Pass and Move

Hi all! How's everyone enojying the demo? I haven't been able to play much because but so far I've been mightly impressed.

Just a simple question with hopefully a short and sweet answer.

You know in real life, alot of the really good teams play pass and move football. Like free flowing, fluid, short passing, quick tempo, Barca-esque football. The Spanish team play it, Barca play it, Arsenal and Roma used to do it excellently a couple of years back.

How do I coach my team to play like this? Usually I see even with great players on great teams don't pass and move fluidly like I want them to.

I hope I have made myself clear. I'm not new to the game (I've been playing since FM05) however I am no pro so I might need some dumming down before I understand what (I hope) you guys are gonna teach me!

Cheers,

ReeNah

This is going to seem like such a shameless self-advertisement, but I strongly suggest you look at my FM10 tactic:

http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php/224902-433-The-Real-Invincibles!-%283-seasons-unbeaten-and-counting...%29

You don't have to use it, since it wasn't made for FM11 (although I've been assured that it still works well) but I think you should take a look at it.

Personally, I find that to create "best" football (not necessary most successful,) slow short passing, combined with maximum width is the way to go. Every player ends up having so much space to work in, but still supported by at least 2-3 players in any given position. And that is basically the foundation of a good pass-and-move tactic. You need to create a framework where every player has space to move into and play football, but at the same time give him several options to pass to. If your team is using the whole pitch, there will be space.

This is going to seem like such a shameless self-advertisement, but I strongly suggest you look at my FM10 tactic:

http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php/224902-433-The-Real-Invincibles!-%283-seasons-unbeaten-and-counting...%29

You don't have to use it, since it wasn't made for FM11 (although I've been assured that it still works well) but I think you should take a look at it.

Personally, I find that to create "best" football (not necessary most successful,) slow short passing, combined with maximum width is the way to go. Every player ends up having so much space to work in, but still supported by at least 2-3 players in any given position. And that is basically the foundation of a good pass-and-move tactic. You need to create a framework where every player has space to move into and play football, but at the same time give him several options to pass to. If your team is using the whole pitch, there will be space.

I have to agree with Kawee. His tactic produces nice short passing with lots of pressing all over the pitch. Give it a go.

Defence needs work though... Also for FM10 version but even more in FM11 it seems... Defence gets ripped apart on a regular basis when facing quick lone striker... :-S

But otherwise yes! A nice looking offensive gameplay. Try moving the wingers into the wide striker positions with same exactly the same settings as the central striker to create a more 'Barca'-esque way of playing with all front three dropping deep occasionally creating lots of confusion ;-)

The tactic has been rock solid for me in FM10. I can't say for FM 11 though.

I've tried pushing the wingers upto wide striker positions, and I have to say it produces no real differences in terms of performance. It comes down to pragmatism. If you fast strikers, use the wide striker positions. If you play Arsenal like I did, wingers will be better considering you have the likes of Nasri, Rosicky, and Arshavin in your ranks.

The tactic has been rock solid for me in FM10. I can't say for FM 11 though.

I've tried pushing the wingers upto wide striker positions, and I have to say it produces no real differences in terms of performance. It comes down to pragmatism. If you fast strikers, use the wide striker positions. If you play Arsenal like I did, wingers will be better considering you have the likes of Nasri, Rosicky, and Arshavin in your ranks.

True, it produces little difference if you just move the wingers up the pitch, but what I said was to move them upwards AND change the settings to match those of the central striker!

Your central striker has some really effective 'false nine' settings, and I've changed the wingers to have EXACTLY the same settings, thus overriding the default ones so now the front three have exactly the same settings and we're playing with three "false nine's"...

It's great for replicating how Barca plays IRL... The front three all make high speed runs DOWN the pitch to receive the ball, and this is somewhat replicated with these settings... Try it out for a few games to let them settle with the settings and watch for yourself... it looks great if you've got the players for it ;-)

Archived