in attack and defence. Simeon Jackson has been downgraded a little, and Leon Barnett is very poor considering how good he actually is. The defence as a whole for that matter is pretty poor, so I've decided to allow Adam Drury to leave and keep Tierney as an alternative, sell Askou and buy one left back, one right back and two central defenders. I'll then add a striker as well, keeping Grant Holt, Simeon Jackson and Chris Martin. I then need a right wide midfielder, I've got my eye on one in particular who I'm trying to prise from his club.

I've tried to play a diamond formation without any success. My players don't really get enough clear chances. So I'm back to playing a straight forward 4-3-1-2, with two wide players. I'm playing Crofts as the holding player, but as a MC rather than DMC. Not had long enough to test it yet, so I'll report back.

Good luck with the new signings and getting the 4-3-1-2 to work for you. I've had a number of problems with the initial squad on this years game, with their abilities in comparison to what they actually achieved in real life somewhat different, but understandably so. So after a year in the Championship, the team was almost unrecognisable in my save with just a couple of the originals remaining. My second season in the Championship saw promotion, hopefully you can do it in one LincolnCanary.

Well, I'm doing ok. 6th so far in February. The 4-3-1-2 works reasonably well, but I'm stuggling to get Grant Holt working within it. I'm keeping a blog of my exploits; http://offofonhere.wordpress.com/

Ah, will definately follow that. Nice blog though.

I'm kind of putting my Norwich game off, probably until FM12 when I start a new one. Sticking to two other saves that are important to my blog at the moment so I dont have time for the Norwich one really. Would be nice to see some more action in here though. Hopefully we'll be able to get something going with the release of 12.

thinking of starting a new game with norwich with wallys latest update, good challenge i reckon

I reckon so too, I briefly started one with Wallys update but just don't have the time at present with other things going on. I reckon they will definately be a good shout for a challenge in next years game.

Hope to see how you get on Charlie if you go ahead with it./

So! I finished 6th by the skin of my teeth, despite defeats in the final two games to Forest (who came 1st) and Bristol City (who came 2nd, doh!). I was 7th until literally a last minute equaliser by Crystal Palace against Reading.

Amazingly, however, I recovered from the bad form to beat Burnley and Derby to go up. I beat Derby a whopping 4-0 in a game that just went totally right for me. So now I'm entering the Premiership with a £14 mil budget and an intention to simply survive. I've decided to ditch the majority of the squad and pretty much start over. I've begged the board to up the transfer revenue, which they've done, meaning I keep 90% of everything I sell. With the sale of the majority of the squad, I've got £21 mil to spend. I've sunk £3 mil of that straight into the wage budget to give me a bit more pulling power.

I'm trying to get Charlie Adam in from Blackpool. He's unhappy and wants to leave Blackpool and is, according to the scouts, extremely interested in a move to us. However, Blackpool have thus far rejected offers of £4mil and £5.5mil, broken down over time. Not sure how much more I want to offer, especially with Aston Villa having got Per Ciljan Skeljbred sat in their reserves available for £300k on loan at £15k a week.

I have, however, moved quick to sign Leigh Griffiths from Wolves ahead of Blackburn for just £500k. Am pleased with that.

• 2 weeks later...

Here's the squad I've purchased and my thoughts:

GK. Fraser Forster - Newcastle £600k. Relegated Newcastle had him for sale at a bargain price.

GK. Declan Rudd - Progressed well being tutored by Aleksandrs Kolinko

GK. Aleksandrs Kolinko - Good, solid third choice keeper. Signed last season on a free.

DR. Kyle Naughton - £3.5mil from Spurs. My second largest investment. Young, already very talented but with potential to improve. Excited the fans too.

DR. Lee Hodson - £700k from relegated Watford. Again, young, potential to develop and will back up Naughton.

DL. Patrick van Aanholt - £1mil from Chelsea. See Kyle Naughton, really. Young, potentially very capable too.

DL. Carl Dickinson - Bosman free signing. Premiership experience and good, solid back up for Aanholt.

DC. Matt Mills - £3.9 from Reading. A lot of money, but I wanted someone who could lead from the rear. Mills fits that description.

DC. Magnus Troest - Loan from Genoa. Paid about £65k up front and £5k a week. He's a capable, dependable centre half I've bought in previous games.

DC. Chris Riggot - Already here. My mainstay central defender from the Championship season.

DC. Ryan Bennett - £1.1mil from Peterborough. Young, English central defender. Has all the skills to be successful and potential to grow.

DC. Some Malian central defender. Garre Dembele decided he wanted some company. I found this lad. Capable of being emergency back up only, but keeps Dembele happy and is cheap

MR. David Templeton - Bosman from Hearts. Signed with a Championship season in mind, Templeton has something I lack otherwise; pace. Will he make the grade in the Prem? He hasn't so far, sadly.

MR. Craig Conway - Bosman from Dundee. A left winger by trade, but I'll play him on the right to accomodate Shaun Maloney.

MR. Greg Logan - £650k from Peterborough. Regen winger from Peterborough who I intend on rotating in and out of the team to develop him. Also being tutored by Shaun Maloney.

ML. Shaun Maloney - £1.1mil from Celtic. Technically brilliant winger who will take all set pieces.

ML. Andrew Surman - Already here. Capable back up, although not in an AML position which I intend on using this season.

MC. Jamie O'Hara - Loan from Spurs. Brought in to be the technical playmaker, who works hard and gets forward. Cheap too.

MC. Korey Smith - Already here. Outstanding for me last season. I hope he'll make the step up - but if he doesn't, he will one day. Very potentially able.

MC. Lee Cox - £2mil from Inverness (I think). Another young, strong midfielder very similar to Korey. Also potentially able.

MC/AMC. Levan Kenia - Loan from Schalke. Technically very capable but hasn't got the work ethic the rest of the team have.

STR. Federico Macheda - Loan from Man Utd. Dead chuffed to have him on board. Very talented all round striker who can play a multitude of roles.

STR. Garre Dembele - £2.8mil from Lecce. A bargain in my eyes. Had to adjust the wage bill to get him, but in my mind the best striker we have.

STR. Jordan Rhodes - Already here. My leading goal scorer last season has earnt the right to compete this season. I don't expect him to play as much, but he'll get a few games and I hope a few goals.

STR. Leigh Griffiths - Wolves, £500k. Bargain. Well chuffed to get him and think he'll score a few goals for me as a poacher.

I've been playing an offensive 4-2-4, with two AM wingers. My midfield has been over run at times, but it's lead to a number of games where I've simply decimated the opposition 4/5-1/2. I really need a stronger central midfield pairing to cut out the sloppy goals and maybe a stronger central defender to shore up the defence too. I may look at that in January.

Archived